Hibernian v St Mirren Championship 6/5/17

shull

I'm glad I took today off to continue the celebrations.  Just need a few paracetamols, another four hours sleep and a fry up. 

Brillant weekend in Edinburgh and great to read through these pages. The importance of the Ross effect cannot be overestimated, I doubt any other manager in our price bracket could have turned this around. The January changes were important but the change in personnel wasn't what lifted us from 10th to 7th, it was the managerial skill to get a set of players to start playing with belief and freedom. Thanks Jack. 

Shull - Where was the Gary Mac photo taken?  Was this at Easter Rd during Jack's half time talk?

The goal has actually got shades of Sir Thommo's late equaliser at Ibrox, with both moves starting with Samson/Stelios in almost the same spot near our own goal line, moving diagonally across the park and ending in the same corner of the net 100 yards later.

If Question of Sport did a 'What happened next?' when Stelios intercepted the ball on the penalty spot, facing his own goal, you wouldn't anticipate the ball being in the net, at the other end, seconds later.

Edited by Dirty Sanchez

1 hour ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

The goal has actually got shades of Sir Thommo's late equaliser at Ibrox, with both moves starting with Samson/Stelios in almost the sport near our own goal line, moving diagonally across the park and ending in the same corner of the net 100 yards later.

If Question of Sport did a 'What happened next?' when Stelios intercepted the ball on the penalty spot, facing his own goal, you wouldn't anticipate the ball being in the net, at the other end, seconds later.

I thought exactly the same as you did.  An amazing "goal line to goal" - goal!   Thommoesque....

30 minutes ago, Barney63 said:

who is it that flops down flat on his back with relief?

21 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Lewis Morgan

And the flopping on the deck was also after Morgan's lung-busting, carrying the ball down the field then diagonally  across before releasing it.  He stayed, standing ready for more action, till his efforts were rewarded and he could momentarily relax in exaltation.

I watched and re-watched that this morning.  :)  SO pleasing.

Ah'm gaunie have anurra keek..... :)

Edited by antrin

8 hours ago, doonhamer said:

I'm glad I took today off to continue the celebrations.  Just need a few paracetamols, another four hours sleep and a fry up. 

Brillant weekend in Edinburgh and great to read through these pages. The importance of the Ross effect cannot be overestimated, I doubt any other manager in our price bracket could have turned this around. The January changes were important but the change in personnel wasn't what lifted us from 10th to 7th, it was the managerial skill to get a set of players to start playing with belief and freedom. Thanks Jack. 

Shull - Where was the Gary Mac photo taken?  Was this at Easter Rd during Jack's half time talk?

That was captain McKenzie having a quiet pint to wind down in the Bankhouse. Total legend of a man.

Anyone else reckon Mallan shapes up as if to have a first time direct strike in order to wrong foot the defenders before he waltzed past them? Glorious.

I noticed none of these little features at the time. I was too busy trying to maintain control of my bowels:ph34r:

Was away at weekend, no internet and a crackling reception of the radio, I hope we all patted ourselves on the back, felt awesome, 22 C looking at Jura for real and in a glass helps,

Winnie sums it up perfectly

Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few

More like Phew!!!

Season done ......................... Next !!!!

Sat 6th May 2017

Awake at 6am, 9.30am sat out backdoor reading pde and drinking a coffee out of Tam McGarry's saints mug :heart. Half 10 on way to pick up my wee nephew for his first pub brekkie before a game, 11am Burger and Keg with my buds Darn, Franky, Andy (the other McGarry legend) and the weans, beers and burgers and usual banter. Half 12 bus...buzzing, banter, nae nerves at all from me. Half 2 in the stadium - still nae nerves sunny day in Leith loving it! 2.40 - it was like someone kicked my stomach NERVES hit in like HELL. What followed ....an absolutely amazing day and night...nail biting to feck that last wee while, tears at the goal, tears at the whistle, and tears several times since. Great we journey back then langs for a few. Night tho - that was special...Bankhouse for the POTY, went and met the McGarry's, Broons and Magennis's - great wee area to ourselves great view thanks to a big chunky coffee table and just stood singing, cuddling and having an amazing night watching an amazing group of players, management and backroom staff and us fans letting off steam.

The most emotional season EVER. End of night myself and young Laura Broon the only 2 of our gang left....cannae get a taxi for love nor money...then Ginto's mum phoned and came got us.....phew cos it be a hell of walk to glenburn when you are Gary Mac'd .

What an absolutely amazing day...I feckin love St.Mirren.  This is a very special time for our club and I really hope JR can retain a good part of this squad. exciting times ahead.

3 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Was away at weekend, no internet and a crackling reception of the radio, I hope we all patted ourselves on the back, felt awesome, 22 C looking at Jura for real and in a glass helps,

Winnie sums it up perfectly

Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few

More like Phew!!!

Season done ......................... Next !!!!

I see (above) that Miss Saint took your hint and posted another Winnie quote...   :rolleyes: