Hibs v Raith - Wednesday

pozbaird

Raith still available at 7/1 the win and around 2/1 to win or draw. Worth an insurance bet.

FWIW this could work the other way. Hibs young players and fringe players will still be of very decent quality and will be busting a gut to impress whereas had the first team been playing they would all have had the slippers on and cigar out.

What will be will be.

Guest TPAFKATS

I think Lennon is trolling the authorities. He's looking to get hibs hauled up for not playing his strongest team. Builds up the siege mentality and conspiracy theories.
Oh, and he's also a prick

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I think that's a lot of bollox.

Don't you remember, he was our pal a while ago?

Bollocks or not it's clearly against League rules and any sort of spirit of competition to openly admit you're giving your team the night off when your next 3 games are against the 3 teams most closely involved in a critical relegation fight.

League has already influenced the placings allowing Ayr to take beat a Raith side with no goalkeeper and now it seems fine for Hibs to play
Raith with next to no first team before presumably bringing them back after their wee rest for a Home finale against St Mirren.

59009e406c8b7_hibsunderstrength.JPG.02a0a8d129d89a4b9bf7dc5166947fcb.JPG

4 minutes ago, Katie Bear said:

Bollocks or not it's clearly against League rules and any sort of spirit of competition to openly admit you're giving your team the night off when your next 3 games are against the 3 teams most closely involved in a critical relegation fight.

League has already influenced the placings allowing Ayr to take beat a Raith side with no goalkeeper and now it seems fine for Hibs to play
Raith with next to no first team before presumably bringing them back after their wee rest for a Home finale against St Mirren.

59009e406c8b7_hibsunderstrength.JPG.02a0a8d129d89a4b9bf7dc5166947fcb.JPG

I like Sub Section (I) and I agree there seems to be some stretching of the rules.

Maybe you should send this to the authorities concerned?

This does prove that Lennon is a total fanny.........................

I mean if I was the Chairman of Hibs I would be very unhappy with his public statement to play FRINGE (Fecking Edinburgh) players

Its going to impact gate money.........

Anyway lets write to FIFA as they are always on the straight and narrow:whistle

Let's wait and see how it pans out tonight. I fully expected Lennon to make changes from the team that played Aberdeen at Hampden. If he'd dropped / rested up to five of his starting line-up, then I wouldn't have a problem. If he cannot give the guys on his bench / knocking at the door a start in games like these last three, then when can he do it? Fair do's. IF however, he is being reported accurately, and has given his entire first team time off until Thursday - when a vital to others fixture needs played on the Wednesday, then that's another matter. If he sends out a starting XI of kids from the youth set-up, and guys who never even made the bench at Hampden, then the league need to look at it. They should, if it happens, look at it even if Hibs win tonight. 

Edited by pozbaird

I've put £5 on Raith or Draw at 2/1 and £5 on Raith to win at 5.5/1

So if Raith win I'll get £47.50 back, £37.50 profit
If Raith draw I'll get £15 back, £5 profit
If Hibs win I'll be £10 down but as happy as a pig in shit.

I'm calling this a win/win scenario.

5 minutes ago, div said:

I'd take a draw right now. 0-0 or 1-1... like all previous meetings between them this season.

10 minutes ago, div said:

That's my thinking, win cash or the game goes in our favour.

Less stressful that way.

8 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I'd take a draw right now. 0-0 or 1-1... like all previous meetings between them this season.

I want them to lose because that would mean beating them on Sat would definitely mean no automatic relegation for us.

As long as we are 2pts minimum ahead of both Raith and Ayr come 5pm on Sat night then we can't go straight down.

That would be a big boost ahead of the game in Edinburgh, knowing that absolutely worst case we'd be in the Play-Offs.

14 minutes ago, div said:

I want them to lose because that would mean beating them on Sat would definitely mean no automatic relegation for us.

As long as we are 2pts minimum ahead of both Raith and Ayr come 5pm on Sat night then we can't go straight down.

That would be a big boost ahead of the game in Edinburgh, knowing that absolutely worst case we'd be in the Play-Offs.

I naturally want Raith to lose, but, given the way Hibs may be approaching this, I'd take a draw if someone could guarantee it. Squeaky bum time doesn't cover this.

What other rules are simply there for guidance and not really rules at all?
Not fielding 2 under 21 outfield players in a cup tie perhaps? 

Heard Chic doing his pathetic oh you know what you have to do at the start of the season..and these boys deserve a night off.

You can't predict who will be disinterested at the end of the season and the least you can expect is to compete against the same teams putting out the best team they can in each available game.
That's not just fair to all teams involved, it's the rules!

5900e3d68beac_leaguerules.JPG.fa5a2acce8603b917aa18b7956764b6b.JPG