Hibernian v St Mirren Championship 6/5/17

shull

Proud of my team, proud of our fans and pleased that Jack Ross and his team got the reward all his hard work deserved...Never doubted him. Today was fantastic and i'm so happy that we completed this fantastic comeback from  what looked like certain relegation.Bring on next season! We'll be fighting for promotion no doubt.

01.36... back home from a night out with friends at an Italian restaurant... more than a few shandies partaken. Typing seems good so far, no glaring typos... still torn about the meaning of the word 'celebrate' in regard to a 1987 Scottish Cup win after suffering the heartbreak of the Aberdeen, Sellik and Oldco semi-final defeats, in comparison to celebrating avoiding relegation...

a moot point. Raised a glass (or ten) tonight, to a job done. Roll on next season.

COYS.

It's maybe a good time to request heavily discounted Season Tickets for 2017/18 while everybody at the Club is in a happy mood. 

Living in Leeds and working nearby i know plenty of Leeds/Bradford City/Sheff Wed & Utd fans etc

Leeds are giving all season ticket holders 50% refund cash on this seasons tickets as they failed to reach play offs ( that was the deal this season) & Bradford City are only £149 adults early bird for next season

72a909491662951617e12a081402e88a.jpg

10 hours ago, munoz said:

Yeah . For me every away game and every home game and every penny spent and every emotion felt went into that 90 minutes today . Season ticket sales will go up . 

As for you ? You paid your money to Hibs TVs . 

Super dooper fan.. 

1900 Buddies paid an awfy lot more to Hibs FC yesterday than £5.99

And I am delighted they did.

We all support.

Edited by shull

1 hour ago, shull said:

loygoal.jpg.dea0f6bdb1abaad52a1580cf414b5037.jpg

Great picture and not just because I am in it :)   Nothing I can say that not been said by other buds but I found the game more stressful than the cup final, and I pray I never need to go through an other 90 mins of that.

17 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Alex Rae GIRFUY !!!

Davie Farrell was on Off the Ball yesterday after the game. His response to JR getting all the plaudits was:

"Yeah the same happened to us last year then we only got 6 games the next season. What I'd say to Jack is 'watch your back'."

Classy! 

14 minutes ago, Drew said:

He came across as a bitter wee prick.

I always thought he was less of a prick than Rae, but maybe not.

Neither of them have every taken any responsibility for the shambles of a team they built and very nearly taking us to the third tier and all of the pain that would have brought.  I wonder if they genuinely think they did anything on the same level as Jack Ross?  I suspect not, the terrible style of grim football they subjected us to is actually how they think the game should be played.

3 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I always thought he was less of a prick than Rae, but maybe not.

Neither of them have every taken any responsibility for the shambles of a team they built and very nearly taking us to the third tier and all of the pain that would have brought.  I wonder if they genuinely think they did anything on the same level as Jack Ross?  I suspect not, the terrible style of grim football they subjected us to is actually how they think the game should be played.

To be fair, Rae has taken it in marginally better spirit.

Anyway, who cares now? Like so many others, they are history. Thankfully, we can now look to the future, and look ahead and upwards.

I'm literally exhausted today. I could hardly get my head off the pillow this morning (and no, I wasn't pished last night). The day was emotionally draining, but how good does it feel to be a Buddie today, folks?

4 minutes ago, Drew said:

He hasn't.  Any chance to put the boot in to us on the radio he takes.

He was on the Off the Ball last week and said he "couldnt stomach giving team of the day to either Celtic or St Mirren".  I know that particular comment was made in jest, but it is just one of many.  Neither of them have ever shown the good grace to congraulate Ross for turning it round or say a nice word about any of the players.

I know they would be best ignored.  Its difficult when the BBC seems to be contractually obliged to have one of the useless cunts on the radio every single week!

As someone who holds great affection for Cyrus I was very touched when someone gave Stelios the Greek Cypriot flag.

This is the actual flag........

They wouldn't let him bring in the pole, but, I believe, Alex Rae tried to smuggle it in up his arse.

image.thumb.png.ad23185880a45c61a26f12ec605c1371.png

21 minutes ago, Drew said:

Anyway, who cares now? Like so many others, they are history. Thankfully, we can now look to the future, and look ahead and upwards.

I'm literally exhausted today. I could hardly get my head off the pillow this morning (and no, I wasn't pished last night). The day was emotionally draining, but how good does it feel to be a Buddie today, folks?

13 minutes ago, Kemp said:

He hasn't.  Any chance to put the boot in to us on the radio he takes.

He was on the Off the Ball last week and said he "couldnt stomach giving team of the day to either Celtic or St Mirren".  I know that particular comment was made in jest, but it is just one of many.  Neither of them have ever shown the good grace to congraulate Ross for turning it round or say a nice word about any of the players.

I know they would be best ignored.  Its difficult when the BBC seems to be contractually obliged to have one of the useless cunts on the radio every single week!

Agree with the sentiments above. I was swithering about Rae when he got the boot and was unsure about JR when he was appointed. I am so happy that my doubts were groundless.

The swagger and verve we are playing with at the moment should enable us to forget about that management team and move on. Next season has the potential to be great if we can keep this team together.

Hopefully the two of them will move on and stop moaning about the decision that saved St Mirren. We will move onwards and upwards regardless.

Now - when can I get that Season Ticket renewed?