Tory Wins Ferguslie

Indeed. The Tories are Brexit, nationalist extremists.
SNP, UKIP, English Tories, French National Front, Trump.
All one and the same thing.
My vote for the Tories in Scotland is for one thing only - to keep Scotland's place in the UK.
I voted Remain and I voted No. Totally consistent.

So you don't want anything to do with English Tories but you insist that we're better staying in a country governed by English Tories.

And people wonder why he's been named

#thichasfcuk

Guest TPAFKATS

Lots of folk in both Scotland and England saying they were voting tory due to a dislike of either Corbyn or labour at a national level.
It's a local election which should be voted for based on candidates and their proposed actions to serve you and your community on the cooncil.
Absolute wallopers

Guest TPAFKATS
Its a barometer of UK and Scottish voting. Not policy.
As you said. Thick as...
:1eye

A barometer of UK and Scottish voting using a voting system that isn't used in either.
You should be a politician

Lots of folk in both Scotland and England saying they were voting tory due to a dislike of either Corbyn or labour at a national level.
It's a local election which should be voted for based on candidates and their proposed actions to serve you and your community on the cooncil.
Absolute wallopers

Yep. Agree. I voted for an SNP candidate in Grangemouth as she said she wanted to make the bin collections every 14 days instead of every 28 days. I wouldn't vote SNP in any other election.

15 minutes ago, mcdowell76 said:

Indeed. The Tories are Brexit, nationalist extremists.

SNP, UKIP, English Tories, French National Front, Trump.

All one and the same thing.

My vote for the Tories in Scotland is for one thing only - to keep Scotland's place in the UK.

I voted Remain and I voted No. Totally consistent.

Eh !!!!!!!!

So you are not a Tory voter and they are Brexit nationalist Extremists but the Scottish Tories are not - a separate party up here now, I must have missed that. Or are you saying your Tory vote is basically tactical or a protest against the SNP. I had you down as a staunch Tory but here it's all just anti SNP rather than pro Tory. So is your "bi g team" Labour ???

14 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

A few folk on here spanking their load about council elections being a barometer of both UK and Scottish parliamentary policy.
Thick as...

Don't kid yourself

The old Labour voters have turned Tory they want to stay British

This should be a wake up call for Sturgeon this country doesn't want Indy 2

She should be standing up for Scotland in the Union against the Tories

The Tories have never given us the time of day and despise us and that will never change

4 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Absolute wallopers

I doubt the ham and eggs even know the person they elected

The same token i doubt he's even set foot in Feegie lol

Guest TPAFKATS

Despite the Tory gains, they don't have control of any councils at the moment. There are a number with no outright control meaning either a coalition or minority administration.
Nicola Sturgeon has stated that snp won't enter into coalition with Tories.
Looks like labour will have a choice in a few councils of whether to go into coalition with the SNP or the Tories.
Given how things have went for them over the last 5 years, you'd imagine they'd stay away from getting into bed with the Tories.

Somehow I doubt it though...

19 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Absolute wallopers

Calm down FFS and start engaging your brain.

Outside national concerns like Brexit and Indyref2 can possibly explain the scale of this Tory upswing across the entire UK?

People vote for all sorts of reasons. Labour voters appear to have gone Tory and so do some SNP voters as well. National and local issues always get mixed together at elections.

Calling people "wallopers" for expressing their democratic right is hardly helpful is it?

Edited by oaksoft

9 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Despite the Tory gains, they don't have control of any councils at the moment. There are a number with no outright control meaning either a coalition or minority administration.
Nicola Sturgeon has stated that snp won't enter into coalition with Tories.
Looks like labour will have a choice in a few councils of whether to go into coalition with the SNP or the Tories.
Given how things have went for them over the last 5 years, you'd imagine they'd stay away from getting into bed with the Tories.

Somehow I doubt it though...

Certain that Labour with just 5 seats will be in coalition with the Tories in Ayr. They went from 9 seats to 5 on the back of them propping up the Tories last time but they clearly are not listening to the electorate or have no shame (probably both).

Guest TPAFKATS
Calm down FFS and start engaging your brain.
Outside national concerns like Brexit and Indyref2 can possibly explain the scale of this Tory upswing across the entire UK?
People vote for all sorts of reasons. Labour voters appear to have gone Tory and so do some SNP voters as well. National and local issues always get mixed together at elections.
Calling people "wallopers" for expressing their democratic right is hardly helpful is it?

It's a bit more complex than that due to the STV system.
Oh, and I'll take no lectures from someone who regularly calls folk he doesn't know on here uneducated.

Guest TPAFKATS
Don't kid yourself
The old Labour voters have turned Tory they want to stay British
This should be a wake up call for Sturgeon this country doesn't want Indy 2
She should be standing up for Scotland in the Union against the Tories
The Tories have never given us the time of day and despise us and that will never change

Failing to stand up to the Tories is something I've never heard sturgeon be accused of before.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Can you, or anybody else, prove no Rangers supporters vote for the SNP?

I know for a fact that the orange order (no capitals required) "advise" their members not to vote SNP.Obviously,as I'm not a member of the organisation,I can't prove it.

Our Country would be Independent if it wasn't for the oo. 

Just now, TPAFKATS said:

Failing to stand up to the Tories is something I've never heard sturgeon be accused of before.

She determined to push through another Indy which the country hasn't the stomach for

She and the party should bide their time as Labour are finished well done Gordon Brown

The Tories will have a free hand wait for the mess they will create in this country 

They will get their wish if she is patient

15 minutes ago, HSS said:

I know for a fact that the orange order (no capitals required) "advise" their members not to vote SNP.Obviously,as I'm not a member of the organisation,I can't prove it.

Our Country would be Independent if it wasn't for the oo. 

Oh, ok, so the Rangers support vote is considered shit?

What about the Celtic support vote? Is it considered ok as, I'm assuming, vote for the SNP?

This is more about ANYBODY not supporting the SNP is bad.

As Oaky mentioned, people, what ever the reason, are entitled to vote and it's as valid as anybody.

Bringing any part of the OF support into the "debate" is nonsense.

Oh, what about Hibs & Hearts supporters, remembering they are a smaller version of the OF, does their vote count?

Edited by faraway saint

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when all the labour voters that vote for the Tories in the forthcoming GE realise the enormity of what they've done, once the brexit negotiations take place.

Labour's failure to appoint a semi-competent leader will go down in history as the mother of all f**k ups.

Guest TPAFKATS
I'd love to be a fly on the wall when all the labour voters that vote for the Tories in the forthcoming GE realise the enormity of what they've done, once the brexit negotiations take place.
Labour's failure to appoint a semi-competent leader will go down in history as the mother of all f**k ups.

What about labour's failure to support their leader?