Sporting integrity my arse

This is my scenario for Saturday. We beat Raith, Hibs beat Ayr, Arabs beat Dumbarton, and, as I am sitting on my favourite armchair, basking in the football results, Kylie chaps on my front door, asking for a bed for the night as she has lost all her clothes in a freak yachting accident. To be honest, the last thing is more likely than the football results going our way.

12 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

It's all up to us now - survival is fully back in our own hands.

For a bit of insurance I'm hoping Ayr get a draw against Hibs and we beat Raith. That gives Ayr a shot at Raith on their final day showdown without being able to catch us.

Why not loss to them.

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

And is so stupid he gets upset when he gets abuse. :lol:

Some say he's on the wind up, I doubt he's even close to being that bright.  :1eye

I love that his reason for constant pessimistic outpourings is that he's been there and seen it all down the years watching St Mirren meaning that he can only prepare for the worst.  

Aye, so have we all!!! I think I'd chuck it if supporting my team grinded my outlook down so consistently. We all have spells of pessimism which is fair enough but come on Elvis. 

Just now, djchapsticks said:

I love that his reason for constant pessimistic outpourings is that he's been there and seen it all down the years watching St Mirren meaning that he can only prepare for the worst.  

Aye, so have we all!!! I think I'd chuck it if supporting my team grinded my outlook down so consistently. We all have spells of pessimism which is fair enough but come on Elvis. 

Aye, a strange individual, not sure, apart from being a bit dim, what exactly he gets from his steady stream of guff?

Hilarious when he gets upset. :lol:

Why not loss to them.

If Ayr lose to Hibs they can only catch Raith with an unlikely goal difference turn around but if they get a point they will be able to overhaul Raith by beating them. A draw also means they can't catch us so no different from a defeat as far as we are concerned.

Ayr will go for it as they will have a real chance of survival and Raith may make a mess of it if they try to hold out for the draw

4 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

I recall a Renfrewshire Cup final against Morton in the mid-90s at Love St. 

0-0 at HT we made TEN substitutions at the break, bringing on mainly youth players

We won 1-0

That wasn't even the Renfrewshire Cup, it was a pre season friendly in 2002. This game.

I wish the link was still available to the Morton website's match report of the game, which was a hilarious insight into the mind of a downtrodden loser, and was roundly pointed and laughed at back in the day.

E.g. The report's delusions ended with: 'The St Mirren support filed silently out of the stadium, while the *insert exagerrated number* Morton fans stayed behind to cheer their side from the park after outsinging the home fans all day. AND THAT SAID IT ALL.'

Hmmm. Whatever they thought it said, I would suggest it was because one side was having a big day out, and the other was playing a pre season friendly in a lop sided rivalry.

Seeking a positive spin after our  our youths beat thier first team! Losers.

1 hour ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

I would never have thought it was that late but fair enough. It was great to see a load of youngsters come on and beat the soapdodgers.

I remember saying at half time that it was a bit of a pisser because we would never hear the end of it from them after they inevitably beat our young guys in the second half. Then the youths went out and beat them! :lol:

I have to say there is nothing worse than this whiny victim syndrome that us Scots are absolutely famous for.

It completely does my head in.

Blaming Hibs for using their squad is pathetic. End of story.

We are where we are because of how we played earlier in the season.

And we will get out of it on by our own merits because of the way we have played later in the season.

Nobody owes us anything. Period.

Having said that, it was nice to see that result go our way.

43 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I have to say there is nothing worse than this whiny victim syndrome that us Scots are absolutely famous for.

It completely does my head in.

Blaming Hibs for using their squad is pathetic. End of story.

We are where we are because of how we played earlier in the season.

And we will get out of it on by our own merits because of the way we have played later in the season.

Nobody owes us anything. Period.

Having said that, it was nice to see that result go our way.

Close.

Where we are is because of the whole season, breaking it into two is equally pathetic.

Whining is pathetic so stop it. :rolleyes:

I think we'll beat Hibs on the last day.

Teams often underperform on these occasions (title party affairs). Their focus is elsewhere.

Saturday is the big game. The huge, massive, all-encompassing game.

If we fail to do the business on Saturday and go into the final match requiring other results to save our arses, then we deserve what us coming.

To have it in our hands to guarantee survival is something that I would have bitten any number of hands off for in January.

Edited by Drew

16 hours ago, Eaglesham saint said:

Raging about 10changes in Hibs in a game which could decide players future livelihoods 

imagine this of it was a big club ,angry doesn't even cover it

Let's see out our 2 remaining games and we will be so strong a team next season that other teams performance's will have no influence on our future. 

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

If Falkirk secure 2nd on Saturday which seems likely, you will find them most probably resting a whole load of 1st team players v Dumbarton final game with the play-offs in mind.

Didn't do Hibs much harm last night.

15 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

There is a scenario where in the 90th minute at Easter road we could be winning/losing by 1 goal and score/concede a last minute equaliser to finish 8th/finish 9th.

Don't know if I could deal with the stress mind you.

We'll just have to grin and bear it. Better than being already down right now, or already down after Saturday. We've given ourselves every chance - now we have to take it.

As I said yesterday some real whiners on here..... It sounded a great game and obviously for us the right outcome..... Two teams gave 100% .

Wasn't that long ago a certain St Mirren were not giving an arse about results with a manager who took no responsibility or ownership

As much as I am no Lennon fan, they have lost 3 times this season, he is a tit but an arrogant, self absorbed one.....

Feck Sevco ram on about Dons only trying against them............... Is this some on here, paranoia pish

Its in our hands, we win last 2 we are up ...... End of.......................... I don't care who gets relegated as long as its not us

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/championship/neil-lennon-defends-decision-to-make-10-changes-to-hibs-team-1-4430683

This has worked in our favour, why should Lennon give a stuff, his tactics paid off for them and us....................

Surprised at press saying this?

Should be the SFA