30 Years On ,,,,,And Still Tears Of Joy

19 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

You'd be likely to see hillwalking equipment in that window today. .

Well yeah, it's now Summits Outdoor Pursuit Centre :rolleyes:

I remember, in 77/78, me and my cousin would run down Love St after a match, seeing who could get in first to Alexanders in Moss St. Whoever got in first bought 1st dibs on the new stuff and the other had to get something else.

That's because every week they got in new designs of the "iron on/sew on" patches that you could put on your scarf or , if you had one, denim jacket and also the badges with the pin at the back which came in a myriad of shapes. Initially they had the Saints crest with a yellow background but eventually they had ones with a red background and those looked much better.

When Saints had their first kit sponsor, (Umbro), Alexanders were the only shop in town you could buy it from. I got one for Xmas in 1977, it came in a box with the whole kit inside, f**king magic.

I was right into darts then as well, bought loads of flights and shafts during that period. It was a great sports shop, only Greaves in Glasgow is like it and still survives.

Edited by Eric Arthur Blair

6 hours ago, Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes said:

I'm guessing you don't have a souvenir ticket stub having tunnelled your way in.......

Wish I could've. Was unemployed at the time. I managed to scrape up the admission money, thankfully. 

Started to drive a Cab, weeks later and never looked back. :D

Picked up a Main Stand ticket stub years later, terracing was pay at the gate 

Sold it to a Saints dude from Gallowhill Road via Ebay. 

7 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Well yeah, it's now Summits Outdoor Pursuit Centre :rolleyes:

I remember, in 77/78, me and my cousin would run down Love St after a match, seeing who could get in first to Alexanders in Moss St. Whoever got in first bought 1st dibs on the new stuff and the other had to get something else.

That's because every week they got in new designs of the "iron on/sew on" patches that you could put on your scarf or , if you had one, denim jacket and also the badges with the pin at the back which came in a myriad of shapes. Initially they had the Saints crest with a yellow background but eventually they had ones with a red background and those looked much better.

When Saints had their first kit sponsor, (Umbro), Alexanders were the only shop in town you could buy it from. I got one for Xmas in 1977, it came in a box with the whole kit inside, f**king magic.

I was right into darts then as well, bought loads of flights and shafts during that period. It was a great sports shop, only Greaves in Glasgow is like it and still survives.

Still competitive to this day.

Always have to be first.

:D

55 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Oh well, that's me late for work. Never mind.

That Interview was fabulous :clapping

Cannae wait to get to Stadium later to renew Season Tickets, Car Park Pass and pick up Scottish Cup Book.

WHIT A FECKING BRILLIANT CLUB WE ARE

• 2 weeks later...