Hibernian v St Mirren Championship 6/5/17

shull

Hopefully it will be a Friendly, meaning we're safe.

Although we will win it if it comes to the crunch.

Ticket Information: Hibernian (A) - 6th May

SMFC Webteam
 Matchday Information

St Mirren travel to the capital on Saturday 6th May to face Ladbrokes Championship winners Hibernian in the final match of the regular league season.

Saints will face a Hibernian side that have already been crowned as Champions at Easter Road in a match that could be the Buddies last of the season - if they avoid the relegation play-off spot. 

Tickets for this match are now on-sale at the St Mirren Ticket Office.

The match details and prices for the match is as follows:

Hibernian v St Mirren
Ladbrokes Championship
Venue: Easter Road, Edinburgh
Date: Saturday 6th May 2017
Kick-off: 3:00pm

Ticket Prices

Adult £22
Ambulant Disabled* £22
Concession** £12

Anyone wishing to book a wheelchair place should contact the St Mirren Ticket Office.

*Must be in receipt of the higher rate of DLA/PIP. If a carer is needed and proof can be provided then the carer ticket will be free of charge. 
**Over 65/Under 18/Full-time students with valid ID

1 minute ago, Mr Zo said:

As Shull said on another thread Hibs won't pick up another point this season. Raith will win midweek at Easter Road.

I doubt it . Can see Hibs easily disposing of Raith on Wednesday . They better . 

18 minutes ago, munoz said:

I doubt it . Can see Hibs easily disposing of Raith on Wednesday . They better . 

Hibs wont be interested in beating anybody.

Their season ended earlier today.

Holiday mode

Hibs wont be interested in beating anybody.
Their season ended earlier today.
Holiday mode

I'm worried about Hibs mentality too, after getting dumped out the cup and having won the league already.
A lot will depend on the team Lennon puts out. Hopefully he's going to put a rocket up their backsides after Saturday and play his strongest team against Raith. You would also hope that McGinn and McGregor are in there and want to do their old buddies a favour.

6 hours ago, Balmullo Bud said:

I'm worried about Hibs mentality too, after getting dumped out the cup and having won the league already.
A lot will depend on the team Lennon puts out. Hopefully he's going to put a rocket up their backsides after Saturday and play his strongest team against Raith. You would also hope that McGinn and McGregor are in there and want to do their old buddies a favour.

Don't think Lennon or the players will want to end the season with 4 defeats and they could also be players playing for a new contract. McGinn will certainly make an effort to help us but I am not sure about McGregor. I have never seen or heard him say anything about us since he left, which does pisses me off considering how the club gave him a new deal while he was injured.

20 hours ago, renfrew said:

I am not sure about McGregor. I have never seen or heard him say anything about us since he left, which does pisses me off considering how the club gave him a new deal while he was injured.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hibs-darren-mcgregor-prepares-take-6519011

There's no circumstances which mean this game would be meaningless...?  Best case scenario for us is Raith lose to Hibs on Wed and to us on Sat and Dumbarton and Ayr both lose at the weekend.

Would leave the table like:

St Mirren 38

Dumbarton 38

Rath 36

Ayr 33

With Raith at home to Ayr on the last day... This game is going to be the crunch game regardless of what happens between now and then.

Might be better for us if we win and Ayr draw on Sat, leaving us safe from auto relegation and Ayr with a right good chance of survival based on beating Raith on the final day. Otherwise that game turns into a damp squib for Ayr, who would essentially have nothing to play for due to the large GD. Ayr then beating Raith on the final day is perhaps our best chance of 8th place finish.

12 minutes ago, paulsmfc said:

Might be better for us if we win and Ayr draw on Sat, leaving us safe from auto relegation and Ayr with a right good chance of survival based on beating Raith on the final day. Otherwise that game turns into a damp squib for Ayr, who would essentially have nothing to play for due to the large GD. Ayr then beating Raith on the final day is perhaps our best chance of 8th place finish.

If Ayr win on Saturday and Raith lose to Hibs and to us, we'd be safe from finishing bottom going into the last game, probably needing only a point against Hibs to stay up, unless Ayr beat Raith 17-0 or Raith win it 6-0.

Lots of permutations still possible. Main thing is to win on Saturday, then see what needs to be done against Hibs - it's still in our hands.