Deep Purple query

pozbaird

Long shot I know, but does anyone on the forum own the Deep Purple CDs 'Bananas' and 'Abandon' and could burn me copies? I ignored their output after the 1984 'reunion' album 'Perfect Strangers', but I heard their new one this week 'Infinite', and it was surprisingly good. I went into iTunes and surfed through all their post-Perfect Strangers output, downloading maybe three or four excellent songs from each album released after 1984 that had until now been off my radar. The two albums I mentioned aren't on iTunes though, and seem difficult to find. I own all the 'classic' MkII and MkIII Purple albums, plus the Tommy Bolin era 'Come Taste the Band' album, and am looking to get hold of these two missing link albums.

All costs and postage covered. You never know, someone might have them. Can't hurt to ask!

Edited by pozbaird

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Long shot I know, but does anyone on the forum own the Deep Purple CDs 'Bananas' and 'Abandon' and could burn me copies? I ignored their output after the 1984 'reunion' album 'Perfect Strangers', but I heard their new one this week 'Infinite', and it was surprisingly good. I went into iTunes and surfed through all their post-Perfect Strangers output, downloading maybe three or four excellent songs from each album released after 1984 that had until now been off my radar. The two albums I mentioned aren't on iTunes though, and seem difficult to find. I own all the 'classic' MkII and MkIII Purple albums, plus the Tommy Bolin era 'Come Taste the Band' album, and am looking to get hold of these two missing link albums.

All costs and postage covered. You never know, someone might have them. Can't hurt to ask!

If you don't get any response let me know, I could try to look for them on my download site.

£50 each acceptable? :)

Edited by faraway saint

I'm now fixed up with the two missing links in my Deep Purple listening life...

Can I take this opportunity to thank everyone who posted, contributed, offered suggestions, posted links, and sent PMs. This forum can be a weird place at times. I've frequented it for years, and at the heart of it are fellow Buddies. Buddies who can, and do, help each other out - even with searching for 1990s albums from hard rock legends. We help each other with all sorts - advice on good music, pubs to visit on away days, you name it. This forum is a good place.

COYS.