View From Cairters Corner

Agreed, this is on point in every respect.

Personally, I feel SMiSA are absolutely complicit in everything that happened at board level and will have at no point tried to represent the fans views - which should have been that for the Board to pursue that action in removing Kearney etc, then it would have a huge knock on effect on the team and recruitment. It's a complete failure.   

3 minutes ago, melmac said:

Personally, I feel SMiSA are absolutely complicit in everything that happened at board level and will have at no point tried to represent the fans views - which should have been that for the Board to pursue that action in removing Kearney etc, then it would have a huge knock on effect on the team and recruitment. It's a complete failure.   

This.. plus!

i can tell you from experience the Smisa committee vote for and do Scott's bidding, and should a vote not have the numbers to carry in Scott's favour they simply keep talking down anyone on the committee who has voted against until enough capitulate to allow a majority in favour. They never have those endless attempts at grinding down opposition if the majority back what Scott tells them.

it has been an unhealthy relationship for smisa and ultimately the club from the first conversations between Scott & the Smisa committee. Actually i should qualify that! Between Scott and the required few who form a majority on the Smisa committee!

the outgoing board would not do a deal with Scott on his own, as they rightly worried where he was going with the club, he had to get fan involvement and turned to smisa who at the time had so few active members, and a majority paying in £2 a month. So the plan was hatched to boost numbers with the BtB campaign.

the members of the Smisa committee who Gordon sought out decided only they should be party to the negotiations on the deal with the club & Scott, plus the separate deal just with Scott. In a bungled, late notified meeting that the majority of the committee weren't actually at! Scott's team smisa rushed through votes on two documents that no one got more than minutes to read, never mind consider and challenge on the threat of "if you dont back this now BtB is off, and you'll have let 1300 Buds down'

this sealed Scott's control of smisa, indeed even before the 1300 buds had been signed up Scott had done the maths on how much subs would be coming in, over what period, and when paymemts needed to be made to the outgoing board, and himself and repeated several times that the funds smisa would have ringfenced to buy his shares would be "just sitting around doing nothing". 

As we know he made damn sure that ringfence came down, and then some. The Smisa committee cannot oppose, or seperate themselves from Scott now, no matter how badly he continues to mismanage the club! He's got them by the short & curlies and knows where the bodies are buried. If they tried to oppose him now he'd drop them in it from a great height, by surrendering their independence, they have rendered themselves nothing more than poodles!

its ironic that given they are supposed to be the "Independent" supporters association, and who their chair is, how far from independent they have actually become!

to change things now will take an individual or group to offer to smisa members a loan that together with their funds would enable then ro buy out Scott ASAP! Then, or in advance the whole Smisa committee would need to resign, and a new one be elected to represent the members, and work with whoever puts up that loan to run the club with a detailed plan, vision, aims and goal of what type of football club we want to be!

although something like that was promised during BtB... as you can see it never happened! The chairman and board do not have the skill set, vision or even see the need to define a 'vision' for supporters to buy into, that needs to remain flexible, but completely transparent, and involves the support at every turn.

the vacuum that these failings created sees good people like our CEO at least try to inspire, lead and set goals and aims for the club. However without that clear, transparent, intelligent and effective leadership of a competent board we are failing, and managing to grasp failure from the jaws of success time after time.

can anyone tell me in the three years since BtB what decisions on the general direction of the club the smisa members have ever been involved in? I'll give you a clue. Its less than one..!

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

L..P.  You were on the committee so guess you know from the inside. I know hee haw but the latest Q. A. from the SMISA  board member is very disappointing at best nothing in it but fresh air. 

There might be 'air' in it.... but it aint 'fresh' if you stand down wind of it!

4 hours ago, melmac said:

Totally agree. If and I write ( IF ) accounts are in a bad way then there needs to be a SMISA meeting with its members.  What's the point if it's none receptive of its members. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

19 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Totally agree. If and I write ( IF ) accounts are in a bad way then there needs to be a SMISA meeting with its members.  What's the point if it's none receptive of its members. 

Gordon will have to ok that meeting, set the agenda and attend the INDEPENDENT supporters association!

1 hour ago, cockles1987 said:

So for clarity, LPM encouraged folk to sign up for SMISA and he didn't know what he was getting folk to sign up to.

You'd think someone that said they were so clever in buisness wouldn't or couldn't be so duped.

Mate I don’t think all seems like everything is quite write. I have written I’m all for fan ownership. I’m guessing here due to our signings thus far we have not got the money we should have. The flick of the coin is so many changes to the revolving door. Managers, coaches, players 80 of them since Gordon took over. This season we have done a deal with a manager who was on a three year deal. Oran goes public in national news papers telling Gordon stop telling lies. Fact is since Oran’s statement Gordon has said publicly nothing. Accused of being a Lier and not contestd it is strange. For me it’s about StcMirren Football club not against individuals . 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...