Jack Baird - 1 yr extension

Really? Dont you read your forum?
"Is he in line for a Gibraltar cap"
and all the others who thought we didnt need to sign the ONE centre-back we actually have on the books!
Not like you to miss out all the pertinent comments.

Yeah that international cap line wasn't mocking Jack Baird though, it was mocking you.

I think LPM does have a point, but just goes to show the "regard" he is held in by his fellows. 

I think the support is split on Baird, I've made my thoughts clear, I think he's an excellent young  defender with a big future ahead of him.

Spoiler

Image result for jack baird st mirren

Edited by insaintee

9 hours ago, div said:

Yeah that international cap line wasn't mocking Jack Baird though, it was mocking you.

Exactly, pretty sure Jack Baird would of probably had a wee chuckle at that.  Not to say he never could be, he's still young but he's not shown that level of promise... Yet. 

1 hour ago, insaintee said:

I think LPM does have a point, but just goes to show the "regard" he is held in by his fellows. 

I think the support is split on Baird, I've made my thoughts clear, I think he's an excellent young  defender with a big future ahead of him.

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for jack baird st mirren

I'm in complete agreement with you on Jack Baird. Puzzled to see the criticism, although I remember seeing similar criticism of Sean Kelly, who is now thriving at a level comfortably higher than the one he left last summer.

Let's get behind young players who come through the ranks rather than mock them, as more than one poster did on this thread.

10 hours ago, div said:

Do you do President Trump's tweets for him?

because that has got to be the most desperate attempt at backsliding and deflection this forum has seen. Unless of course you think Inwas in line for a Gibraltar cap?

5 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Do you do President Trump's tweets for him?

because that has got to be the most desperate attempt at backsliding and deflection this forum has seen. Unless of course you think Inwas in line for a Gibraltar cap?

Wasn't me that posted about Gibraltar old boy.

I don't need to backslide or deflect from anything. I'm delighted Jack has signed up for another year, as I've already said on this thread.

It was you that brought up the subject of imminent international honours for Jack Baird, not me.

Away and tell some kids that Santa doesn't exist.

1 minute ago, div said:

Wasn't me that posted about Gibraltar old boy.

I don't need to backslide or deflect from anything. I'm delighted Jack has signed up for another year, as I've already said on this thread.

It was you that brought up the subject of imminent international honours for Jack Baird, not me.

Away and tell some kids that Santa doesn't exist.

See you cant either admit you were wrong (and all the others who slated our player) or leave it, you have to twist it to say "imminent international honours" when i said nothing of the sort. No wonder young players leave our club, why should they put themselves through the ill informed abuse they get from their own supposed support.

poor form.

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

See you cant either admit you were wrong (and all the others who slated our player) or leave it, you have to twist it to say "imminent international honours" when i said nothing of the sort. No wonder young players leave our club, why should they put themselves through the ill informed abuse they get from their own supposed support.

poor form.

Wrong about what?

You think Jack is going to get international honours. I don't.

Unless you've got a time machine handy I'm not sure how either of us will know who is wrong.

I'd be VERY glad to be proven wrong and see Jack Baird strutting his stuff for Scotland, but I think it's very unlikely.

I'm sad to see my opinion is now going to lead to a huge en-masse departure of our young stars :lol:

2 minutes ago, div said:

Wrong about what?

You think Jack is going to get international honours. I don't.

Unless you've got a time machine handy I'm not sure how either of us will know who is wrong.

I'd be VERY glad to be proven wrong and see Jack Baird strutting his stuff for Scotland, but I think it's very unlikely.

I'm sad to see my opinion is now going to lead to a huge en-masse departure of our young stars :lol:

Have you read anything on your own forum?

if you had you would find it was pundits who put Jack's name out as a possible future international prospect. But that doesn't give you an angle, so you have to persist and defend your position by stating that I said he was going to get international honours....

heaven forbid anyone talking up one of our young players on here when independent voices recognise their potential.

4 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Have you read anything on your own forum?

if you had you would find it was pundits who put Jack's name out as a possible future international prospect. But that doesn't give you an angle, so you have to persist and defend your position by stating that I said he was going to get international honours....

heaven forbid anyone talking up one of our young players on here when independent voices recognise their potential.

Not quite sure why you are getting your knickers in such a right old twist here but it's clear you're having one of your bad days so I'm going to leave it at that and go out and do something more enjoyable.

I'll put my head on the line and say I can see Jack Baird becoming a very good centre back given the right coaching and management, which I think Jack Ross will be capable of giving him. Given the dearth of Saints players being capped over the years - certainly while at the club - it is a big step to see him reaching that level, but given the lack of quality centre backs representing Scotland, maybe it isn't out of the question to see him going close to the level where he might be considered in time if he can keep improving as a footballer.

Rather than mock and scoff at that possibility, I'd rather welcome the new deal for Jack, and give him huge credit for coming back to form after coming back into the team following Davis' injury, and talk about what I believe is the potential he has to develop into a much better defender. i know I'm not alone, as those I go to the match with week in week out are of the same opinion on this 21 year old centre back. He might stall at this point and regress but I certainly think he has what it takes physically to become a better centre back, and if he can do that, who knows?

14 minutes ago, div said:

Not quite sure why you are getting your knickers in such a right old twist here but it's clear you're having one of your bad days so I'm going to leave it at that and go out and do something more enjoyable.

More enjoyable than winding up LPM.  That can only mean your doing drugs or :booty

• 4 months later...