General Election 8th June

faraway saint

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Ok back in grown up land, happy to discuss, let me know when ur old enough

If it's OK with you I would prefer to discuss things with intelligent people.

Thanks for the offer though. There must still be working mens clubs around where you can meet someone more suited to you.

15 minutes ago, Drew said:

May's inflammatory slabberings outside No.10 this afternoon demonstrate, if nothing else has, that she is absolutely out of her depth. Someone wrote the script, but she agreed to read it. What an utter clusterf**k.

If you vote for that shower of psychopathic bastards, you deserve all that's coming. God help the rest of us, though.

Nice to see that traditional left wing compassion leaking out of every pore. :P

Can people not just vote for whoever they want without lefties turning every issue into a battle of Good versus Evil?

Nice to see that traditional left wing compassion leaking out of every pore. [emoji14]
Can people not just vote for whoever they want without lefties turning every issue into a battle of Good versus Evil?

Personally I feel that's a rather refrained description of the lunatics currently running the UK. And it's not the lefties starting it, it's that shower with their frankly inhuman and degrading policies and treatment of fellow human beings.

56 minutes ago, Drew said:

May's inflammatory slabberings outside No.10 this afternoon demonstrate, if nothing else has, that she is absolutely out of her depth. Someone wrote the script, but she agreed to read it. What an utter clusterf**k.

If you vote for that shower of psychopathic bastards, you deserve all that's coming. God help the rest of us, though.

Strong words Drew! :boxing

Like I've said before May's gone to Poll Tax Thatcher mode in less than a year and all she's done so far is stand in the background while all her rivals dropped in the post-Cameron bunfight.

I agree with you that if the Tories win with a sizeable majority then the future looks very unpleasant.

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Nothing like a good rant by a Tory against some "nasty EU foreigners" to fire up the jingoistic masses.:whistle

Edited by FTOF

Guest TPAFKATS
Nothing like a good rant by a Tory against some "nasty EU foreigners" to fire up the jingoistic masses.:whistle

I haven't heard her speech - did she call Junker an alcoholic as Ruth Davidson did?

1 minute ago, TPAFKATS said:

I haven't heard her speech - did she call Junker an alcoholic as Ruth Davidson did?

Do you mean the Ruth Davidson that thinks it's O.K. put females through a process that makes them re-live their rape?

May's xenophobic, paranoid rant was a sight to behold. Although if anyone would know about misrepresentation......................

Britain's negotiating position in Europe has been misrepresented in the continental press,"

"The European Commission's negotiating stance has hardened. Threats against Britain have been issued by European politicians and officials.

"All of these acts have been deliberately timed to affect the result of the general election that will take place on 8 June."

A hefty dose of scaremongering for good measure.

And a wee message for Theresa: we lost the chance for a fairer society for all with real opportunity for all, the moment her party took power.

The PM also warned of "serious" consequences if the Brexit talks failed, which would be felt by "ordinary, working people across the country".

"If we don't get the negotiation right, your economic security and prosperity will be put at risk and the opportunities you seek for your families will simply not happen.

"If we do not stand up and get this negotiation right we risk the secure and well-paid jobs we want for our children and our children's children too.

"If we don't get the negotiation right, if we let the bureaucrats of Brussels run over us, we will lose the chance to build a fairer society with real opportunity for all."

Guest TPAFKATS

Ordinary working people,
Brexit means Brexit,
Now is not the time,
Strong and stable leadership

Have I missed any of her vacuous soundbites?

Anyone know what the Tory policies are?

6 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Warm up match tomorrow - should give us pointers to the main bout!

You are right there , Colin . This a chance to make ones voice heard before it kicks aff next month. .B)

I don't know if it will be tactical voting or protest voting or maybe just plain old voting. .

Edited by saintnextlifetime

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Nice to see that traditional left wing compassion leaking out of every pore. :P

Compassion is in very short supply in Tory ranks, so why should I spare any for folk who put them in power?

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:

Ordinary working people,
Brexit means Brexit,
Now is not the time,
Strong and stable leadership

Have I missed any of her vacuous soundbites?

Anyone know what the Tory policies are?

Coalition of chaos.

19 hours ago, Drew said:

May's inflammatory slabberings outside No.10 this afternoon demonstrate,

But Sturgeon & Salmond's inflammatory slabberings (ahead of what they hope will be Scexit talks with the UK Gov) are okay?

if nothing else has, that she is absolutely out of her depth. Someone wrote the script, but she agreed to read it. What an utter clusterf**k.

My thoughts on Sturgeon

My thoughts on the SNP.

As per usual, Drew is full of abuse but lacking in substance.

'mon the Tories!

31 minutes ago, mcdowell76 said:

But Sturgeon & Salmond's inflammatory slabberings (ahead of what they hope will be Scexit talks with the UK Gov) are okay?

My thoughts on Sturgeon

My thoughts on the SNP.

As per usual, Drew is full of abuse but lacking in substance.

'mon the Tories!

What d'ye reckon to the Rape Clause, Andy? In favour of it, aye?

19 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Strong words Drew! :boxing

Like I've said before May's gone to Poll Tax Thatcher mode in less than a year and all she's done so far is stand in the background while all her rivals dropped in the post-Cameron bunfight.

I agree with you that if the Tories win with a sizeable majority then the future looks very unpleasant.

oakmuncher will be alright though, so there's no need to worry.

Every man for himself!

<_<

22 hours ago, oaksoft said:

If it's OK with you I would prefer to discuss things with intelligent people.

Thanks for the offer though. There must still be working mens clubs around where you can meet someone more suited to you.

Wow spoken like a true Tory................

Offer retracted........

18 hours ago, Drew said:

Compassion is in very short supply in Tory ranks, so why should I spare any for folk who put them in power?

Fair enough but you give up the right to own the moral high ground when you do that.

I see both left and right extremists being as bad as each other.

Both sides blaming everyone else for their problems.

Both sides filled to the brim with hatred for those who dont share their views.

Both sides whining.

Both sides reeking of entitlement.

Both largely ignored by the majority of the population.

I voted today - local elections. Voted for the Green Party candidate, marking my '1' in his box. Having received all the main party candidate literature through my door, I voted for the Greens based on the fact he didn't appear to be a complete knobcheese.

Roll on the big one in five weeks time. 

14 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Fair enough but you give up the right to own the moral high ground when you do that.

I see both left and right extremists being as bad as each other.

Both sides blaming everyone else for their problems.

Both sides filled to the brim with hatred for those who dont share their views.

Both sides whining.

Both sides reeking of entitlement.

Both largely ignored by the majority of the population.

When did I claim the high ground?

I'm about as low as you're ever likely to trip over:)

6 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I voted today - local elections. Voted for the Green Party candidate, marking my '1' in his box. Having received all the main party candidate literature through my door, I voted for the Greens based on the fact he didn't appear to be a complete knobcheese.

Roll on the big one in five weeks time. 

Tree hugger.... weirdo....

You'll be asking me for veggie recipes next!