General Election 8th June

faraway saint

Political parties concentrating their efforts on seats where they have the best chance of winning
Shock, horror!

It is. They aren't.
Not different at all.

As usual, Drew resorts to personal abuse.
A clear sign that he is wrong.
Yet again.
Indeed, he he's misread my post! :wacko:
On ignore.

Good description of yourself actually.
On ignore as well.

Fixed it for you

'mon the Unionists!

He's not going to have anything left to read shortly.

#thichasfcuk

4 hours ago, Drew said:

Dugdale has been quite open in highlighting that the Tories are "better placed" to defeat the SNP in certain seats.  Read into that what you will, but, for me, it is a unionist pact however loose.

How often have you heard Scottish Labour directly attack the Scottish Tories in this campaign?

The Tories are not the party who removed Labour in Scotland though so it is no surprise to hear them attack the SNP.

Dugdale needs to answer questions about why she supports the Tories over the SNP if that is in fact her position.

27 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

The Tories are not the party who removed Labour in Scotland though so it is no surprise to hear them attack the SNP.

Dugdale needs to answer questions about why she supports the Tories over the SNP if that is in fact her position.

I actually like the  labour leader the more I hear him but could not vote for him because Dugdale is two faced having made it clear she did not want him as leader now all of a sudden he is the best thing since sliced toast.  I know she has nothing to do with Westminster but would feel it's a vote of confidence in her. 

23 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I actually like the  labour leader the more I hear him but could not vote for him because Dugdale is two faced having made it clear she did not want him as leader now all of a sudden he is the best thing since sliced toast.  I know she has nothing to do with Westminster but would feel it's a vote of confidence in her. 

I suspect many share that view, Ian.

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

sliced toast?

5 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I never thought that Corbyn was that bad despite the attacks from his own party , I never thought he was that good either . I reckon the last good leader they had was John Smith. .sadly missed

2 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

'Well fired'

We can only hope that's what's being said about May after June.

Things are going awry for the Tories. On a report that a senior Tory assured the rich they would be paying no more in taxes,, asked whether her government would guarantee there would be no tax increase U-turn May became Theresa Maybe's aye, Maybe's naw. Strong and stable,..... MY @RSE!

I voted last week - postal.

best outcome I can hope for - is anarchy.

a plague on all their houses - hoping my X helps support Jeremy's Hoose (for lack of an SWP candidate here, in this election).

i guess I've always hankered after living in Interesting Times...

it'll be fun to watch our politicos scrabbling round, trying to form a coherent government in order to bargain Brexit.

TBH I can't bring myself to get over excited about any of this.

People are desperately trying to paint this as a battle of good versus evil but all I see is two mediocre politicians fighting out a dreary battle over non-issues which will sort themselves out in time anyway.

I think I will leave the over-excitable young to get their pants wet over this election.

I cannot think of a single political issue worth getting overly excited over.

Normally , normally it makes little difference to us who gets in at Westminster but this time could be different - with the Tories ready to take on the reich in an RAF 1940 stlyee and with Jeremy offering to do a sort of beating the retreat and selling our soul in a Stafford Cripps stylee . .:P

Edited by saintnextlifetime

43 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Normally , normally it makes little difference to us who gets in at Westminster but this time could be different - with the Tories ready to take on the reich in an RAF 1940 stlyee and with Jeremy offering to do a sort of beating the retreat and selling our soul in a Stafford Cripps stylee . .:P

SNP it is then.

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

People are desperately trying to paint this as a battle of good versus evil but all I see is two mediocre politicians fighting out a dreary battle over non-issues which will sort themselves out in time anyway.

I think I will leave the over-excitable young to get their pants wet over this election.

Free condoms a the vd clinic ..that must get your juices spurting.

DBan-13XYAUMu1u-1.jpg

Edited by strummer

Guest TPAFKATS

Three opinion polls out today.

One has Tories ahead by 12%, another by 6% and the final one ahead by 1%

Fair to assume that once again the pollsters know f**k all.

Meantime despite a labour resurgence and tory meltdown, Brown, Darling and Scottish Labour remain obsessed with stopping the SNP.

https://stv.tv/news/politics/1390304-brown-and-darling-urge-voters-in-key-seats-to-stop-snp/

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Nothing further from the truth though depending how we see it. Torys are full of sound bites with May pulling an election from advisers simply because the labour leader was looked at  as some sort of nut case. Now it is back firing because people such as yourself can't get it into your heads that certain work force are using food banks.  Now the Tories are attacking a coalition because there is a credible chance they will lose power. Tory sound bites with no substance is the the joke of the century.  Unfortunately in England political mumble jumble is a bit like the old firm plenty down there will never change there vote out of loyalty. Sad but true. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

Three opinion polls out today.
One has Tories ahead by 12%, another by 6% and the final one ahead by 1%

Fair to assume that once again the pollsters know f**k all.

Meantime despite a labour resurgence and tory meltdown, Brown, Darling and Scottish Labour remain obsessed with stopping the SNP.

https://stv.tv/news/politics/1390304-brown-and-darling-urge-voters-in-key-seats-to-stop-snp/

All three are at it, they all repeatedly tell us that only they can stop the "divisive independence referendum" that the SNP keep going on about...

Here's a thought, how divisive would it be if Westminster prevented Holyrood holding the very thing that was in the manifesto of the party elected by most of the voters (by far) just last year?

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Nothing further from the truth though depending how we see it. Torys are full of sound bites with May pulling an election from advisers simply because the labour leader was looked at  as some sort of nut case. Now it is back firing because people such as yourself can't get it into your heads that certain work force are using food banks.  Now the Tories are attacking a coalition because there is a credible chance they will lose power. Tory sound bites with no substance is the the joke of the century.  Unfortunately in England political mumble jumble is a bit like the old firm plenty down there will never change there vote out of loyalty. Sad but true. 

What "work forces" are using foodbanks?

Are you talking about that daft nurse again?

The one on £22k who cant figure out how to prioritise food over holidays in New York?

I have to be honest, I couldnt interpret much of the rest of your post. Lots of biting, mumble hjumble and bizarrely summat about the Old Firm

Edited by oaksoft

8 hours ago, oaksoft said:

The one on £22k who cant figure out how to prioritise food over holidays in New York?

I have to be honest, I couldnt interpret much of the rest of your post. Lots of biting, mumble hjumble and bizarrely summat about the Old Firm

My mother's friend from church helps out in a foodbank in Ardrossan.

Most of the people using it ARE in employment.

After all the unemployed don't pay rent or many other things people on low pay do.

Must admit I always said that I would never vote Labour again after Blair's illegal invasion of Iraq.

Up till joining my current job I had been a member of the party and admit I campaigned for Blair in 1997.

Now considering going back to them as only viable way of getting rid of Tories.

Do you watch or listen to the news. Do you watch programmes such as Question time. Have you never made donation to a food bank. May I suggest you take time out go help a food bank for one day. If that is below you then go to a food bank and speak to the people giving their time for free to help out and listen to their story as you mate are so out of touch with reality. Please go it is very disturbing you don't understand just how bad the situation is.  

Don't tar all low paid workers with the same brush as that attention seeker.

Many people on the so called "living wage", which, by the very nature of the necessity of foodbanks, makes a nonsense of the title, require extra assistance from charities. If the Tories were honest they would never have changed the name from "minimum wage".

42 minutes ago, Longtimecoming said:

Must admit I always said that I would never vote Labour again after Blair's illegal invasion of Iraq.

Up till joining my current job I had been a member of the party and admit I campaigned for Blair in 1997.

Now considering going back to them as only viable way of getting rid of Tories.

In the Scottish Context the way to get rid of the Tories is to vote SNP particually in Dunfermline, The Borders and Edinburgh. 

I have to say how anyone can vote for Madman Mundell is amazing. He makes Trump look sane. 

35 minutes ago, insaintee said:

In the Scottish Context the way to get rid of the Tories is to vote SNP particually in Dunfermline, The Borders and Edinburgh. 

I have to say how anyone can vote for Madman Mundell is amazing. He makes Trump look sane. 

I can see your point but even if SNP wins every Scottish seat we will then definitely get Tory government