Hibernian v St Mirren Championship 6/5/17

shull

Just had a look on Hibs fans forum, they've only got around 400 tickets left so definitely going to be a sell out,

Never realised only 3 ends of the ground open, talk on there of trying to open South stand for this one ( I assume that's the old main stand) depends on safety issues, certificates, police etc.

Anyone know how many tickets we've been allocated, looks like we're sharing away stand with home support. 

8 minutes ago, shull said:

Old Main Stand was demolished years ago. 

New Stand in it's place. 

They may open remainder of Away Stand for home fans. 

Correct sir, I was talking keech lol, misread the Hibs website saying only 3 stands were on sale, the other is obviously the away stand and no decision has been made yet if it will be split between home and away fans, I suspect it will 

Edited by Jimmy H

6 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Sooooo looking forward to this game hope our team and our fans applaud Hibs onto the park then we go on to win the game how good would that be. Me and the wife have booked an apartment for the night so hopefully it will be a celebration in Edinburgh after the game :)

Way too much information !!!

10 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Sooooo looking forward to this game hope our team and our fans applaud Hibs onto the park then we go on to win the game how good would that be. Me and the wife have booked an apartment for the night so hopefully it will be a celebration in Edinburgh after the game :)

Staying in Edinburgh as well mate, fly in Friday night got a mate who's got a flat on Leith Walk so free accommodation for us lol 

I personally won't 'celebrate' avoiding relegation to the third tier of Scottish football, I will however be delighted when we avoid something that I thought we'd never witness as Saints fans in that respect.

I'd celebrate promotion/getting to a cup final etc but not avoiding relegation.

I think being delighted & relieved would be my overwhelming emotion coupled with delight at how good we have been in recent months.

The team have been excellent since after the January transfer window but home & particularly away the fans have been truly superb.

I think we can win against Hibs, I don't see us losing, but it'll be a nervy 90 minutes either way.

7 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

I personally won't 'celebrate' avoiding relegation to the third tier of Scottish football, I will however be delighted when we avoid something that I thought we'd never witness as Saints fans in that respect.

I'd celebrate promotion/getting to a cup final etc but not avoiding relegation.

I think being delighted & relieved would be my overwhelming emotion coupled with delight at how good we have been in recent months.

The team have been excellent since after the January transfer window but home & particularly away the fans have been truly superb.

I think we can win against Hibs, I don't see us losing, but it'll be a nervy 90 minutes either way.

I remember the celebration at Stirling. If we beat Hibs it will truly be an outstanding achievement given our dire situation we were in one that should be celebrated mate. 

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I remember the celebration at Stirling. If we beat Hibs it will truly be an outstanding achievement given our dire situation we were in one that should be celebrated mate. 

I recall Stirling. Certainly worth celebrating, IMHO.

On ‎29‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 8:44 PM, Kemp said:

Having to face two rounds of playoffs to avoid going down to the third tier would be a complete disaster.

Lets not mess about here, the easiest way to stay up is going to Edinburgh and coming back with a result.  We need the supporters and team to understand that and need to focus on getting that result.

Relegation is still a very real threat!

Not quite a disaster but it would be a setback..

Even though I think we'd come through the play-offs it would leave us in limbo for another fortnight when we could be getting players signed up.

Best to get the job done on Saturday.

Not quite a disaster but it would be a setback..
Even though I think we'd come through the play-offs it would leave us in limbo for another fortnight when we could be getting players signed up.
Best to get the job done on Saturday.

Aye. And I want to go on holiday in May so get it sorted on Saturday!

I was just reading on the Hibs site that you are apparently not allowed to have opposing fans above/below each other, which was news to me.

If they split the stand between us and them, it will need to be done vertically. i.e.with us both upstairs and downstairs on one side.

Presuming our initial allocation of 900 is the two lower tier blocks closest to the Main Stand, I wonder if the next lot of tickets we get will be for upstairs. If not, they'll be limiting how many Hibs fans they can get into the stand when they inevitably split it due to them selling out the rest of the ground.

It will be interesting to see how many we actually take. Precedents from previous years show that, when it's do or die, basically the whole home support travels. With no chance of actually going down on Saturday and no pay at the gate it might not be Motherwell 2007 again numbers wise, but with 800 in Kirkcaldy in midweek when we were 5 points adrift, plus what we've seen since then we should surely be well into four figures easily.

Edited by Dirty Sanchez

7 hours ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

I was just reading on the Hibs site that you are apparently not allowed to have opposing fans above/below each other, which was news to me.

If they split the stand between us and them, it will need to be done vertically. i.e.with us both upstairs and downstairs on one side.

Presuming our initial allocation of 900 is the two lower tier blocks closest to the Main Stand, I wonder if the next lot of tickets we get will be for upstairs. If not, they'll be limiting how many Hibs fans they can get into the stand when they inevitably split it due to them selling out the rest of the ground.

It will be interesting to see how many we actually take. Precedents from previous years show that, when it's do or die, basically the whole home support travels. With no chance of actually going down on Saturday and no pay at the gate it might not be Motherwell 2007 again numbers wise, but with 800 in Kirkcaldy in midweek when we were 5 points adrift, plus what we've seen since then we should surely be well into four figures easily.

We took 1500 to Dundee Utd and Falkirk I think so I would imagine we could take at least that if we have enough tickets.