That Goal!

8 hours ago, Nigerian Panda said:

I've played the game at all levels and honestly that is the best goal I've ever seen. 

I have solved many mathematics and engineering problems at all levels and honestly that is the best goal I've ever seen.

I would like to hear what others have achieved.

I attempted to write an wee poem about it, but that was the best goal I've ever seen!

Mallan  tackles on the halfway line,

Passes to Morgan whose return is sublime.

The perfect one two, with Rory Loy,

Then a wonderful strike, Oh what joy.

High and wide? For a second it appeared,

But the ball just dipped and Saints’ fans cheered.

Stevie ran to the West stand, and fell to the ground,

McGennis, Irvine and McGinn rallied round.

I’ll never forget, and forever will share,

The fact that I saw it, because I WAS THERE!

Oh wee Stevie.jpg

celebration.jpg

Edited by stlucifer

I would love to see a highlight reel of all the best goals he's scored in the stripes, between the one at Dundee and that on Saturday and then all the free kicks he has scored a crazy amount of great goals in a short amount of time. I googled it and he has 29 goals and 31 assists in 111 appearances which is an amazing return for a 21 year old. I wonder how many of those goals are from outside of the box.

Edited by irvine_buddie

13 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Official website has him on 30 goals. I suspect the reason Google says it's 29 is that knob of a reporter from the Press Association said the 2nd goal v Raith was an OG and apparently whatever he says goes.
Apparently the club can challenge this once they receive the Ref's report.

You're probably right. Always thought the rule was if the shot was going on target and took a deflection, it didn't go down as an OG. Hopefully he'll be given the goal he deserves to get the hat trick officially.

It was an incredible goal, I wondered why he was shooting and thought he'd blootered it over. Even when it hit the net I didn't think he'd scored until the crowd reacted!
Definitely the best goal I've seen at the new ground (I wasn't at the Hearts game where Carey scored his screamer). Most of the ones mentioned on here were great individual strikes but yesterday was fantastic build-up followed by an excellent shot.

Looking back I would say Carey's pips this. He scored it from more of an angle and was probably a little further out.

Not to take anything away from Stevie Mallan.

Take a look at this video on YouTube:

1 hour ago, Dave The Buddie said:

Looking back I would say Carey's pips this. He scored it from more of an angle and was probably a little further out.

Great as it was, and I know it's objective, but I still believe Stevie's just pips it as he builds the move from winning the ball and it's a first time hit. Graham had time to take a touch and look up.

Edited by stlucifer

I had forgotten how good that Carey goal was, and how there was nice build-up play leading to it. I'm going to give the Carey goal 9.8 out of 10, and the Mallan goal 9.9 out of 10. There's a good reason I am not awarding either goal 10 out of 10... that reason is, as a St Mirren supporter, it is my mission in life to never be completely happy about anything, to always find fault in something, to be an over-expectant, hard-to-please, moaning-faced windbag who is quick to criticise, and unless whinging about something, isn't happy about anything.

Hurrumph! :D

8 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I had forgotten how good that Carey goal was, and how there was nice build-up play leading to it. I'm going to give the Carey goal 9.8 out of 10, and the Mallan goal 9.9 out of 10. There's a good reason I am not awarding either goal 10 out of 10... that reason is, as a St Mirren supporter, it is my mission in life to never be completely happy about anything, to always find fault in something, to be an over-expectant, hard-to-please, moaning-faced windbag who is quick to criticise, and unless whinging about something, isn't happy about anything.

Hurrumph! :D

Here was me thinking you were allowing leeway for Mallan's strike,...... NEXT WEEK!

Look at John mcginns wee face.

Cute as a button.

Carey's was great, as a shot from distance. Mallan's is far better because of the up and down movement of the ball, best appreciated from behind the goal or behind Mallan. It was destined to be the 4th ball out of the park for the day, but fell out of the sky into the top corner. Stunning!

27 minutes ago, Hallmark said:

Carey's was great, as a shot from distance. Mallan's is far better because of the up and down movement of the ball, best appreciated from behind the goal or behind Mallan. It was destined to be the 4th ball out of the park for the day, but fell out of the sky into the top corner. Stunning!

Welcome to the forum wee Stevie. :D

5 hours ago, Drew said:

In any event, who is interested in what some hack thinks (whether a former player or not)?

Unfortunately the BBC, Sky and every newspaper take their info from the Press Association rep at the game. All of them, bar the PDE, have McManus OG as the 2nd goal.
In months and years to come, history will show that as the official score sheet and although we all know better, history will last longer than any of us.

Edited by Eric Arthur Blair

5 hours ago, irvine_buddie said:

I wonder how many of those goals are from outside of the box.

9 free kicks

2 penalties

8 outside the box

11 inside the box, including 1 header.

23 in the league

1 in the Scottish Cup

3 in the League Cup

3 in the Challenge Cup

4 v QoS, Raith

3 v Falkirk, Livingston

2 v Hibs, Ross Co, Dunfermline, Morton

1 v Dundee, Motherwell, Dundee Utd, Ayr Utd, Alloa, TNS, Albion Rovers, Spartans.

Hurrumph! [emoji3]

The new pipe fitter then ?

Unfortunately the BBC, Sky and every newspaper take their info from the Press Association rep at the game. All of them, bar the PFE, have McManus OG as the 2nd goal.
In months and years to come, history will show that as the official score sheet and although we all know better, history will last longer than any of us.

All is not lost depending on the ref's report. If he gives it to Mallan then that can override the PA.