General Election 8th June

faraway saint

19 minutes ago, TopCat said:

So hold on, whats spin about saying the SNP lost more seats than The Tories?  That's simple numbers.  21 is a bigger number than 12.

Seething deluded nat klaxon :lol:

One thing this election does do is kill indyref2 for the foreseeable.

Which is bad news in my opinion.  A second indy ref would have lead to an even bigger win for the no side than we got in 2014.

Cos Scotland loves this union  More votes for the Unionist parties than the independence parties yesterday, glorious :)

Yeah TC Scotland loves the Union that's why the Tories got 13 seats, most of them, there are more farms than people, also its like saying 5 is a bigger number than 50. The kind of numbers your glorious chancellor spouts , until like his glorious leader changes her mind... 

This is not about Indy 2 its about Brexit- Remember, that's what your glorious leader said.... fact is the only policy that the Tories actually had of any substance was to start killing foxes, the DUP will demand they are Catholic foxes

Glorious ?-  yup - You obviously love supporting losers , so please do enjoy your Glorious 22%

Looking forward to the next snap election next year , see if the Tories can have another stab at losing seats , I am sure with Boris "£350m to NHS" you have another quality candidate

32 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

The scweaming appears to be the voices in your head today.

Well, you're taking it well. Abuse - to someone who voted yes in Indy1 and voted for my local SNP candidate yesterday. What should I really do? Storm George Square waving a Saltire? Erect a tent outside Holyrood and stay in it, refusing to leave until I get the result I wanted? What about the comments attributed to Swinney on the BBC website today? What about Sturgeon's post-election speech. They are publically admitting that them pushing for Indy2 affected the vote in this election!

Honest to fcuk, if some SNP and/or independence supporters were Hearts fans, they'd be crying for the 2013 League Cup final to be replayed because even though they lost, it was close. Only 3-2. Honest, give us another 90 minutes and this time we might actually win it.

FFS.

Edited by pozbaird

Just now, DougJamie said:

Yeah TC Scotland loves the Union that's why the Tories got 13 seats, most of them, there are more farms than people, also its like saying 5 is a bigger number than 50. The kind of numbers your glorious chancellor spouts , until like his glorious leader changes her mind... 

This is not about Indy 2 its about Brexit- Remember, that's what your glorious leader said.... fact is the only policy that the Tories actually had of any substance was to start killing foxes, the DUP will demand they are Catholic foxes

Glorious ?-  yup - You obviously love supporting losers , so please do enjoy your Glorious 22%

Looking forward to the next snap election next year , see if the Tories can have another stab at losing seats , I am sure with Boris "£350m to NHS" you have another quality candidate

Supporting losers?

Tories were the largest party in the uk (again) and made massive gains across Scotland (again).

NICOLA MUST STAY!

7 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Supporting losers?

Tories were the largest party in the uk (again) and made massive gains across Scotland (again).

NICOLA MUST STAY!

Personally I think she should go...... Personally she never should have led the SNPs........ Personally calling Indy 2 when she did was a mistake- But lets forget this was before May called the GE to promote stability, saying Indy 2 would destabilise, actually funnily it saved her neck, but we are talking 13 seats not the 56 the SNPs were defending

With our streets unsafe, with our mental health and rape victims exposed by disgusting Tory Policies, think u will find a ground swell in all parts of the UK towards Labour, maybe the SNPs have peaked, but hey as we are the UK the SNP are hardly the issue, the fact that May is going into Brexit weakened rather than the strengthening pish, just means we all lose, bar of course the top 2% who will make a fortune....

U must be that 2% .. Congrats, as you seem to think Minority means winning? If your loaded it does

Edited by DougJamie

11 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Supporting losers?

NICOLA MUST STAY!

I'm really confused here ? Did you not admit to standing outside a polling both in Johnstone on behalf of the Labour party in a past election?  

2 hours ago, cambiebud said:

I do get that but this is a vile Tory government in London

Vile? Is it?

Are you unable to accept that around 750,000 Scots voters don't agree on that score?

Most Scots have very decent lives and clearly wish to keep it that way.

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:

The only people I heard constantly drumming away about Indy2 during the election campaign were ruth, kez and wullie.

And the SNP who placed it squarely in their manifesto.

People like you, who are in constant denial, really deserve to feel devastated after last night.

14 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I'm really confused here ? Did you not admit to standing outside a polling both in Johnstone on behalf of the Labour party in a past election?  

Tory Alert IOB

Answer will be short and a lie so be prepared:lol:

34 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

So the Tories lose seats all over England and Wales but gain 12 in Scotland and you DONT think that was about Indyref2???

Total denial.

Sturgeon made a catastrophic mistake launching IndyRef2 and she has left the SNP with no safe seats.

In October, if there is another election, we face being wiped out just like Labour were 2 years ago.

Talk of having 35 is just ostrich behaviour.

The SNP vote HALVED almost overnight.

Wake up FFS.

IndyRef2 is deader than a dead thing and Stirgeon killed it by being too f**king impatient and listening to the hardcore loons in the party.

She should have waited until 2025, shown due respect to the democratic wishes of the majority who voted No.

IMO she really should step down as leader but she won't.

If she fails to learn from this and take IndyRef2 off the table NOW, the SNP will face wipeout next time.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

People like you, who are in constant denial, really deserve to feel devastated after last night.

You know what Oak, I agree, huge error by Sturgeon, she created the Indy 2 and played right into Tory hands..... I think she should walk- Disappointing night, howver remember this is a GE not a referendum

However devastation , is not still being the largest party in MPs, MSPs and Councillors , that's a success

Devastation is defying the bookies who had at one stage had the Tories 20-1 to win by majority, by somehow getting the English anti tory, by somehow getting the English UKIP to vote Lab...................

4 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

You know what Oak, I agree, huge error by Sturgeon, she created the Indy 2 and played right into Tory hands..... I think she should walk- Disappointing night, howver remember this is a GE not a referendum

However devastation , is not still being the largest party in MPs, MSPs and Councillors , that's a success

Devastation is defying the bookies who had at one stage had the Tories 20-1 to win by majority, by somehow getting the English anti tory, by somehow getting the English UKIP to vote Lab...................

Devastation is losing around 40% of your seats in a single election.

Devastation is losing almost half your vote in one election.

Devastation is when you lose a raft of seats where you had majorities of around 10k or more and are sitting one day later with a 5-10k deficit.

There is no sugar coating of this.

We could easily have been sitting on 20 to 25 MPs today.

Every single one of those 35 SNP MPs has their coat on a shoogly peg.

Almost all of this is due to IndyRef2 and as such is an entirely self inflicted wound.

Without IndyRef2, Labour and the Tories had absolutely no campaign message whatsoever.

Edited by oaksoft

12 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Tory Alert IOB

Answer will be short and a lie so be prepared:lol:

I've already gave the answer...

I've been accused of a lot of things online over the years.

Being accused of being a Labour activist is the worst of the lot.

I don't think Sturgeon should walk. Salmond, Sturgeon and Swinney are/were able politicians. Scratch beneath that threesome though...?

Clearly, my posts indicate I believe the call, the loud and repeated call, for Indy2 was the wrong call at the wrong time. So do Sturgeon and Swinney, if today's interviews are any guide. No way should she walk though. I believe she has her head pretty well screwed on and will move on in Holyrood. Teresa May on the other hand... tick tock!

My local SNP candidate won comfortably. I voted for him. He's been a good MP up here and if I ever need the services of my MP, as I have done in the past, I am happy he's going to be 'my go to guy'. I used my 'X' and that 'X' is all I can be responsible for.

Gie's an election... been at least 24 hours since we had an election / vote / reffyrendum... get it sorted.

Just now, oaksoft said:

So the Tories lose seats all over England and Wales but gain 12 in Scotland and you DONT think that was about Indyref2???

Total denial.

Sturgeon made a catastrophic mistake launching IndyRef2 and she has left the SNP with no safe seats.

In October, if there is another election, we face being wiped out just like Labour were 2 years ago.

Talk of having 35 is just ostrich behaviour.

The SNP vote HALVED almost overnight.

Wake up FFS.

IndyRef2 is deader than a dead thing and Stirgeon killed it by being too f**king impatient and listening to the hardcore loons in the party.

She should have waited until 2025, shown due respect to the democratic wishes of the majority who voted No.

IMO she really should step down as leader but she won't.

If she fails to learn from this and take IndyRef2 off the table NOW, the SNP will face wipeout next time.

Tried to reason with you, but your a closed mind prat.................... As per..... Offensive and boring

This was a UK wide General Election and if it was about Indy 2- Well guess who got 35 seats out of 59 oooh that's actually called a majority,

The only loser in this election was May - to impatient, too arrogant ,  and to blinded to see that people actually care in this country....

The SNPs are not in power in case you didn't know, we are in the UK, and neither are the Tories in power, sky is blue , sea is,,,,,

No doubt this wont register and your normal well thought out FFS will be ur main response

8 hours ago, oaksoft said:

There was only one winner last night that being the labour leader in my opinion he has now proved to his own party that he has an appeal the public bought into.

May called an election for a larger majority and failed now she has to go begging to far right loyalist bigots to keep her party in power. One thing can be sure there will be chaos during brexit negotiations.

As for my own choice SNP I agree indi2 was a big mistake that should have been kept under wrappers until negotations to leave the EU will be complete.  

2 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Tried to reason with you, but your a closed mind prat.................... As per..... Offensive and boring

This was a UK wide General Election and if it was about Indy 2- Well guess who got 35 seats out of 59 oooh that's actually called a majority,

The only loser in this election was May - to impatient, too arrogant ,  and to blinded to see that people actually care in this country....

The SNPs are not in power in case you didn't know, we are in the UK, and neither are the Tories in power, sky is blue , sea is,,,,,

No doubt this wont register and your normal well thought out FFS will be ur main response

FFS.

First past the post system. I win.

10 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Devastation is losing around 40% of your seats in a single election.

Devastation is losing almost half your vote in one election.

Devastation is when you lose a raft of seats where you had majorities of around 10k or more and are sitting one day later with a 5-10k deficit.

There is no sugar coating of this.

We could easily have been sitting on 20 to 25 MPs today.

Every single one of those 35 SNP MPs has their coat on a shoogly peg.

Almost all of this is due to IndyRef2 and as such is an entirely self inflicted wound.

Without IndyRef2, Labour and the Tories had absolutely no campaign message whatsoever.

Sorry that's not devastation as I am not devastated .....

Probably more concerned by the unionist alliance with the orange party of Ulster- the death of the racist UKIP we now have the rise of the promotion of religious divide...

Yeah sure is a proud day not be a Tory- I am happy- I wanted May taken down and humbled- and my god how pathetic she is

Watch the Tories kill her off and put in King Boris 

Just now, TopCat said:

Nothing humble about my right wing opinions.

You said it, read Mein Camp its full of good ole right wing views

I am sure May agrees with U that last night was a tremendous success in the whole of the UK, she has strengthen her hand and secured meaningful talks with the EU- If Carlsberg did the Tory party :whistle

Along time ago in the Land Of Hope And Glory we traded with the commonwealth our merchant fleet was one of the biggest in the world. Up and down the UK docks were full of mearchant ships coming and going.

We then joined the EU dropped our trading partners in the commonwealth to start new trade links with Europe resulting in ship yards closing up and down the country because trade now mostly come across the English channel. I'm wondering if we get no EU deal do we have the infrastructure to trade with the rest of the word ?

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint