2017/18 season tickets on sale now

Sore one for me this year as the wee man's ticket jumps to £130. Still, needs must, and if I hadn't spunked £300 on Lewis Morgan's shirt when I was pissed in the Bankhouse then I might have thought differently. You live and learn.....

1 hour ago, soldiersaint1877 said:

I'm not sure about the £25 additions for the kids tickets, just not sure of the logic, my ST will be an extra £25 this year, it's not as if we sold out games and were taking up seats that others could have used ...

It was explained that a lot of the kids tickets were almost NEVER used last season. Those seats couldn't be sold no matter whether there was demand or not. I am as guilty as anyone as I took up the offer for both my grandkids and one of them chose not to go after two visits. The token fee should discourage those who took the tickets "just on the off chance the kid might like it. The fact the normal ST stays the same price should offset the cost of a kid's ticket for those really interested. The empty seats, many in good vantage points, can be sold if needed.  Makes sense if you ask me.

11 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

It was explained that a lot of the kids tickets were almost NEVER used last season. Those seats couldn't be sold no matter whether there was demand or not.

Yeah, that was my take on it as well. Although £25 is still £25   more than zero, it is still exceptional walue for the season and if some people do decide "nah, it's not worth it, the wee man/lass won't go" then it does mean there's extra revenue for the club.

3 hours ago, Herbie said:

Sore one for me this year as the wee man's ticket jumps to £130. Still, needs must, and if I hadn't spunked £300 on Lewis Morgan's shirt when I was pissed in the Bankhouse then I might have thought differently. You live and learn.....

Yeah I'm in that boat too. £15 last season (or free if you went to ticket office) and now £130. Yikes!

Still, although I didn't spend £300 on Morgy's shirt, I can trump you, as I spent £300 on sponsoring Ben fucking Gordon this season :lol:

It's £0 to £45 for me - for the wee man's ticket in the main stand.

I will of course be paying it but the logic of the 'cover charge' to stop there being empty seats in a stadium which is almost never more than half full does not sit well with me.

Since the club are in a position to record the number of times a season ticket is used then it would not have been too much work to have a two (or three) tiered renewal policy (e.g. free \ reduced tickets used less than 50% of the time - £25 and more than 50% remaining free etc.)

I'm guessing that the point of the free season ticket for kids was to encourage the next generation of fans to come along while assisting parents who might not be able to afford to bring kids otherwise and I while I note that the Family Stand does still offer this facility, the fact that this change will potentially penalise family generations that sit together in other stands, and who attend regularly, seems to be a bit like throwing the baby out with bathwater.

Like I say, I will be paying the new prices and I accept the club has to make money and cut out on unneccessary admin charges - I just think they could have employed a more fine tuned approach.

Still - bring on the new season! :D

It's £0 to £45 for me - for the wee man's ticket in the main stand.
I will of course be paying it but the logic of the 'cover charge' to stop there being empty seats in a stadium which is almost never more than half full does not sit well with me.
Since the club are in a position to record the number of times a season ticket is used then it would not have been too much work to have a two (or three) tiered renewal policy (e.g. free \ reduced tickets used less than 50% of the time - £25 and more than 50% remaining free etc.)
I'm guessing that the point of the free season ticket for kids was to encourage the next generation of fans to come along while assisting parents who might not be able to afford to bring kids otherwise and I while I note that the Family Stand does still offer this facility, the fact that this change will potentially penalise family generations that sit together in other stands, and who attend regularly, seems to be a bit like throwing the baby out with bathwater.
Like I say, I will be paying the new prices and I accept the club has to make money and cut out on unneccessary admin charges - I just think they could have employed a more fine tuned approach.
Still - bring on the new season! [emoji3]

Good points in principle mate but guess would have caused all sorts of admin chaos.

What I would have suggested is that each kid season ticket at £25 also got a free kids home shirt or something like that.

If the target is 1000 adult ST purchases to make the west stand exclusive to home support, but up to 50% ST purchases were free kids seats, who now, along with the purchasing adult have to relocate to the family stand. Is there a cat in hell's chance the west stand will be home fans only for any game next season?

looks like it might not have been fully thought through, or dangling an unreachable carrot?

53 minutes ago, div said:

Good points in principle mate but guess would have caused all sorts of admin chaos.

What I would have suggested is that each kid season ticket at £25 also got a free kids home shirt or something like that.

Make it an Adult's shirt, since it's Dad that;s paying.

Everybody happy :D

8 hours ago, doonhamer said:

Tried to but a season ticket tonight following the Online Store link on the official site. Took me to a page saying "Under Maintenance ", not to worry ; it also says it will be up and running by 11 MAy(sic). Can hardly wait. 

1 hour ago, pondsman said:

Like doonhamer checked out the online tickets page this morning and got the 'under maintenance' message. Not good for those of us who want to buy season tickets but live far from the stadium and don't have easy access to the ticket office!

The on-line ticket system is being updated for the new season and , according to the official notice on the OS, will not be available until 10am this morning. Not long to go :)

17 hours ago, Yflab said:

I'm in. 2 down 998 to go! 

We need guys like Drew to become ST holders again if we want to get to 1000 tickets.

I'm seriously considering it, but the difficulty I have is finding a seat now that makes it worth my while. My old ST seat is taken, and the chances of me finding one beside mates (ie - chance of me funding mates....) is pretty slim.

Its okay sitting on your lonesome now and again, but one of the main draws of going to games is to catch up with mates. I could, of course, but a random seat ticket then scout about on the day, but that limits me to a single stand.

I won't bore on about my previous 'ST Lite' suggestion, cause that's been done to death and never flew, but I do think that a bit more creativity would be good.

And as sure as day follows night the online ticket site is down! Although you can leave feedback for the site builders Interstadia.

wouldn't it be great if the club could just get one customer service issue right?

edit: bawz just seen the login icon, humble apologies, but get the interstadia pish shifted so fans land on the login page.

Edited by Lord Pityme

1 minute ago, Yflab said:

The site is online. It's just a mess the way that Interstadia present the login. It looks like the site is offline. The login icon is kinda hidden away in the top left hand side of the screen. They really need to sort that out as it's not easy to find the login. I've emailed them feedback.

you are right there is no rush, but there are incentives to sign up early.

Serve me right for reading Lord Pityme post and assume he was right :lol:

I'm seriously considering it, but the difficulty I have is finding a seat now that makes it worth my while. My old ST seat is taken, and the chances of me finding one beside mates (ie - chance of me funding mates....) is pretty slim.
Its okay sitting on your lonesome now and again, but one of the main draws of going to games is to catch up with mates. I could, of course, but a random seat ticket then scout about on the day, but that limits me to a single stand.
I won't bore on about my previous 'ST Lite' suggestion, cause that's been done to death and never flew, but I do think that a bit more creativity would be good.

Time to face up to the truth buddy... Poz disnae want you beside him and is happy with his reserved seat! [emoji12]

2 hours ago, Drew said:

My neebur and his son are taking season tickets for the first time ever this season and my advice to him was just to get any two seats together close to where the rest of us are.

In most games, assuming the club do as they are proposing, we will just all migrate en-masse and sit in W6 together.

19 hours ago, Sonny said:

Buying a season ticket for my nephew this year so that's 1 addition. Let's go for the 1000 so we can have the whole stand and the singing section can be in W5 during the games (there was no way they were going to get W3/4).

W5 would be fine for the singing Section.  Queue grumping from W5 ST holders...

19 hours ago, stlucifer said:

I got two free tickets for the grandkids last season and one was wasted as the younger one wasn't interested so I fully appreciate the introduction of a token price for them. I will only go for the two IF he looks as if he'll attend so that is likely to be one less for us. 3 definites, one, well, unlikely, but we'll see.

Yeah, I got a Freebie for my Grandson, but he never attended once... pissed off by the shite of relegation.  Still if he wants one for this Season, I'll buy him one.

Got a hire to Paisley earlier. Then headed to Greenhill Road and got all sorted for new Season plus picked up Book from Club Shop. 

Cannae wait for first Match. 

See you all in July. 

Got a distress call from my neebur who couldn't fathom out how the hell to buy a season ticket for the first time.

I went round to help.

Explained he needed to register, so he did that, fine.

He then went to buy a season ticket but the seat map wouldn't load on his Mac, using Safari

He had flash installed and working. Couldn't figure it out so we bailed on Safari and downloaded Chrome

He logged in using Chrome and the seat map loaded fine, picked his seat, added to basket

Now he wants to get a season ticket for his kid

No way to add family members there and then

So we have to log out, and then register an account for his kid at the same address

Log back in

Can now select a season ticket for him and a season ticket for his kid

Add to basket

Get to the checkout stage and start getting asked about Certificates and SSL and all sorts of shite

Eventually after a load of back and forth I just pressed cancel on the certificate warning and we got to the checkout page

Eventually, 30 mins after we started, he had bought 2 season tickets

It was a torturous process and he admitted that if I hadn't been there he'd have given up.

Maybe some of those issues were just down to his Macbook, dunno, but it sure was confusing as hell for him, and for me!