Drew

Jack Baird - 1 yr extension

Apparently I got into an online conversation with an ailing hamster who continues to post from beyond the grave... 

Well stop chatting to yourself then

7 minutes ago, zico said:

Well stop chatting to yourself then

Well this has been delightful, but I'm going to have to bid you, and your mystical hamster, adieu...

Edited by Soctty

1 hour ago, Soctty said:

Well this has been delightful, but I'm going to have to bid you, and your mystical hamster, adieu...

Your wheel has stopped spinning

Just imagine, for a moment, that this thread was about Jack Baird.
I know it is a bit of a stretch, but try your hardest....
I tried really, really hard but it didn't work. Then again, who am I to talk about going off topic.

Maybe need to start an "Off Topic" thread where folk can take things to. Shull, get it started, there's a good lad. :)

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 5:46 PM, Slartibartfast said:

I tried really, really hard but it didn't work. Then again, who am I to talk about going off topic.

Maybe need to start an "Off Topic" thread where folk can take things to. Shull, get it started, there's a good lad. :)

If he did do you think he'd just keep it on topic about it being off topic or would he go off topic about being on topic?

Anyway.... About Jack Baird.

If he did do you think he'd just keep it on topic about it being off topic or would he go off topic about being on topic?

Anyway.... About Jack Baird.

Why not go see, he started one.

Very easily manipulated, is our shull.

Anyway, Jack Baird ...

After the game against Hibs I changed my Top Man from Captain Courageous to Jack as I do see an improvement in him and a desire to defend better each season.

Time will tell if he gets the advancement he deserves, but at least he has shown commitment to the Buddies, more than I can say about one or two others.  :whistle

3 hours ago, Buddymarvellous said:

https://www.stmirren.com/news/club/all-news/2553-jack-baird-signs-contract-extension-2

Well done Jack - pleased with this...( and I used the “Search” bar 

Well done indeed - I do have to laugh at the one who said he only got games by default though  :cheers

Bairdy is a fab lad and a brilliant servant to us - longest servant and every manager learns how valuable he is...

All the best for this Contract JACK  Score a few in the opposition net and keep ours goal free as often as possible  :ninja

Fairly surprised he's got a new contract. I don't think he's developed that well at all, and still needs someone to guide him through games despite the amount of games he's played. Which is a major worry with the mistakes he often makes.

The first Hibs goal really highlighted how poor he is, and unfortunately it's not a one off.

Still hopefully he can come good, but he has a lot to do.

19 minutes ago, gc_SMFC said:

Fairly surprised he's got a new contract. I don't think he's developed that well at all, and still needs someone to guide him through games despite the amount of games he's played. Which is a major worry with the mistakes he often makes.

The first Hibs goal really highlighted how poor he is, and unfortunately it's not a one off.

Still hopefully he can come good, but he has a lot to do.

Really, Shaw was left by Erhahon and Jack was marking Kamberi - did Kamberi score - No but Jack then had to cover them both - tell me how you do that when they are several yards apart? 

Baird is the one who all the managers keep - doesn't that say something about his character and talent to you?

Sure he is human and will make mistakes - but it helps him no end when fans are putting the blame on him for the short - comings of other players - often the midfield . . . 

The fact that you are "Fairly surprised he's got a new contract." tells you that you don't know much about being a CB.

Really, Shaw was left by Erhahon and Jack was marking Kamberi - did Kamberi score - No but Jack then had to cover them both - tell me how you do that when they are several yards apart? 
Baird is the one who all the managers keep - doesn't that say something about his character and talent to you?
Sure he is human and will make mistakes - but it helps him no end when fans are putting the blame on him for the short - comings of other players - often the midfield . . . 
The fact that you are "Fairly surprised he's got a new contract." tells you that you don't know much about being a CB.
Baird plays everyone on by about 4 yards.

His positioning is generally suspect. He gets bullied out of games easily. His distribution is awful.

He was third choice and the championship, and just isn't cut out for regular Premiership football.

I know fine well that the midfield doesn't help, but Baird is often his own worst enemy.

If he wasn't a youth player with us, then he'd get judged correctly.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Has the lad stole your daughter or are you just venting your anger because you don't have the talent and potential he has?

Edited by stlucifer