Save Smisa

Lord Pityme

1 hour ago, Doakes said:

Are the minutes being emailed out? It's not a small amount of money we're all paying.. (especially over 10 years) 

Would like to read them for the sake of transparency 

Minutes and actions should be made available, that's only right and proper.
Unless there are confidential or sensitive issues - these should be set aside.

1 minute ago, Vambo57 said:

You have stated you are connected to the \Club and the SMISA committee.  How can that be unless...

Yes I am...
I am a member of SMiSA with a direct connection to the committee as have all members.
I am not on the board as previously stated, I'm a member.
I am a season ticket holder and lifelong supporter of St Mirren FC.
I am now an extremely minor and proud shareholder in the club.

How that is relevant and what business it is of anyone apart from me, I'm not so sure.

How can that be unless; what?

1 hour ago, garzo said:

Yes I am...
I am a member of SMiSA with a direct connection to the committee as have all members.
I am not on the board as previously stated, I'm a member.
I am a season ticket holder and lifelong supporter of St Mirren FC.
I am now an extremely minor and proud shareholder in the club.

How that is relevant and what business it is of anyone apart from me, I'm not so sure.

How can that be unless; what?

hahahahahahahaha

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

This thread seems to be going the same as the meeting.

It seems to be going the same as the 10000hours threads. Sniping, agendas, bitterness, in-fighting, fan-on-fan arguing... the works.

5 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

It seems to be going the same as the 10000hours threads. Sniping, agendas, bitterness, in-fighting, fan-on-fan arguing... the works.

Disappointed if I've contributed to this in tone. Not my intention. 

Best to withdraw I think. 

TTFN

Just now, garzo said:

Disappointed if I've contributed to this in tone. Not my intention. 

Best to withdraw I think. 

TTFN

I wasn't trying to have a go at any individual, just the overall vibe - which is, in my view, now the same vibe as many of the 10000hours threads. Anyway, unless you've been accused of being a miscreant, then you're safe Garzo.

Yee-hah... saddle up and send for Yul...FFS.

34 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

All we need is a Dicko to crank up the trolling. Or is he already here ? <_<

Wonder if all Sunderland fans are like him ? :whistle

Don't know or care if Dickson is on here, but he's sure as hell doing a good job on the feeshal' forum of being a one-man wrecking ball of unbelievable bawbag proportions. Beginning to think the guy genuinely has some sort of attention-seeking disorder.

Guest TPAFKATS
Don't know or care if Dickson is on here, but he's sure as hell doing a good job on the feeshal' forum of being a one-man wrecking ball of unbelievable bawbag proportions. Beginning to think the guy genuinely has some sort of attention-seeking disorder.

Beginning???
[emoji3]

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

I wasn't trying to have a go at any individual, just the overall vibe - which is, in my view, now the same vibe as many of the 10000hours threads. Anyway, unless you've been accused of being a miscreant, then you're safe Garzo.

Yee-hah... saddle up and send for Yul...FFS.

Alas, there is constant snipping etc because we hear heehaw from those with the knowledge and people are guessing and second guessing what has / is actually going on.

One of smisa's objects are to operate democratically, fairly, sustainably, transparently and with financial responsibility and encouraging the Club to do the same.

A few of these points appear to be being blithely ignored and the members are essentially being told to acquiesce, just cough up your hard earned money and let us get on with things - if we tell you something, your place is not to question but to simply accept. The reason why their was a crap turnout to the AGM was because the great mass of the members do not know what is going on and are not getting an opportunity to know what is getting on.

1 hour ago, Yflab said:

Is LPM not Yul in disguise. I'm sure he had it in for REA. Or maybe that was a different alias Somner9.

Oh defo had it in for that charlatan, but i aint/wisnae Yul. Previously Somner9 before the bully boys convinced me to leave the forum.

30 minutes ago, slapsalmon said:

Was the story not going round at the time that yul was George Adam? I thoufht LPM was animal?

Had heard that rumour about Yul, i am certainly not Animal. 

You know you can just ask me directly if you want the skinny.

19 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Oh defo had it in for that charlatan, but i aint/wisnae Yul. Previously Somner9 before the bully boys convinced me to leave the forum.

Had heard that rumour about Yul, i am certainly not Animal. 

You know you can just ask me directly if you want the skinny.

If im honest im not that bothered. Somner9 does ring a bell now. Theres that many reincarnatiins its hard to keep track haha.

I'm glad LPM is here to save not only SMiSA but the club as a whole.

All the good vibes of last summer when we rallied round to buy the club, and all the feel good factor of the resurgence of the team under Jack Ross has been completely undone for me because SMiSA lent the club a few grand to fix the undersoil heating.

Now I hear they don't have separate bank accounts for the discretionary funds to go in.  I'm absolutely affronted.

A shite state of affairs as they say.

Let us know when you've got to the bottom of it all Tony, I'm struggling to sleep at night for worrying about it all.

Haven't read through this thread, but I take it is the case that if we have loaned £15k to the club for USH repairs, and have a rolling facility to loan the club 50k for contingencies and emergencies? If we at present own 28% of the shares and are in process of buying the remainder, then in fact we are lending the money to ourselves, no? You could be critical of the fact that we do not at present own the remainder of the shares, but surely it is sensible to try and protect and nurture the asset you are buying, rather than risk potential problems which may lead to unknown damage or loss of control of the club in the future.

As an after-thought, I presume the £15k would be considered within the £50k rolling facility? i.e. they wouldn't loan out more than £50k at any one time? Also, was there not that amount in the SMISA coffers before the buyout started?

Edited by sally02

9 hours ago, div said:

I'm glad LPM is here to save not only SMiSA but the club as a whole.

All the good vibes of last summer when we rallied round to buy the club, and all the feel good factor of the resurgence of the team under Jack Ross has been completely undone for me because SMiSA lent the club a few grand to fix the undersoil heating.

Now I hear they don't have separate bank accounts for the discretionary funds to go in.  I'm absolutely affronted.

A shite state of affairs as they say.

Let us know when you've got to the bottom of it all Tony, I'm struggling to sleep at night for worrying about it all.

Ah the usual abuse and name calling, that'll unite saints fans and solve all the issues I am sure.

Try debating, or ignoring you never know you might get the hang of it.

Ah the usual abuse and name calling, that'll unite saints fans and solve all the issues I am sure.
Try debating, or ignoring you never know you might get the hang of it.

Care to show me where there is either abuse or name calling in that post?

Not like you to make stuff up.

7 minutes ago, sally02 said:

Haven't read through this thread, but I take it is the case that if we have loaned £15k to the club for USH repairs, and have a rolling facility to loan the club 50k for contingencies and emergencies? If we at present own 28% of the shares and are in process of buying the remainder, then in fact we are lending the money to ourselves, no? You could be critical of the fact that we do not at present own the remainder of the shares, but surely it is sensible to try and protect and nurture the asset you are buying, rather than risk potential problems which may lead to unknown damage or loss of control of the club in the future.

As an after-thought, I presume the £15k would be considered within the £50k rolling facility? i.e. they wouldn't loan out more than £50k at any one time? Also, was there not that amount in the SMISA coffers before the buyout started?

The issue is not specifically the loan/ revolving credit facility, but rather breaking the constitution and governing legislation by not giving the members their rightful say on both issues.

add to that these arragements are unsecured, have no real interest attached and may even cost smisa to administer.

any money in smisa funds before the buyout was added to the premium members subscriptions to pay the selling consortium and the lawyers at purchase.

add to that the USH is apparently fixed, just not fixed enough for winter!