Hibernian v St Mirren Championship 6/5/17

shull

10 hours ago, munoz said:

Yeah . For me every away game and every home game and every penny spent and every emotion felt went into that 90 minutes today . Season ticket sales will go up . 

As for you ? You paid your money to Hibs TVs . 

Super dooper fan.. 

1900 Buddies paid an awfy lot more to Hibs FC yesterday than £5.99

And I am delighted they did.

We all support.

Edited by shull

What a superb day. From start to finish. The team were fantastic as were the fans. My first time at Easter Road since the 1980s. What a fantastic stadium it has become. Atmosphere was fantastic. Then a great night out in Edinburgh.

On the train now from Waverley to Queen Street with Jimmy H. Both feeling very jaded but very happy. Return journey to Jersey has been made all the easier thanks to our fantastic team.

Bring on next season!!

Full time 1-1

That'll do. After we got a goal each neither team was bothered. That's alright with me.

Who knows how we got ourself in such a state with such a talented side, but we did. We have managed to get out of it though, and one of the worst seasons in our history is now over.

Our record of having never played in the third tier of Scottish football remains intact.

Time to swiftly move on.

Had we such a talented side for the entire season that question would make some semblance of sense.

The truth is that our goalscorer today, Rory Loy, joined us in mid January. Our inspirational captain joined in late January.

The impressive Cammy Smith, maverick talent of Stelios and solid industry of Adam Eckersley also joined in January.

Not to mention our keeper who, despite a couple of cock ups, has provided a marked improvement between the sticks, and Harry Davis who played a big part before an unfortunate injury ended his season really.

These additions have helped bring the best out of the mercurial talents of Stevie Mallan, and afforded Lewis Morgan more opportunities to run at players and cause havoc in opposition defences. Young Magennis, whom the manager showed great faith in when bringing him into the team to replace the hapless Hutton, has been another gem.

That talented side including guys like Webster, Hutton, Shankland, Gallacher, Langfield and Clarkson will probably have continued to struggle, I think you'll agree...

[emoji106]

1 hour ago, shull said:

loygoal.jpg.dea0f6bdb1abaad52a1580cf414b5037.jpg

Great picture and not just because I am in it :)   Nothing I can say that not been said by other buds but I found the game more stressful than the cup final, and I pray I never need to go through an other 90 mins of that.

17 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Alex Rae GIRFUY !!!

Davie Farrell was on Off the Ball yesterday after the game. His response to JR getting all the plaudits was:

"Yeah the same happened to us last year then we only got 6 games the next season. What I'd say to Jack is 'watch your back'."

Classy! 

16 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

Davie Farrell was on Off the Ball yesterday after the game. His response to JR getting all the plaudits was:

"Yeah the same happened to us last year then we only got 6 games the next season. What I'd say to Jack is 'watch your back'."

Classy! 

He came across as a bitter wee prick.

14 minutes ago, Drew said:

I always thought he was less of a prick than Rae, but maybe not.

Neither of them have every taken any responsibility for the shambles of a team they built and very nearly taking us to the third tier and all of the pain that would have brought.  I wonder if they genuinely think they did anything on the same level as Jack Ross?  I suspect not, the terrible style of grim football they subjected us to is actually how they think the game should be played.

37 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

Classy! 

I also wish they would drop the 6 games chat.  There were plenty of cup games at the start of the season too, and scraping past the likes of Albion Rovers, being hammered by Hamilton Accies and not being able to compete against Championship teams in the league was all more than enough evidence that they had created the worst St Mirren team in living memory.  They had to go.  We should really be trying to recover their wages due to gross negligence.  They would both do well to keep their mouth more firmly shut in the future.

3 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I always thought he was less of a prick than Rae, but maybe not.

Neither of them have every taken any responsibility for the shambles of a team they built and very nearly taking us to the third tier and all of the pain that would have brought.  I wonder if they genuinely think they did anything on the same level as Jack Ross?  I suspect not, the terrible style of grim football they subjected us to is actually how they think the game should be played.

To be fair, Rae has taken it in marginally better spirit.

Anyway, who cares now? Like so many others, they are history. Thankfully, we can now look to the future, and look ahead and upwards.

I'm literally exhausted today. I could hardly get my head off the pillow this morning (and no, I wasn't pished last night). The day was emotionally draining, but how good does it feel to be a Buddie today, folks?

15 minutes ago, Drew said:

I had a lot of sympathy for AR and DF when they were binned. Not now though.

Rae couldn't contain his excitement as co-commentator a few weeks back when Dundee Utd scored late on against us and that from Farrell yesterday....

They did a good rescue job initially but weren't the men to take us forward. My abiding memory will probably be Ayr right at the start of the season when we just lumped it forward and Stevie Mallan looked like a guy who was shit-scared, nervously looking across at Rae bawling at him. What a change it's been.

4 minutes ago, Drew said:

He hasn't.  Any chance to put the boot in to us on the radio he takes.

He was on the Off the Ball last week and said he "couldnt stomach giving team of the day to either Celtic or St Mirren".  I know that particular comment was made in jest, but it is just one of many.  Neither of them have ever shown the good grace to congraulate Ross for turning it round or say a nice word about any of the players.

I know they would be best ignored.  Its difficult when the BBC seems to be contractually obliged to have one of the useless cunts on the radio every single week!

Watched the highlights on Hibs TV this morning. Their coverage it must be said, is superb. HD and slow motion highlights. They do a pitch side view of our goal from Billy O'Brien's box, great view of the St Mirren fans. I will try and upload a video of it

As someone who holds great affection for Cyrus I was very touched when someone gave Stelios the Greek Cypriot flag.

This is the actual flag........

They wouldn't let him bring in the pole, but, I believe, Alex Rae tried to smuggle it in up his arse.

image.thumb.png.ad23185880a45c61a26f12ec605c1371.png

21 minutes ago, Drew said:

Anyway, who cares now? Like so many others, they are history. Thankfully, we can now look to the future, and look ahead and upwards.

I'm literally exhausted today. I could hardly get my head off the pillow this morning (and no, I wasn't pished last night). The day was emotionally draining, but how good does it feel to be a Buddie today, folks?

13 minutes ago, Kemp said:

He hasn't.  Any chance to put the boot in to us on the radio he takes.

He was on the Off the Ball last week and said he "couldnt stomach giving team of the day to either Celtic or St Mirren".  I know that particular comment was made in jest, but it is just one of many.  Neither of them have ever shown the good grace to congraulate Ross for turning it round or say a nice word about any of the players.

I know they would be best ignored.  Its difficult when the BBC seems to be contractually obliged to have one of the useless cunts on the radio every single week!

Agree with the sentiments above. I was swithering about Rae when he got the boot and was unsure about JR when he was appointed. I am so happy that my doubts were groundless.

The swagger and verve we are playing with at the moment should enable us to forget about that management team and move on. Next season has the potential to be great if we can keep this team together.

Hopefully the two of them will move on and stop moaning about the decision that saved St Mirren. We will move onwards and upwards regardless.

Now - when can I get that Season Ticket renewed?

Yesterday wasn't just about celebrating staying up - after years of what can only be described as abject pish, Jack Ross and this group of players have given us our club back and also a "gallus" team with a bit of swagger that we can be proud of.

The bond just now between the club and the fans is reminiscent of the early Fergie days -  hopefully we can build on this and push on from here and get this great club back where it belongs.

COYS !!!

Watched the highlights on Hibs TV this morning. Their coverage it must be said, is superb. HD and slow motion highlights. They do a pitch side view of our goal from Billy O'Brien's box, great view of the St Mirren fans. I will try and upload a video of it

Enjoy