General Election 8th June

faraway saint

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Calm down FFS. Nobody is BLIND to the point you are making.

The Tories could have offered whatever they wanted. Voters had the last, decisive say  on this.

Pretending otherwise is ridiculous.

We are simply saying that if Voters had voted Remain we would not have Brexit right now.

I KNOW THAT!!!!

THAT WAS THE CART THAT HAS ALWAYS FOLLOWED THE REFERENDUM HORSE, AS I HAVE BEEN SAYING!

CALM DOWN?

THIS IS A MADHOUSE.

I MIGHT VOTE TO LEAVE...

That parliamentary democracy has decided to go ahead with Brexit though, hasn't it?

The Tories issued a manifesto with a commitment to a referendum on leaving the EU.

The Tories were duly elected with a majority in said parliament.

A referendum took place and the majority voted to leave the EU.

On the back on that referendum, our parliamentary democracy voted to go ahead with leaving the EU.

Good to see your party of choice following your principles by wholeheartedly supporting Indyref 2 as voted for by the majority in Holyrood.

#thichasfcuk

I have always reckoned that they could work out , if they wanted , how you vote in an election per the serial number on the ballot paper . It is even worse with the postal vote because they have your name and date of birth along with the voting paper . .:huh:

Christ where is my tin f**king foil hat. .

Edited by saintnextlifetime

Guest TPAFKATS

So the polls are showing Corbyn closing in on May, only 3 points behind in one of them.
Makes this story on STV all the more bizarre
https://stv.tv/news/politics/1390070-unionist-parties-working-against-snp-in-key-seats/

Scottish Labour's hatred of SNP has them working with Tories to beat SNP.
Imagine if helping the Tories win these seats actually resulted in a tory government.

14 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

So the polls are showing Corbyn closing in on May, only 3 points behind in one of them.
Makes this story on STV all the more bizarre
https://stv.tv/news/politics/1390070-unionist-parties-working-against-snp-in-key-seats/

Scottish Labour's hatred of SNP has them working with Tories to beat SNP.
Imagine if helping the Tories win these seats actually resulted in a tory government.

Political parties concentrating their efforts on seats where they have the best chance of winning

Shock, horror!

1 minute ago, mcdowell76 said:

Political parties concentrating their efforts on seats where they have the best chance of winning

Shock, horror!

That's not what they are doing, though. They are effectively encouraging people to vote tactically.

Very different.

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

That's not what they are doing, though. They are effectively encouraging people to vote tactically.

Very different.

I dont think there is any chance that Labour would do anything which would see a Tory MP elected and cost the UK party the chance to win the election. Not unless they had no chance of winning that seat.

It makes no sense whatsoever.

I think they are just targetting scarce resources at seats they can win.

This is tin foil hat stuff but maybe the SNP can make some political gain from it. This is pure propaganda though and it might annoy people like me who have sufficient intelligence to see straight through it and intensely dislike being treated like an idiot.

Edited by oaksoft

11 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I dont think there is any chance that Labour would do anything which would see a Tory MP elected and cost the UK party the chance to win the election. Not unless they had no chance of winning that seat.

It makes no sense whatsoever.

I think they are just targetting scarce resources at seats they can win.

This is tin foil hat stuff but maybe the SNP can make some political gain from it. This is pure propaganda though and it might annoy people like me who have sufficient intelligence to see straight through it and intensely dislike being treated like an idiot.

Dugdale has been quite open in highlighting that the Tories are "better placed" to defeat the SNP in certain seats.  Read into that what you will, but, for me, it is a unionist pact however loose.

How often have you heard Scottish Labour directly attack the Scottish Tories in this campaign?

37 minutes ago, Drew said:

Dugdale has been quite open in highlighting that the Tories are "better placed" to defeat the SNP in certain seats.  Read into that what you will, but, for me, it is a unionist pact however loose.

How often have you heard Scottish Labour directly attack the Scottish Tories in this campaign?

I agree Drew however its changed days, that Labour don't have the majority therefore will attack their main threat the Tories. For both parties its the simple SNP "more bothered about Independence than the economy" line.. Not sure what they truly expect from a Nats party....

Tory and Labour cant keep taking about 3 to15 seats off each other, they must attack the large slice.....

7 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

I agree Drew however its changed days, that Labour don't have the majority therefore will attack their main threat the Tories. For both parties its the simple SNP "more bothered about Independence than the economy" line.. Not sure what they truly expect from a Nats party....

Tory and Labour cant keep taking about 3 to15 seats off each other, they must attack the large slice.....

Its bizarre that they (SLAB) aren't attacking the Tories, though. The Tories are taking the unionist vote while Labour stand by idly - they might as well cheerlead them for all the resistance they are putting up.

Their pursuit of the SNP is timid at best, and they need to consider how best to align themselves if they want to regain any credibility. The place to start is by shedding their Blairite clothes and attacking the Scottish Tories. When Dugdale delivered a passionate speech against the Rape Clause in the Parliament, it had an impact. Since then, its back to SNPBAD.

The Tories are unravelling yet SLAB are still obsessing about the SNP and independence. They are missing 9massive opportunity, though I do wonder if they genuinely want to take it.

Edited by Drew

44 minutes ago, Drew said:

Clueless. You are.

If you can't distinguish, you really are clueless and beyond hope.

As usual, Drew resorts to personal abuse.

A clear sign that he is wrong.

Yet again.

Indeed, he he's misread my post! :wacko:

On ignore.

Edited by mcdowell76

Just now, mcdowell76 said:

Yet again.

On ignore.

On this thread mate your a prick and just on the troll, never once have you actually stated any thing that is for discussion .....

I am sure on other threads your a wonderful human Saints fan...

1 hour ago, mcdowell76 said:

Yet again.

On ignore.

Are you seriously trying to suggest that your response offered anything of substance.... whatsoever?

I'm afraid a retort that consists of "It is. They aren't. Not different at all" hardly warrants a more considered response on my part.

If you resort to limiting your argument to little more than punctuation, you aren't inviting people to offer more measured replies.

Edited by Drew