Save Smisa

Lord Pityme

41 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

You mean a board made of the same people who are failing to properly consult the SMISA membership?

Cannae wait

An ex forumster (who folk don't like to talk about but know what he's up to on the official forum) got absolutely caned when he suggested something similar a few months back.

As a SMISA member who cannot make the AGM, am I allowed a proxy to attend in my place?

Edited by Kombibuddie

19 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

An ex forumster (who folk don't like to talk about but know what he's up to on the official forum) got absolutely caned when he suggested something similar a few months back.

As a SMISA member who cannot make the AGM, am I allowed a proxy to attend in my place?

Yeah. Is someone allowed to be a proxy for more than one person?

38 minutes ago, Stu said:

Yeah. Is someone allowed to be a proxy for more than one person?

No idea but it is from SMISA that I got the idea. I had offered my proxy vote to SMISA for the last St Mirren AGM and would be doing so for future AGM's

Yes...

If any member is unable to attend the meeting, they can nominate a proxy vote to another person. To register for a proxy please email [email protected] no later than Thursday 27 April, stating your name and the person you wish to attend and vote on your behalf.

...though you only have just under 2 hours to register the proxy.

It's topics like these that sadly give fan ownership a bad name. The sneaky politics, rumours and allegations leave me utterly cold when I think that in a few years time the fans will own the whole club and be in charge of appointing and trusting a full board of directors to run the club. Hopefully the AGM on Saturday will see all this sorted out. 

I'll be honest, compared to MYFC & Ebbsfleet it's actually not been that bad. Ten years or less should see things develop, certainly now if you have an issue you can "get in the room". A very good example being Josh and the drum where discussion at least got a result. The AGM should see a lot sorted out, certainly now that Gordon is going we can see some good open discussion. 

9 hours ago, TsuMirren said:

I'll be honest, compared to MYFC & Ebbsfleet it's actually not been that bad. Ten years or less should see things develop, certainly now if you have an issue you can "get in the room". A very good example being Josh and the drum where discussion at least got a result. The AGM should see a lot sorted out, certainly now that Gordon is going we can see some good open discussion. 

I agree, but it also shows how difficult it can be at times and lessons can, and should, be learned.

You'll also know you'll never keep all of the people happy all of the time. :wink:

I agree, but it also shows how difficult it can be at times and lessons can, and should, be learned.
You'll also know you'll never keep all of the people happy all of the time. :wink:

I had the Ebbsfleet United Vice-Chairman demanding I was removed from post and the founder of MYFC trying to exclude me from standing in elections. So, yes, fully aware you can't keep everyone happy. Haha

10 hours ago, TsuMirren said:

Its only an observation, but since the chairman and majority shareholder in SMFC has decided he is organising the Smisa AGM, does that mean as 29% shareholders in SMFC all our membership will get the full info, option to attend and be able to vote at the SMFC agm?

looks like the last semblance of 'Independent' supporters association just left the building

Its only an observation, but since the chairman and majority shareholder in SMFC has decided he is organising the Smisa AGM, does that mean as 29% shareholders in SMFC all our membership will get the full info, option to attend and be able to vote at the SMFC agm?
looks like the last semblance of 'Independent' supporters association just left the building

????? He's attending the AGM Tony, he hasn't organised it. I've heard you, heck watched you, demand more or better communication and attendance at or arrangement of meetings by people at the club. In some cases I agreed, in other cases I felt we didn't have enough to go to them with. That aside, the Chairman agrees to attend the AGM, which by the way should better facilitate answers to your queries or give others confidence, and still there's a complaint. This is exactly what you've demanding, more club involvement.

I've often felt SMISA was independent of other supporters associations, whilst also independent of the club. The independent of the club part is going to be worn away though, we are looking to own the club.

9 minutes ago, TsuMirren said:

????? He's attending the AGM Tony, he hasn't organised it. I've heard you, heck watched you, demand more or better communication and attendance at or arrangement of meetings by people at the club. In some cases I agreed, in other cases I felt we didn't have enough to go to them with. That aside, the Chairman agrees to attend the AGM, which by the way should better facilitate answers to your queries or give others confidence, and still there's a complaint. This is exactly what you've demanding, more club involvement.

I've often felt SMISA was independent of other supporters associations, whilst also independent of the club. The independent of the club part is going to be worn away though, we are looking to own the club.

I have never called for the club chairman to attend Smisa agm. Yes you have seen me demand the club should work with smisa not just when they want money, but when smisa need their involvement and support too.

you will also have witnessed a six month and still counting request for that very involvement and support ffom the club during negotiations to secure a funding source for smisa. I am still waiting for a response despite following to the letter the process the club set out. Kenny the club are always available when they want something, but are conspicous by their absence when it comes to returning the favour.

thanks for confirming on behalf of the committee you are looking to drop the 'Independent' from Smisa, at least its an honest and open declaration.

11 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

thanks for confirming on behalf of the committee you are looking to drop the 'Independent' from Smisa, at least its an honest and open declaration.

That has always been the honest and openly declared goal of Buy The Buds!

which Tsu Mirren simply reiterated.

Did you miss that over the past year or so?  Did you no think your contributions were so that fans would no longer be independent supporters but owners instead?

Come on, LPM...

there's an enquiring mind and then there's shit-stirring....

I should probably just send my posts for you to complete in the future. Save everyone viewing my draft and your subsequent interpretation/invention of what I meant. I'm looking to work with the club, quite frankly as simple as that.

Even when they own the club, SMISA would be independent of other supporters groups. Maybe they should have been called SMISAPIOTCT, although Plus Independent Of The Club Too is pretty obvious until they own the club.

Just now, antrin said:

That has always been the honest and openly declared goal of Buy The Buds!

which Tsu Mirren simply reiterated.

Did you miss that over the past year or so?  Did you no think your contributions were so that fans would no longer be independent supporters but owners instead?

Come on, LPM...

there's an enquiring mind and then there's shit-stirring....

Really?

for me, and also because its written into the constitution Smisa is and even when its members are the majority shareholders should remain "independent" of the club.

As is now a management team will be appointed to "Run" the club, smisa members will own the club, but crucially their independence will provide necessary checks & balances to ensure the club is run in a proper manner, for the benefit of the community, supporters and members.

At the moment the club wish to exert their infuence over smisa, which has already resulted in the committee breaching both the constitution and governing legislation by failing to properly inform & consult the membership over the £12k USH loan. And that influence is being exerted again to breach both constitution and legislation to get another £50k loan through without properly informing and consulting the membership, i.e. The people whose money it is..!

dont you think we need our independence to ensure as members the proper checks & balances are in place? Or shall we wait until an event flags up that smisa may not be able to meet its financial commitments?

11 minutes ago, TsuMirren said:

I should probably just send my posts for you to complete in the future. Save everyone viewing my draft and your subsequent interpretation/invention of what I meant. I'm looking to work with the club, quite frankly as simple as that.

Even when they own the club, SMISA would be independent of other supporters groups. Maybe they should have been called SMISAPIOTCT, although Plus Independent Of The Club Too is pretty obvious until they own the club.

Lost me with that one Kenny, I had to leave a trail of breadcrumbs to find my way back out of that post.

6 minutes ago, antrin said:

Yup!

Will you comment on my response?

i want a stronger, independent smida that takes everyone along with it, I dont want wrong, avoidable decisions to result in membership drop off. If loaning the club £50k is the right thing to do then i fully trust the membership to vote to approve that, if they get all the information to consider.

is that your definition of shit-stirring? One member, one vote?

My definition of shit-stirring is to take someone's comment about inevitably moving from Independence to owning the club and you twisting that to allege he meant SMISA would be rolling over to be tickled on the tummy by some Baddies.

But you know that.

4 minutes ago, antrin said:

My definition of shit-stirring is to take someone's comment about inevitably moving from Independence to owning the club and you twisting that to allege he meant SMISA would be rolling over to be tickled on the tummy by some Baddies.

But you know that.

Thats your take, mine was to genuinely praise Kenny for his honesty in how he believed Smisa should be.

smisa have broken, and intend to do so again the constitution and governing legislation at the request of the club. We the membership need to check this before it gets serious (FCA investigation, loss of credibility, membership drop off etc). Thats where I am coming from.

Beginning to feel a broken record here. It's disappointing that smisa's own Sean Spicer (sorry Kenny) has no real cognisance that smisa may have entered into certain contracts when they had no power to do so, having the AGM to 'clear things up' is too late, the fecking horse is half way down causeyside street.

4 hours ago, melmac said:

Beginning to feel a broken record here. It's disappointing that smisa's own Sean Spicer (sorry Kenny) has no real cognisance that smisa may have entered into certain contracts when they had no power to do so, having the AGM to 'clear things up' is too late, the fecking horse is half way down causeyside street.

Turn the off switch then.

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Can anyone tell me the easiest way to get to the library on the UWS campus? Had been going to go from the High Street end but if the library's nearer the bottom I'll go a different way!

It's at the bottom of the hill on storie street as you come down from high street, over on the right at the bend in the road. It can also be accessed from the other end of storie street off george street - where parking is free.