Hibernian v St Mirren Championship 6/5/17

shull

magic, absolutely magic. I mostly missed it as I was commenting on the Kintyre Way Ultra in Campbeltown......Dougie Vipond there filming for the Adventure Show....we agonising together.

A few texts from HSS and one guy with a dodgy signal to WifI was all I had.

Faaaaaaantastic ....out for  bevvy to celebrate tonight

23 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I'll try to word this better! As an example - in 2013 I drove home with my St Mirren scarf shoved out the car window to allow it to pwoudly, vewy pwoudly, flutter in the air for all to see. 

I wouldn't do that because we avoided relegation, and I fully recognise the bloody effort the manager and players put in to ensure relegation never happened.

A quiet beer for me and hopes for a better overall season next time. Well played Jack and the boys though. Very, very well played.

Fair enough.

I am getting pished and having a party tonight like we have won the Champions League!

Right now I feel a sense of relief more than anything, that might change over the next few hours or so but in one way I'm glad the season is over and in another I just want to see the team continue play the way they have for the second part of the season. The players and management (and fans) all deserve the chance to relax for a while now and hopefully we can build on this for next season.

One little prediction, much as Shuggy Murray's goal at Forthbank a few years back has gained legendary status, I expect the current squad and they way they have played since January will gain similar status.

Come on you Saints

McCall... sits down to a takeaway fish supper tonight, ponders inability to even draw, much less win, against a team who had their keeper sent off after only four minutes.... shakes head, dunks a chip into curry sauce tub... remembers they also missed a penalty... throws fish supper in bin and lies down in a darkened room.

Yogi... sits down to a portion of fritters and a single sausage... ponders the league table at Christmas. Thinks about the job vacancies he might have applied for... mind flashes back to Stevie Mallan's goal and shipping five that might have made a difference... throws fritters in bin and heads into garden shed for a greet'.

Ross... opens a bottle of chilled fizz and contemplates a fortnight in Orlando.

Ach, fcuk it...I'm gonnae' celebrate too. Do, do, do, de, doo... Andy Dorman!.... Super Stelios! Etc...... :P

Firstly. I'm still eating my humble pie, (though the 10 beers are helping), for daring to doubt our dynamic duo.

But I just thought it important to thank this new board for backing our rookie manager to the tune of 10 in 10 out. I fear we would be heading to the abyss if the previous incumbents had still been in place.

Tuned in to (the embarrassingly biased) Hibs TV, rode the rollercoaster from 8th to 9th to 7th and after a very panicky last few minutes I can now reflect. Want to celebrate but weirdly can only feel relief! Feel a bit detached from all the partying I can see on Twitter etc. But toasting the pride of paisley with a beer tonight and thinking of 4th and above next season. COYS

2 minutes ago, VivaLaDron said:

Tuned in to (the embarrassingly biased) Hibs TV, rode the rollercoaster from 8th to 9th to 7th and after a very panicky last few minutes I can now reflect. Want to celebrate but weirdly can only feel relief! Feel a bit detached from all the partying I can see on Twitter etc. But toasting the pride of paisley with a beer tonight and thinking of 4th and above next season. COYS

Could have been worse if it was St Mirren TV where they don't quite know what a zoom function is and the commentators are like the Chuckle Brothers without the chuckle and, like most team TV commentators, are as biased.

Fantastic achievement! Well done to the players, Jack and the backroom team! Not only stayed up from a near impossible position at Christmas, but did it playing exciting, positive football.

Let's also recognise the fans who backed the team home and especially away these last few months with tremendous support.

Everyone deserves a few days off to enjoy the achievement before Jack and the board get down to the next task - keeping as many of the players as possible for next season and recruiting other players who are as good or even better. If this achievement means anything, St. Mirren MUST be challenging at the other end of the table next year.

COYS!

Could have been worse if it was St Mirren TV where they don't quite know what a zoom function is and the commentators are like the Chuckle Brothers without the chuckle and, like most team TV commentators, are as biased.

Was an improvement having immediate replays and all but at times I thought the two jokers commentating were watching a different match! [emoji38]

33 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

McCall... sits down to a takeaway fish supper tonight, ponders inability to even draw, much less win, against a team who had their keeper sent off after only four minutes.... shakes head, dunks a chip into curry sauce tub... remembers they also missed a penalty... throws fish supper in bin and lies down in a darkened room.

Yogi... sits down to a portion of fritters and a single sausage... ponders the league table at Christmas. Thinks about the job vacancies he might have applied for... mind flashes back to Stevie Mallan's goal and shipping five that might have made a difference... throws fritters in bin and heads into garden shed for a greet'.

Ross... opens a bottle of chilled fizz and contemplates a fortnight in Orlando.

Ach, fcuk it...I'm gonnae' celebrate too. Do, do, do, de, doo... Andy Dorman!.... Super Stelios! Etc...... :P

I knew you would come round!

Aff to the pub now!

Have seen some videos of the Hibs support giving the St Mirren players and supporters a standing ovation at the end.

And well bloody deserved it was too!

Best of luck to Hibs next season, hope they can join Aberdeen in fighting the Celtic, Sevco, Hearts axis of evil.

I'll try to word this better! As an example - in 2013 I drove home with my St Mirren scarf shoved out the car window to allow it to pwoudly, vewy pwoudly, flutter in the air for all to see. 
I wouldn't do that because we avoided relegation, and I fully recognise the bloody effort the manager and players put in to ensure relegation never happened.
A quiet beer for me and hopes for a better overall season next time. Well played Jack and the boys though. Very, very well played.

You and faraway should book a room and have a respectful game of doms. Me , I'll raise a glass to a team reborn after five years of abject pish !!
COYS

Who celebrates finishing 7th in a league of 10? Not St Mirren and nor should we!

What we celebrated at full time today was so much more than a point. So much more than finishing seventh having been bottom for the vast majority of the season.

What we celebrated was the preservation of history in a Lazarus style rise from the dead.

Truth be told, had we ambled through the season in a humdrum fashion and finished seventh this season, most fans would have been venting displeasure at best.

Instead, almost 2,000 of us stood shoulder to shoulder when not hugging one another, applauding a set of players who gave their all for the cause.

Credit to the Hibs fans at this point. This was THEIR party, but for a few moments, they respectfully allowed us to gatecrash it.

St Mirren FC is 140 years old.

In 140 years, Saints have NEVER played outwith the top two divisions of Scottish football.

I have supported Saints for around 40 years... Almost a third of the clubs existance! I think that entitles me to be passionate about them.

I have seen more lows than highs, more misery than celebrations... But when we DO celebrate, us Buddies know how to savour the moment... We have usually waited decades for it, suffering in the meantime.

Right up until the final whistle today, one more goal by Hibs and Saints would have faced a relegation play-off.

Worse still... Against our Manager Jack Ross' last team Alloa, currently managed by cup winning captain and Saints legend Jim Goodwin.

That thought alone was a painful one.

So... When the whistle blew, we were partially celebrating a hard earned point away to a very good championship winning side in Hibs, but we were celebrating so much more.

Relegation COULD have meant people losing jobs. COULD have resulted in us going part-time and spending unknown years in the doldrums.

We were celebrating the preservation of 140 years history in an escape act that Houdini himself would have admired.

We were letting the players know that we truly appreciated their efforts and know they gave their all.

We were letting them know that for 95 minutes today we were going into every challenge with them and were willing them over one final hurdle.

In a team filled with teenagers and youngsters, the inhumane pressure they have faced up to and overcome is testimony to the leadership of Jack Ross and his inspirational Captain Marvel Stephen McGinn.

We were celebrating their coming of age and the potential birth of something that hasn't excited me as much since a young manager called Alex Ferguson got me addicted in the first place!

No. Nobody should celebrate finishing seventh in a league of ten.

I hope we never do!

Slainte.

3 hours ago, SaintGlenburn said:

Yesss. If monaco win at 7pm i have got an 11/2 40 quid stake up. (Shit at ma sums)

Moan the bairns

Latest

Nancy 0 Monica 2