Playoffs

3 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

Achem, I know whats happening next weekend. emoji41.png

Shull willnae be going. emoji14.png

True 

Going to the Neilston Agricultural Show. 

The wee yin is participating in the Tug of War Competition for her School. 

Easter Road will be too nervewracking anyway, and expensive. 

54 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Brechin please. :rolleyes:

Last time there I think was a cup game and we got through on penalties, with, as I recall, a certain goalkeeper scoring from the spot. :clapping

Brechin have only beaten St. Mirren once...ever!

January 2004 and I had the misfortune to be there.

Goody in the Herald today saying he hopes he doesn't play us: 

“I’d be lying if I said I didn’t want St Mirren to pull away and get themselves to safety,” he admitted. “Because of everything that would go with that, that’s not the final we would hope for were we to get there. It would be quite odd going up against them, I would imagine. But whatever will be, will be.”

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/15255932.The_luck_of_the_Irish__Jim_Goodwin_relaxed_as_Alloa__39_s_rivals_sweat_on_play_off_place/

34 minutes ago, BobbyLavatory said:

Goody in the Herald today saying he hopes he doesn't play us: 

“I’d be lying if I said I didn’t want St Mirren to pull away and get themselves to safety,” he admitted. “Because of everything that would go with that, that’s not the final we would hope for were we to get there. It would be quite odd going up against them, I would imagine. But whatever will be, will be.”

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/15255932.The_luck_of_the_Irish__Jim_Goodwin_relaxed_as_Alloa__39_s_rivals_sweat_on_play_off_place/

Love big Jim, my crystal ball says Jack will move on to bigger things after he gets us into the top league I hope. Big Jim will be back as manager I hope one day. 

Given the topsy turvy season already, it appears likely the play-offs are upcoming. As I understand it, we would play whoever finishes 4th, and if successful, would play the winner of 2nd and 3rd. Could mean a couple of decent gates to supplement the funds for whatever league we are in next season. Ive not been since the Dumbarton game but recent form suggests we could do well against lower league opposition. Fingers crossed we get the rub of the green either next week or in the play-offs.

26 minutes ago, Froggie said:

Given the topsy turvy season already, it appears likely the play-offs are upcoming. As I understand it, we would play whoever finishes 4th, and if successful, would play the winner of 2nd and 3rd. Could mean a couple of decent gates to supplement the funds for whatever league we are in next season. Ive not been since the Dumbarton game but recent form suggests we could do well against lower league opposition. Fingers crossed we get the rub of the green either next week or in the play-offs.

Mr quarter full at it again......

Why would we not beat Hibs?

Thank god ur not in our management team.......... its belief, and confidence that has turned this season around and the fact is we are the best team in the league now.... also Ayr are better than Raith

Edited by DougJamie

2 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Thank god ur not in our management team.......... its believe, and confidence that has turned this season around

Its dropped points against Raith, Falkirk and Dundee Utd that will cost us. Those games all had to be won.

As for management team, your grammar alone would excuse you. I am not being pessimistic, I feel we will lose in Edinburgh and Raith will win at home.

11 minutes ago, Froggie said:c

Its dropped points against Raith, Falkirk and Dundee Utd that will cost us. Those games all had to be won.

As for management team, your grammar alone would excuse you. I am not being pessimistic, I feel we will lose in Edinburgh and Raith will win at home.

Not even getting into this pish..... I have watched a team reborn under Jack, and in a must win we win 5-0. Well next week is must not lose and I believe we can do it...

If the players, the manager and the fans believe and down to the results since we beat Ayr 2-0, the facts back it....

Didn't think I would come on here today and read such negative rubbish  

And Elvis, Ayr are better than Raith, they beat them last time they played them

8 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Have to agree Elvis. We must assume that Raith will win, which means we must take care of business at Easter Road. We need to approach this with a positive mindset and aim to get a win. I don't like the idea of playing for a draw. COYS

Agree with that

TBH, they are both dreadful teams and I do hope they draw, but your right, its still in our hands and so far what a job we have done

9 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Not even getting into this pish..... I have watched a team reborn under Jack, and in a must win we win 5-0. Well next week is must not lose and I believe we can do it...

If the players, the manager and the fans believe and down to the results since we beat Ayr 2-0, the facts back it....

Didn't think I would come on here today and read such negative rubbish  

And Elvis, Ayr are better than Raith, they beat them last time they played them

Ayr, as you say, beat Raith the last time they played them but they also lost and drew with the over the season.

TBH this game could go anyway, both teams are poor.

I have a sneaking suspicion Raith will win but, as Yflab mentions above, we need to, and I believe we will, approach this game with a view to win.

2 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

The Ayr players are still playing for contracts remember. They will be looking to show that they can be part of McCall's team who mount a push for promotion next season. 

Ayr will go all out to win. If they get an early goal we've all seen how Raith's heads can go down. Get a second and who knows? A 5-0 win will save them from automatic relegation. It's very unlikely but as Raith just lost 5-0 on Saturday, it's not unheard of.

I don't expect them to turn it around, but I expect them to kick Raith all over the park and Raith may not be up for the fight. 

11 minutes ago, Drew said:

2-2 between Raith and Ayr is my prediction.

All bets are off for these types of games. Absolutely anything could happen.

Aye, again, end of season games but big stakes although, IMO, only Raith have any real hope.

Raith are 8/13, Ayr 4/1 and the draw 3/1

As it happens I agree with the bookies, Raith favourites for me which leaves our future very much to us.

1 hour ago, Soctty said:

Ayr will go all out to win. If they get an early goal we've all seen how Raith's heads can go down. Get a second and who knows? A 5-0 win will save them from automatic relegation. It's very unlikely but as Raith just lost 5-0 on Saturday, it's not unheard of.

I don't expect them to turn it around, but I expect them to kick Raith all over the park and Raith may not be up for the fight. 

Yes, but to a far superior team. :thumbs2 

Just now, pod said:

Yes, but to a far superior team. :thumbs2 

Oh of course, but after Hughes motivational speaking demonstration, they will be a shadow of the side we humiliated, whereas Ayr have Ian McCall to motiva...

Ah shit...

3 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Oh of course, but after Hughes motivational speaking demonstration, they will be a shadow of the side we humiliated, whereas Ayr have Ian McCall to motiva...

Ah shit...

Exactly

Some people on here are thinking that Raith will win this, here's why they wont

They are on an appalling run of form... Lost last 10 games away,

Home is not much better, played a tired us on their ropey pitch and we still outplayed them, they beat United on a terrible run....

Dumbarton beat them 4-0, us 5-0 

Raith are the weakest link, if they hadn't had a brill start they would have been relegated 3 weeks ago...........

4-1 Ayr....... and Raith to scrape thru the play offs and 12 points for us next season

Plus Hughes has no intention of staying

Next subject!!!

10 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Some people on here are thinking that Raith will win this, here's why they wont

They are on an appalling run of form... Lost last 10 games away,

Home is not much better, played a tired us on their ropey pitch and we still outplayed them, they beat United on a terrible run....

Dumbarton beat them 4-0, us 5-0 

Raith are the weakest link, if they hadn't had a brill start they would have been relegated 3 weeks ago...........

4-1 Ayr....... and Raith to scrape thru the play offs and 12 points for us next season

Plus Hughes has no intention of staying

Next subject!!!

TBH you're as good at predictions as Shull. :lol:

Next subject. :rolleyes:

ETA Raith have not lost in any of their last 5 home games, winning 3 and drawing 2. :blink:

Edited by faraway saint

28 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

TBH you're as good at predictions as Shull. :lol:

Next subject. :rolleyes:

ETA Raith have not lost in any of their last 5 home games, winning 3 and drawing 2. :blink:

FAS will u stop mere facts clouding my predictions:whistle

Edited by DougJamie

5 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Thank god ur not in our management team.......... its belief, and confidence that has turned this season around and the fact is we are the best team in the league now.... also Ayr are better than Raith

Stats can be a bu55er.

Form team over the last 10 games is Hibs

form table.jpg