Hibernian v St Mirren Championship 6/5/17

shull

44 minutes ago, Mearns Saint said:

I had a look yesterday, unless I'm missing something it only seems to be audio during the game and highlights after?

St. Mirren radio are covering it though.

it says "Video for international subscribers, audio for UK subscribers"

I will, magically, be in New York on Saturday, or anywhere else I choose on my VPN. :clapping

14 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Omni centre and cask and barrel before the game , Conan Doyle , cafe royal and Guildford arms after the game

These bars are quite far out. Not sure of the names but have been in bars only a few minutes walk from the stadium before and never had any problems in them even wearing Saints colours. Anyone know the name of bars close to the stadium where Saints fans will head. ? 

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

These bars are quite far out. Not sure of the names but have been in bars only a few minutes walk from the stadium before and never had any problems in them even wearing Saints colours. Anyone know the name of bars close to the stadium where Saints fans will head. ? 

Middletons on the corner of Easter Road and Edina Street is the closest to the away end. Usually end up in there along with other saints fans with colours and never any problem. It's an old mans pub with football on TV and usual beers Tennents, Belhaven etc. It is probably what you would say is the closest thing to being the away end pub but it also has its fair share of Hibs fans because the prices are reasonable. I imagine like all the pubs around Leith on Saturday it will be mobbed. The bars further out might be a better shout for getting served but I usually always try and get a last pint in Middletons before the kickoff. Not sure how much room there will be this week.

Edited by East Lothian Saint
Gone Drinking

Nice few days ahead of me as from tomorrow.

Fly over to London tomorrow. Staying at The Grove tomorrow night ahead of golf day on Friday. Fly up to Edinburgh Friday night. Meet up wi that plum Jimmy H who's flying up Friday night tae. Few quiet scoops Friday night. Staying at our mate's flat in Edinburgh.

Then the main event. Meet up with some old friends and family for some pre-match beverages. Watch our beloved Buds destroy the Hibees. Big night out in Edinburgh to celebrate. 

Train through to Paisley Sunday morning tae see ma auld maw for a couple of hours, then fly hame.

Carlsberg don't do weekends, but..........

11 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Nice few days ahead of me as from tomorrow.

Fly over to London tomorrow. Staying at The Grove tomorrow night ahead of golf day on Friday. Fly up to Edinburgh Friday night. Meet up wi that plum Jimmy H who's flying up Friday night tae. Few quiet scoops Friday night. Staying at our mate's flat in Edinburgh.

Then the main event. Meet up with some old friends and family for some pre-match beverages. Watch our beloved Buds destroy the Hibees. Big night out in Edinburgh to celebrate. 

Train through to Paisley Sunday morning tae see ma auld maw for a couple of hours, then fly hame.

Carlsberg don't do weekends, but..........

Kin hell, is that trip this weekend?

Remarkable that we are going to take close to 2,000 to Edinburgh on Saturday.

The players and the management have rightly had a huge amount of credit the second half of the season but the supporters deserve recognition too as they have been absolutely outstanding IMO.

The away support is ridiculous when you consider what we get at home. We're taking around 50% of our home support to away games at times, it's brilliant.

27 minutes ago, div said:

The players and the management have rightly had a huge amount of credit the second half of the season but the supporters deserve recognition too as they have been absolutely outstanding IMO.

The away support is ridiculous when you consider what we get at home. We're taking around 50% of our home support to away games at times, it's brilliant.

The atmosphere at the away games with the Drum and the day out aspect of it coupled with the added publicity on periscope obviously boosts the numbers. You should charge the Home Clubs for all the advertising you provide with the Buddies on Tour productions that obviously boost their crowds.

35 minutes ago, div said:

The away support/atmosphere has been much better for years.

Combined with the current "feel good factor" you get a week by week feeling that away games are the place to be on a Saturday.

6 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

There's quite a few of us meeting up and the pubs close by get too busy for us all to get round a table , so Cask and Barrel suits us , the Omni Centre is a sort of stop off place end route , Cafe Royal and the Guildford are for after the game 

Hoping to get train from Queen Street about 11 then head to Cask and Barrell to meet Griff and a number of mates.

It is very impressive that we have managed to sell close to 2,000. Outside Hibs we must have the biggest average away support in the league this season. Truely remarkable.

2 minutes ago, Mr Zo said:

Hoping to get train from Queen Street about 11 then head to Cask and Barrell to meet Griff and a number of mates.

It is very impressive that we have managed to sell close to 2,000. Outside Hibs we must have the biggest average away support in the league this season. Truely remarkable.

Can you imagine if we were going the play offs at the top end of the table . 

Jack and his team really have brought the feel good factor back . 

I now have 1 spare Concession Ticket available for the match on Saturday as one of our party of 5 has had to drop out.

Message me on B&W Army if interested.

Face value only or if a youngster then free if accompanied to the ground by their responsible adult.

Edited by St.Ricky

I would like to see the stats on average away supports in 2017 across all leagues in Scotland. We must surely only be beaten by Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs.

It is quite staggering considering we have been bottom of the league for practically all that time.

The feel good factor is definitely back and looking forward to next season already.

7 minutes ago, Mr Zo said:

I would like to see the stats on average away supports in 2017 across all leagues in Scotland. We must surely only be beaten by Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs.

It is quite staggering considering we have been bottom of the league for practically all that time.

The feel good factor is definitely back and looking forward to next season already.

Until last season we took a substantial proportion of our home fans to away games.

Up to 1/3 or 1/2 but numbers faltered as the teams results did the same.

Would be good to see 6.000 plus at Home Games and 2,000 at away games.

Lets not dream it, lets make it a reality.

Just now, St.Ricky said:

Until last season we took a substantial proportion of our home fans to away games.

Not really. We've been travelling well all season long. We're still outstripping clubs like Falkirk and Dunfermline in terms of travelling support, even at our worst. Even to places like Kirkcaldy, Dundee, Dumfries, we've still been taking 800-1100 supporters on the road.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Not really. We've been travelling well all season long. We're still outstripping clubs like Falkirk and Dunfermline in terms of travelling support, even at our worst. Even to places like Kirkcaldy, Dundee, Dumfries, we've still been taking 800-1100 supporters on the road.

DJ - You may well be right. My only downside was a fall away in the first 14 league games where results were poor but after January - Excellent

Always felt as a club we should be aiming to see a home support of around the 5,000 mark at most games. Realistically it will only really happen in a championship winning season so we will find out next season then.[emoji2]

9 hours ago, faraway saint said:

it says "Video for international subscribers, audio for UK subscribers"

I will, magically, be in New York on Saturday, or anywhere else I choose on my VPN. :clapping

I will be the same , I'll just say "hola" from wherever I end up. How much is Hibs Tv per game?

42 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

I will be the same , I'll just say "hola" from wherever I end up. How much is Hibs Tv per game?

I paid £8.99 the other week when they played Raith which covered me for a month.

Overall, better value than St Mirren TV.

Even for this game, still decent value when you consider traveling, admission etc.

Leaves plenty for beer. :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, lovestreet said:

With the exception of the Fergie era we've never had much more than 2 or 3 thousand home fans

I think you are a little on the low side. In the most recent past, apart from a relatively few matches, I seem to recall numbers of home fans I'm the range of 2,700 to 3,700.