General Election 8th June

faraway saint

Just now, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Along time ago in the Land Of Hope And Glory we traded with the commonwealth our merchant fleet was one of the biggest in the world. Up and down the UK docks were full of mearchant shops coming and going.

We then joined the EU dropped our trading partners in the commonwealth to start new trade links with Europe resulting in ship yards closing up and down the country because trade now mostly come across the English channel. I'm wondering if we get no EU deal do we have the infrastructure to trade with the rest of the word ?

Not the plan

Tories will continue to drop corporation tax- Make us a big Gibraltar, Liechtenstein, we don't need industry, just bureaucrats , bring in billions of revenue and get more nukes to protect investments. Will be the British Bulldog Bank- And licensed to trade with anyone that's has stacks of cash  

The lower class can man the nukes and live right next to them........... Sorted

8 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Sorry that's not devastation as I am not devastated .....

Probably more concerned by the unionist alliance with the orange party of Ulster- the death of the racist UKIP we now have the rise of the promotion of religious divide...

Yeah sure is a proud day not be a Tory- I am happy- I wanted May taken down and humbled- and my god how pathetic she is

Watch the Tories kill her off and put in King Boris 

Best thing that could happen to the rape party is King Boris getting the job. For sure the Tory vote in Scotland would collapse.  

6 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

You said it, read Mein Camp its full of good ole right wing views

I am sure May agrees with U that last night was a tremendous success in the whole of the UK, she has strengthen her hand and secured meaningful talks with the EU- If Carlsberg did the Tory party :whistle

What the hell is Mein Camp?

I am getting visions of Goebells and Hitler doing the YMCA.

Devastation is losing around 40% of your seats in a single election.

Devastation is losing almost half your vote in one election.

Devastation is when you lose a raft of seats where you had majorities of around 10k or more and are sitting one day later with a 5-10k deficit.

There is no sugar coating of this.

We could easily have been sitting on 20 to 25 MPs today.

Every single one of those 35 SNP MPs has their coat on a shoogly peg.

Almost all of this is due to IndyRef2 and as such is an entirely self inflicted wound.

Without IndyRef2, Labour and the Tories had absolutely no campaign message whatsoever.

Edited 9 minutes ago by oaksoft

Have to broadly agree with this, perhaps given that I reside in England colours my views or perhaps I can just see the bigger picture, however if May orchestrated a catastrophic campaign and suffered accordingly then surely Sturgeon did likewise, I should state that I consider both of them as supremely arrogant leaders who are not representative (IMO) of the 'wider' population they claim to be working for, Corben on the other hand I openly stated I was terrified of him  winning; but he seems to have played 'his' politics extremely cleverly (mitigating and softening his approach) and through engaging the youth of the country (who had for a long time stayed silent) seems to have pulled the proverbial cat out of the bag............almost. So where do we go from here; almost certainly to another election in which if i was either May or Sturgeon I would be worried if Corben can bring in some of the middle of the road ex blairites he might yet swing a victory and whilst I am a patriotic Scot I was always worried about a one party state, it is never good for anyone to have to much power...just look at Scottish football for the truth in those words. But it has been exciting if not overly constructive for lets say certain sections of the population.

12 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

You said it, read Mein Camp its full of good ole right wing views

I am sure May agrees with U that last night was a tremendous success in the whole of the UK, she has strengthen her hand and secured meaningful talks with the EU- If Carlsberg did the Tory party :whistle

Godwin's Law strikes again.  :)

Guest TPAFKATS
Well, you're taking it well. Abuse - to someone who voted yes in Indy1 and voted for my local SNP candidate yesterday. What should I really do? Storm George Square waving a Saltire? Erect a tent outside Holyrood and stay in it, refusing to leave until I get the result I wanted? What about the comments attributed to Swinney on the BBC website today? What about Sturgeon's post-election speech. They are publically admitting that them pushing for Indy2 affected the vote in this election!
Honest to fcuk, if some SNP and/or independence supporters were Hearts fans, they'd be crying for the 2013 League Cup final to be replayed because even though they lost, it was close. Only 3-2. Honest, give us another 90 minutes and this time we might actually win it.
FFS.

Taking what well, the general election?
My MP was re-elected so that's nice.
I put 20 quid on no overall majority at 11/2 on Wednesday night which was nice.
You keep ranting about snp and referendums on here today.
You seem to be the only one hearing people scweaming for another indy referendum today, on here anyway. Not sure how you thought it was abuse to point it out. You should probably report it if it's that bad.

2 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Cracking right wing read

Not the YMCA as that will not doubt be closed due to cuts

The Young Mens Christians Association isn't a publically funded organisation..?

You're having a bit of a nightmare here, aren't you? :lol:

2 minutes ago, TopCat said:

The Young Mens Christians Association isn't a publically funded organisation..?

You're having a bit of a nightmare here, aren't you? :lol:

No mate I am living the dream, I am not in denial

For nightmare nights see May, you have to be the only party that sees failure as success, hence why small bigoted minds will work perfectly with Ulster. Hey there is a cracking wee new team in Govan, were you can go wave Union Jacks, save a queen and hate Catholics... Even lose quite a lot

I am a Paisley boy so its Saints and SNP on the agenda

Stop trying deflection your too thick to achieve it

9 minutes ago, salmonbuddie said:

Thought you had me on ignore?

#thichasfcuk

i still get notified when yo repy to my posts (which is continual) :1eye

i can pick and choose when to laugh at your stalking and ignore the rest of your irrelevant posts

you're not very clever :lol:

#thichasfcuk :1eye

i love the stats

this was actually the Tories biggest share of the vote since Thatcher in 1979

it was also Labour's biggest share of the vote since Blair in 1997

seems that the Liberals are the big losers

i had hoped that Remainers in England would with the Liberals but it seems that have gone with Labour while the Leavers have gone with the Tories

this despite Remainers being seen as middle class and Leavers as working class

Edited by mcdowell76

8 minutes ago, mcdowell76 said:

i love the stats

this was actually the Tories biggest share of the vote since Thatcher in 1979

it was also Labour's biggest share of the vote since Blair in 1997

seems that the Liberals are the big losers

i had hoped that Remainers in England would with the Liberals but it seems that have gone with Labour while the Leavers have gone with the Tories

this despite Remainers being seen as middle class and Leavers as working class

You must live in an Independent Scotland Bud, all you talk about is 10% of the population and 8 % of the available seats

So even in your wee microcosm, you still fail to realise that that wee country still returned 35 SNPs,  which is 3 x times what your precious wee Ruth managed

Looking at the other 92% of the seats u managed to lose 12 seats and a majority despite the collapse of your racist brothers UKIP , and Jeremy Corbyn  ..

Its really quite amusing see how pathetic you lot are- The arrogant Tory.....

As shown with Indy 1, Brexit and this GE muppets like you buy lies, you buy fear and you peddle self indulgence

Have no issue with 99% of Tory voters its a choice, but arrogant pricks like you just cant see that your actually celebrating defeat- its amusing

I don't need cheered up. SNP won, Tories lost, and now have to go cap in hand to the N Irish to try and hold onto power... In Stiches

Last time I looked SNPs, had 35 MPs, 63% of the MSPs and more councils than anyone else. Nooo bad for a wee corner eh  ....

So what we lost some MPs, big deal, after all 56 was a bit greedy eh, we need Tories, so they can ignore local issues and go join forces with what is basically the UDA

You must be proud , plus thick

During this general election campaign, the DUP's Emma Little-Pengelly received the endorsement of the three biggest loyalist paramilitary organisations

May says they are friends and share beliefs

Of course this will delight the hard lined Orange order that Davidson stoked

So any torys on here please don't burst into " The Cry was No Surrender" at the next Saints game, you will be evicted from the ground 

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

There was only one winner last night that being the labour leader in my opinion he has now proved to his own party that he has an appeal the public bought into.

May called an election for a larger majority and failed now she has to go begging to far right loyalist bigots to keep her party in power. One thing can be sure there will be chaos during brexit negotiations.

As for my own choice SNP I agree indi2 was a big mistake that should have been kept under wrappers until negotations to leave the EU will be complete.  

I think Ruth Davidson can also be described as winning too.

Not Scottish Labour though. Their vote went to the SNP in 2015 and when the SNP collapsed last night it almost all went to the Tories.

It wasn't all bad. The ego that is Salmond beat and wee Nicola's Indy 2 blown out the water! She took the electorate for granted as much as May did and they both got what they deserved! How ironic that her obsession with Indy 2 has helped the Tories form a minority government!!

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Along time ago in the Land Of Hope And Glory we traded with the commonwealth our merchant fleet was one of the biggest in the world. Up and down the UK docks were full of mearchant ships coming and going.

We then joined the EU dropped our trading partners in the commonwealth to start new trade links with Europe resulting in ship yards closing up and down the country because trade now mostly come across the English channel. I'm wondering if we get no EU deal do we have the infrastructure to trade with the rest of the word ?

Our industrial Britain was in decline well before the EU go going.

I keep hearing that the Tory vote in Scotland is going to collapse, and it keeps getting bigger.

That's 13 Scottish Tory MP's we have in Westminster now.  Thirteen!

We haven't had this many since the halcyon days of the Great Maggie Thatcher (god rest her soul) and her glorious victory in 1983.

Edited by TopCat