General Election 8th June

faraway saint

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

Not the plan

Tories will continue to drop corporation tax- Make us a big Gibraltar, Liechtenstein, we don't need industry, just bureaucrats , bring in billions of revenue and get more nukes to protect investments. Will be the British Bulldog Bank- And licensed to trade with anyone that's has stacks of cash  

The lower class can man the nukes and live right next to them........... Sorted

Yeah you are not devastated at all. :lol:

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I think Ruth Davidson can also be described as winning too.

Not Scottish Labour though. Their vote went to the SNP in 2015 and when the SNP collapsed last night it almost all went to the Tories.

There are many things Davidson can be described as winner isn't one of them

As this GE has now taken a sinister turn with the Tories uniting with the UDA we have bigger concerns...

Think you better check DUPs values before you start peddling the Tories as DUP is now part of last nights legacy

3 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

There are many things Davidson can be described as winner isn't one of them

As this GE has now taken a sinister turn with the Tories uniting with the UDA we have bigger concerns...

Think you better check DUPs values before you start peddling the Tories as DUP is now part of last nights legacy

Oh now come on, be a better loser than that.

She has added about 300,000 to the Scottish Tory vote, nearly catching the SNP, and added 12 seats from a baseline of almost zero.

To suggest that this is anything short of a success is churlish.

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Yeah you are not devastated at all. :lol:

I am now mate with the Tory pact with UDA

If you had a conscious so would you...

Leaving this thread now, back to good ole Saints...... I feel very uncomfortable with anyone who supports violence and unrest...

Enjoy your 13 seats and a wee side show the Tories have now created in N Ire.... 

1 minute ago, DougJamie said:

I am now mate with the Tory pact with UDA

If you had a conscious so would you...

Leaving this thread now, back to good ole Saints...... I feel very uncomfortable with anyone who supports violence and unrest...

Enjoy your 13 seats and a wee side show the Tories have now created in N Ire.... 

I have no idea what that pile of incoherent pish means.

Try English.

Just now, oaksoft said:

Oh now come on, be a better loser than that.

She has added about 300,000 to the Scottish Tory vote, nearly catching the SNP, and added 12 seats from a baseline of almost zero.

To suggest that this is anything short of a success is churlish.

If u think TORY success is losing Power and going into league with the UDA your the one who is deluded

Support Sevco you will find plenty like minded

1 minute ago, DougJamie said:

If u think TORY success is losing Power and going into league with the UDA your the one who is deluded

Support Sevco you will find plenty like minded

I am pretty sure I was caferful enough to say Scottish Tories.

I can't find the UDA on any constituency vote.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

I am pretty sure I was caferful enough to say Scottish Tories.

I can't find the UDA on any constituency vote.

You wont find made by Tories on Saudis missiles either

How can you have a Scottish Tory? Please tell what policies you voted for , not against

Tricky I know 

41 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Here is how I see it, and the usual suspects can say what they will (which is usually a lot of shit), I'm not getting onto any point scoring exercise.

1. There are a lot of traditional Labour voters in Scotland who dislike the SNP more than they dislike the Tories.

2. This is probably due to the SNP usurping what they regard as their rightful place in Scottish politics.

3. These people thought that the Tories would win a landslide in England, making Scottish results largely irrelevant.

4. This would allow them to vote Tory to get rid of the hated SNP without having any real effect on the GE result.

5. They voted Tory, resulting in an increase in the Tory vote.

6. There were those on the left of the SNP who were enticed by Corbin's rhetoric and policies and the demise of the Blairite stance of the Labour party.

7. They voted Labour, resulting in an increase in the Labour vote and a decline in the SNP vote.

This obviously will not hold true for everyone who switched vote but it will for most.

The Tory vote in Scotland will collapse back to its usual level at the next GE due to the traditional Labour voters realising what their actions have resulted in - the Tories jumping into bed with the right-wing religiously fundamental bigots of the DUP and allowing the Tories the opportunity to cling to power - and switching back to Labour. They will feel even worse when they realise that the swing from SNP to Labour could have resulted in Labour wins and there was no need for them to switch to the Tories to oust the SNP. Whether anyone switches back to the SNP from Labour is anyone's guess at the moment.

When you hear Dugdale talking about stopping Indy ref 2, you just wish that she had been as keen on stopping Tory f**k up 2.

Those on the SNP left that went back to Labour now know exactly what Scottish Labour stand for and are unlikely to make the mistake of voting for them again next time round. (not long to go IMO). 

Dugdale has hammered the nails in Scottish Labour's coffin. 

Will the Tory vote stay up. For all Dugdale's rhetoric, it seems that unionist Labour voters deserted her in droves. I'm not sure they will return as long as independence is on the agenda which will basically be forever. However, as we now have Scottish Tory MP, I'm not sure Davidson can continue to distance herself from Westminster Tories as successfully as she has to date. 

When you hear Dugdale talking about stopping Indy ref 2, you just wish that she had been as keen on stopping Tory f**k up 2.
Those on the SNP left that went back to Labour now know exactly what Scottish Labour stand for and are unlikely to make the mistake of voting for them again next time round. (not long to go IMO). 
Dugdale has hammered the nails in Scottish Labour's coffin. 
Will the Tory vote stay up. For all Dugdale's rhetoric, it seems that unionist Labour voters deserted her in droves. I'm not sure they will return as long as independence is on the agenda which will basically be forever. However, as we now have Scottish Tory MP, I'm not sure Davidson can continue to distance herself from Westminster Tories as successfully as she has to date. 

Agree wholeheartedly Insaintie. Kezia and her party have opposed every single bill in the Scottish Parliament, with her best pal Ruth. UK Labour borrowed many of these SNP policies and did well down south as a result. Will Kezia now support these policies? She did not speak about them once during the election and, instead of attacking the Tories, wrapped herself in the union flag to attack the SNP. Silly wee girl. She should resign and allow someone who knows what they're talking about to replace her

Black Night - Blue Day.

Stayed up to see the  first couple of results confirm the Exit Poll.

Got up just in time to see Alex Salmond lose his seat.

Predicted the Tory/Unionist collaboration on the drive to work.

Proud to have voted SNP and still believe we're the right party for Scotland.

All's fair etc but when KD was making her backroom deal with RD I wonder if she considered the seats the Tories won in Scotland would end up giving TM enough MP's to form a government with the DUP. I know you'll never read this Kez but that's what you've done.

56 minutes ago, cambiebud said:

Agree wholeheartedly Insaintie. Kezia and her party have opposed every single bill in the Scottish Parliament, with her best pal Ruth. UK Labour borrowed many of these SNP policies and did well down south as a result. Will Kezia now support these policies? She did not speak about them once during the election and, instead of attacking the Tories, wrapped herself in the union flag to attack the SNP. Silly wee girl. She should resign and allow someone who knows what they're talking about to replace her

We lost and while it's OK to be bitter, it not OK to be stupid. We lost because we moved too fast without gaining the support of the extra 5-10% who would've taken us into the majority and ended up losing some of our less committed supporters. If we don't address why we lost these voters then we'll never get them back and undoubtedly lose more.

So let me get this......

A shit PM who is out her depth, grasps to her Northern Ireland friends and allies for help in order to ensure some doomed to fail legislation on leaving Europe ?

Just who the feck is driving this bus now ?

The shamefacedness and sheer blunt arrogance of it all is sickening, the hypocrisy and lack of humility and honesty is shocking.

Since the DUP are going to be part of my life thanks to the tories I thought I would read up on them ..heard alot about them like everyone else, but I don't pay any intrest..

After reading for 10 mins you don't have to be clever to see this is wrong .if anyone thinks these guys are fit to govern then we're all f**ked.

Loving the resurgence of the Labour party who got my vote for the first time in about 14years, mainly due 

to Jeremy Corbyn "a genuinely good guy" IMO, who will one day be PM, hopefully sooner rather than later,

Sadly we're stuck with these Tory f**ks being propped up with a bunch of right wing bigoted religious freaks 

this is gonnae be a total disaster, Guaranteed...

During the election campaign, the DUP's Emma Little-Pengelly was endorsed by the three biggest loyalist paramilitary organisations.

I honestly didn't think the Tories could stoop even lower than they already have.

I was wrong.

1 hour ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Just how uncomfortable did she look when she was trying to show unfettered support for May's assurances about the new "dream team's" views regarding LGBTI rights.

For the first time ever, I actually felt a bit of sympathy for her. 

That fleeting moment has passed now.

Edited by FTOF