Hibernian v St Mirren Championship 6/5/17

shull

9 hours ago, renfrew bud said:

Will they be selling tickets for hibs game up til Ko 

Stop selling tickets for Hibs game at 1pm.  EDIT I have tried to get away tickets on match day before that's how I know the deadline. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

We still need a massive performance next week.

I really can't see this Ayr team taking anything from Raith, we need to take a big support up there and really get stuck in to this Hibs team.  I don't have any doubt that we can beat anyone in this league, and I do think we really will need to take something to avoid that playoff.

Dumbarton do what we couldn't and get a point at Tannadice then. That's them safe barring some ridiculous goal difference turnaround.

It will be us or Raith in 9th. Problem is we are away from home to top of the league on the last day and they are at home to bottom...

Going to be a nail biter for sure.

Kept saying I wasn't going if automatic relegation was avoided but f**k it, got to see this through regardless of outcome so tickets bought for me and my boy. Raith for all they were poor today have a great home record under Yogi so we definitely need a point. Today was beyond magnificent it was fantasy football so please a repeat as having come this far a defeat confining us to the playoffs next week would feel like a huge blow despite it being a fantastic achievement considering where we were. The perils of following the buds !

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Kept saying I wasn't going if automatic relegation was avoided but f**k it, got to see this through regardless of outcome so tickets bought for me and my boy. Raith for all they were poor today have a great home record under Yogi so we definitely need a point. Today was beyond magnificent it was fantasy football so please a repeat as having come this far a defeat confining us to the playoffs next week would feel like a huge blow despite it being a fantastic achievement considering where we were. The perils of following the buds !

In some ways now , the play offs would not be a bad thing as we would get to see the team playing again another couple of times and after today's performance it is almost a shame that we are coming to the end of the season . That was just magnificent today as we mounted wave after wave of attacks , simply superb. .

5 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

In some ways now , the play offs would not be a bad thing as we would get to see the team playing again another couple of times and after today's performance it is almost a shame that we are coming to the end of the season . That was just magnificent today as we mounted wave after wave of attacks , simply superb. .

Having to face two rounds of playoffs to avoid going down to the third tier would be a complete disaster.

Lets not mess about here, the easiest way to stay up is going to Edinburgh and coming back with a result.  We need the supporters and team to understand that and need to focus on getting that result.

Relegation is still a very real threat!

5 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Having to face two rounds of playoffs to avoid going down to the third tier would be a complete disaster.

Lets not mess about here, the easiest way to stay up is going to Edinburgh and coming back with a result.  We need the supporters and team to understand that and need to focus on getting that result.

With automatic relegation now out of the way I think we will have to agree to disagree on that last point you made. .

3 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

With automatic relegation now out of the way I think we will have to agree to disagree on that last point you made. .

You are either drunk or haven't followed St Mirren for very long!

Enjoy today.  We need a result next week though.  Going in to the playoff is not something we will enjoy.

7 minutes ago, Kemp said:

It would be disappointing but a real threat playing like we are ??? We will blow league 1 teams away playing anywhere near like we did today but having got so close from such a seemingly hopeless position it would still hurt despite me feeling we would destroy any div 1 team in the playoffs.

9 minutes ago, Kemp said:

You are either drunk or haven't followed St Mirren for very long!

Enjoy today.  We need a result next week though.  Going in to the playoff is not something we will enjoy.

That , is a matter of opinion . .

l don't get drunk anymore and I have followed Saint Mirren F.C. for almost 40yrs. .

Hope this helps. .

2 hours ago, Kemp said:

Sure about that bud? End of February we were 8 points adrift at the bottom of the league. Against that background, having to slaughter a couple of diddy teams to stay in the Championship ain't too shabby.

I firmly believe we will get, at least, the point we need next week, however, if things don't go our way then so be it.

Do you seriously think this team would have trouble taking care of the likes of Airdrie and Alloa over two legs?

I'm bemused why anyone wants to watch us again this season.

Results, results, and again results, it's all that matters. For all well we've been playing I want us safe and giving management an extra few weeks to shape their team for next season, as let's face it, it'll be pretty different.

I hope we sneak a draw or a win against Hibs, who will be up for it on the day, with them lifting another trophy.

For all I'm loving the performances of our team, I really don't care how it happens. Whether it's due to and Ayr win, an Ayr/Raith draw, a last minute fluke off a defender's @rse for us scraping something, or facing a team on holiday mode giving us the chance of a humbling of the Hibs. I do not care. Please let that be the last game of our season. Just please.

I firmly believe we will get, at least, the point we need next week, however, if things don't go our way then so be it.

Do you seriously think this team would have trouble taking care of the likes of Airdrie and Alloa over two legs?

With you on this, we should have plenty but you just never ever know. I feel it's almost a kind of a travesty that we could be involved in a play off as we are so much better now than our league position. However the way results are going elsewhere this season I am mentally preparing myself to wait for play offs, as this seasons pain rolls on !

Anything positive at Easter road next week will do, I will be delighted and it is possible with us just now. We are certainly capable enough and hopefully Hibs won't be as motivated as us to go in where it hurts.

However if the worst happens, at least it's in our hands now, whether play offs or not.

The reality is we're in the doo doo but we'd have bitten hands and arms off for this position four months ago.