Where Will We Finish Next Season ?

Just now, Kemp said:

Depends who comes down and if the arabs go up, but ill be putting 50 quid on 1st.  Hope the bookies give 20/1 again like 2000.

I want the Arabs to stay down. Administration and a walloping points penalty... tasty.

Under a Tory government? :rolleyes:

TBH who the hell could say with any authority, although plenty will try.

Our current squad would have a very good chance but how many will we have at the start of next season?

Still, a nicer problem than thinking about play offs or, even worse, an even diddier league.

We will be in a better place to judge this after we find out who JR will be losing from the current squad and who he will bring in.

If we keep majority of the current squad and Dundee Utd go up we could easily challenge the likes of Falkirk for the league.

I will happily take the promotion playoffs no matter what

Guest TPAFKATS

Langfield, Webster, Clarkson, Hutton off the playing wage bill would clear up some squad building funds.
Hopefully keep Mallan and Morgan, but it's doubtful.
Top 4 hopefully

Apologies for interrupting your discussion, but as a Hibs fan I just wanted to say that the St Mirren team and fans were a class act today. Apart from not getting a stonewall penalty that you should have got early on, for parts of the game you were excellent and matched us comfortably. The least you deserved was a draw out of that. God knows how you were fighting it out for playoff places at the bottom of the Championship when you play like that. As for the fans, I know I can speak for a lot of Hibs fans when I say that's the best away support at any game at ER this season, right behind your team the whole game. Hope you noticed that your players got applause from our fans too after the game. Well done, and I fully expect St Mirren to be pushing for promotion next season if they continue the form they've been in recently.

27 minutes ago, ekhibee said:

Apologies for interrupting your discussion, but as a Hibs fan I just wanted to say that the St Mirren team and fans were a class act today. Apart from not getting a stonewall penalty that you should have got early on, for parts of the game you were excellent and matched us comfortably. The least you deserved was a draw out of that. God knows how you were fighting it out for playoff places at the bottom of the Championship when you play like that. As for the fans, I know I can speak for a lot of Hibs fans when I say that's the best away support at any game at ER this season, right behind your team the whole game. Hope you noticed that your players got applause from our fans too after the game. Well done, and I fully expect St Mirren to be pushing for promotion next season if they continue the form they've been in recently.

Cheers mate, had a conversation with a HIBS fan on facebook on way home from game and he said pretty much the same as you.

Noticed the reception you gave our players that's the way football should be respect for fans and players.

Best of luck in SPL next season top 6 no problem I think.

19 hours ago, ekhibee said:

Firstly. I hope your team make a decent fist of it next term.

As for WHY we were at the wrong end of the Championship. We weren't. We were where we deserved to be at the time. The team you witnessed was far removed from the one that got us into the mire. We perhaps had more than a few of the same personnel but some were playing in the wrong position and others were lacking in confidence. Once Jack got rid of the deadwood and brought in "Captain Marvel", (The better McGinnm ;) ), the team started to play with heart and pace. Night and day.

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 6:23 PM, Dave The Buddie said:

We will be in a better place to judge this after we find out who JR will be losing from the current squad and who he will bring in.

If we keep majority of the current squad and Dundee Utd go up we could easily challenge the likes of Falkirk for the league.

I will happily take the promotion playoffs no matter what

Falkirk were our main rivals for the last 14 games. We only trumped them on goal difference.

Anything better than this season will do me think its pushing it a bit thinking we will win the league We don't even know whos going or coming if we lose Mallan and Morgan that's a massive part of this team and will be very difficult to replace But I have every faith in  Jack Ross so looking forward to see what transpires over the coming months .