New Strip Unveiled...... back in '79

Well I'll be Damned !

I actually asked Captain Sensible about this on his Facebook page a while ago and he reckoned he got given it by a Damned fan at a Glasgow gig roundabout then and wore it coz it looked pretty punk. He's got family in Glasgow on his father's side and confesses to being a mild Celtic fan like his dad was, albeit he was raised in Croydon and is an avid Crystal Palace attendee..  Incidentally I'm a huge The Damned fan too, seen them countless times over the years, still going strong and a new album in the pipeline. Captain regularly wears what I would call 'the new St Mirren away strip' a red and black striped t-shirt on stage these days. The above photo was from a series of publicity shots taken around the release of their seminal album 'Machine Gun Etiquette' I have a full page rear cover album advert shot from Sounds magazine of Captain Sensible wearing this strip, framed on my wall just now.

1 hour ago, FS said:

Well I'll be Damned !

I actually asked Captain Sensible about this on his Facebook page a while ago and he reckoned he got given it by a Damned fan at a Glasgow gig roundabout then and wore it coz it looked pretty punk. He's got family in Glasgow on his father's side and confesses to being a mild Celtic fan like his dad was, albeit he was raised in Croydon and is an avid Crystal Palace attendee..  Incidentally I'm a huge The Damned fan too, seen them countless times over the years, still going strong and a new album in the pipeline. Captain regularly wears what I would call 'the new St Mirren away strip' a red and black striped t-shirt on stage these days. The above photo was from a series of publicity shots taken around the release of their seminal album 'Machine Gun Etiquette' I have a full page rear cover album advert shot from Sounds magazine of Captain Sensible wearing this strip, framed on my wall just now.

Looks like Rat was first to the buffet in those days?

saw them many atime too, I remember a chaotic gig at Queen Margaret Union the week they released Love Song as a single.

Well I'll be Damned !

Had that for years, too, think it got binned by my folks when I went to work in England.

Scan would be good if you could manage it, FS.

• 3 years later...
5 hours ago, eastlandssaint said:

r/imagesofthe1970s - Promo image of The Damned, Oct 1979

My brother who is a massive Damned fan once met Captain Sensible after a gig and asked him about the reason for the Saints top - he said he had family in the Paisley area who gave him it. 

I think he is a Crystal Palace fan.

3 hours ago, munoz said:

My brother who is a massive Damned fan once met Captain Sensible after a gig and asked him about the reason for the Saints top - he said he had family in the Paisley area who gave him it. 

I think he is a Crystal Palace fan.

Nah...

1 minute ago, Cookie Monster said:

So, does calling someone keyboard warrior mean you're a keyboard warrior? emoji23.png

Defo....Sure there isxa difference though from being called a Fud..would mighty munoz do that outside?