Jack Baird - 1 yr extension

On 01/02/2018 at 5:09 PM, TopCat said:

Excellent news, he’s been one of our best players this year. Got a feeling he will be moving on shortly but hopefully we will get good money when he does.

What do you think of Jack Ross now do you think you called it wrong let's be honest we all have at one time. 

20 hours ago, Soctty said:

Suspect that may be Kirkpatrick's level. Hopeful that big Stewart can develop, still young enough to improve.

From what I have seen so far I'd have Ross Stewart in the team ahead of Mullen. I haven't seen anything in Mullen to suggest he is that good.

From what I have seen so far I'd have Ross Stewart in the team ahead of Mullen. I haven't seen anything in Mullen to suggest he is that good.
Got to admit Mullen hasn't done anything of note thus far, but he's got plenty of time to change opinions. Looks bereft of confidence recently - a goal could make the world of difference to him

To be fair to Mullen, he has generally been used when we are seeing out a game and not at our most attacking. The one game he did start against Morton, I thought he did well and was surprised when an under par Reilly was brought on. Having said that, I would like to see him make more of an attacking contribution to the team. Maybe if he gets his first goal, he could kick on from there.

21 hours ago, Soctty said:

Suspect that may be Kirkpatrick's level. Hopeful that big Stewart can develop, still young enough to improve.

Not sure how you can judge.

He struggled to get into the best side in the Championship ahead of Cammy Smith. Doesn't mean he couldn't do a job with another side in this league.

He struggled to get into the best side in the Championship ahead of Cammy Smith. Doesn't mean he couldn't do a job with another side in this league.
It's only my suspicion based on what I've seen of him over the course of the season - I hadn't realised I'd made the definitive assessment...

I think Mullen was always likely to be subject to a significant degree of scrutiny and early judgement given the circumstances surrounding his arrival at the club.

He doesn't have the easiest task in the world - finding his place and making an impact in a team that is performing so well and consistently. I suspect Hippolyte will be in a similar position.  Particularly given the strength of our attacking line.

I'm more than happy to cut him (and Myles) some slack and be patient. We have the luxury of being able to do that just now. Sadly, I'm not too confident that everyone will share that position, however.

26 minutes ago, Soctty said:
29 minutes ago, zico said:

It's only my suspicion based on what I've seen of him over the course of the season - I hadn't realised I'd made the definitive assessment...

I didn't realise you'd made the definitive assessment either.

Just stating my suspicion that I don't think anyone can judge based on the fact that he didn't get much game time over the course of the season due to the form of Cammy Smith!

I didn't realise you'd made the definitive assessment either.
Just stating my suspicion that I don't think anyone can judge based on the fact that he didn't get much game time over the course of the season due to the form of Cammy Smith!
No, you stated you weren't sure how I could judge him. This implies that I'd judged him. [emoji108]

I think Mullen was always likely to be subject to a significant degree of scrutiny and early judgement given the circumstances surrounding his arrival at the club.
He doesn't have the easiest task in the world - finding his place and making an impact in a team that is performing so well and consistently. I suspect Hippolyte will be in a similar position.  Particularly given the strength of our attacking line.
I'm more than happy to cut him (and Myles) some slack and be patient. We have the luxury of being able to do that just now. Sadly, I'm not too confident that everyone will share that position, however.

Spot on. If they aren't getting a chance it's because those in possession are doing well. More than happy to give them time, and anyone else in a similar position.

It all comes back to the plan B situation. If the team is under siege (like we have been in the latter stages in a few games) a punt to a big striker to hold the ball up is a good way to relieve pressure. In that respect Sutton is our only option now but I feel Stewart could offer that role also.

Back to topic and well done to Jack who has improved significantly over the course of the season.

1 hour ago, Soctty said:
1 hour ago, zico said:

Yeah, you did judge him.

And, as I said, based on his lack of playing time, I’m not sure how you managed it.

Read my words - shouldn't be too difficult...

I did - and it wasn't...