2017/18 season tickets on sale now

Div, I don't believe that W5 only has 4 seats available for new purchases. There must be something wrong with the website if it is coming out with that information. Just based on where I sit there were certainly far more than 4 free seats last season. If that section is wrong then I don't trust the data for the other sections. Why would the club set a target of 1000 ST if we exceeded that last season. Makes no sense. 

Agreed on that.

Buying anything related to St Mirren is usually difficult, tickets , season ticket renewals ( site doesn't recognise renewals if you add kids etc ) buying strips etc etc

The option to buy tickets on all available platforms ( that other clubs seem to use okay ) should be available to us.

Phone or going to ticket office might suit some. People further afield should have all remote access options and as many people use ipdad/iPhones etc then that should be factored in.

11 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Div, I don't believe that W5 only has 4 seats available for new purchases. There must be something wrong with the website if it is coming out with that information. Just based on where I sit there were certainly far more than 4 free seats last season. If that section is wrong then I don't trust the data for the other sections. Why would the club set a target of 1000 ST if we exceeded that last season. Makes no sense. 

Dunno mate, this is the site map for W5 right now;

w5-stand.JPG

If this is wrong then the whole game is a bogey!

21 hours ago, JJ McG said:

Difficult when you live 2 hours away in Lochgilphead.

I've went online on to try and pick a new seat in the main stand but it's not letting me, absolutely useless.

My normal Saints travel companion here in Jersey has a house next door to the Horseshoe Pub just up the road from you, 

Great wee boozer, you know it? 

I bought two new season tickets last week - only sections available with two seats together were w1 and w2, if I wanted to avoid the front row. Obviously a lot of folk have still to renew their tickets but I don't see any reason why they wouldn't unless their financial circumstances have changed?

I bought two ST's at the ticket office yesterday and was told that there were only 4 seats remaining in w5 and none were together. If those seats sell then the section will be sold out until the 1st of July when un renewed ST's would be released for general sale!

TBH I was left with very little choice with only a few dozen seats to chose from most of which are towards front of W1.

11 hours ago, Buddy Marvellous said:

I bought two ST's at the ticket office yesterday and was told that there were only 4 seats remaining in w5 and none were together. If those seats sell then the section will be sold out until the 1st of July when un renewed ST's would be released for general sale!

TBH I was left with very little choice with only a few dozen seats to chose from most of which are towards front of W1.

Yeah there are very few seats remaining at the moment other than in W1. By by reckoning still over 500 seats reserved for season ticket holders who have until 1st July to renew or their seats get released back into the pool.

Even if we do get to 1,000 I'm not sure they will sell season tickets for the other side of W5 or any of W6 and W7.

All very confusing tbh!

8 minutes ago, renfrew said:

291 still to sell in 10 days :(  I am hoping the club are flexible and that a figure of 900 plus will be enough.

I would hope so also. 

As the Season goes on, that Stand will sell out. 

Common sense is all we ask for. 

Small Supports should be allocated half of the North Stand nearest to the Scoreboard, so we can utilise the other half as we stride towards the Championship Title. 

Had to go to the ticket office to renew my season ticket.  When I tried to do it on line  the following appeared " The owner of www.smfctickets.co.uk has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website"

I've had no problems in the past but certainly am concerned about this. Ticket office informed me that the website was totally secure. I'm first to admit my IT knowledge is pretty poor but a statement like that on Firefox certainly put me off. I also got a similar statement on my smartphone

Had to go to the ticket office to renew my season ticket.  When I tried to do it on line  the following appeared " The owner of www.smfctickets.co.uk has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website"
I've had no problems in the past but certainly am concerned about this. Ticket office informed me that the website was totally secure. I'm first to admit my IT knowledge is pretty poor but a statement like that on Firefox certainly put me off. I also got a similar statement on my smartphone

The online situation is a farce , it caters for a few not all. It offers some people the option to use it not all. The communication from the club remains poor. The'PR' from the club is selective and poor. 'Open days' closed to many open to a few.
Etc etc etc , tried to do ours online as live in England, could not do it with options we require, can't pop in to club so left with phone only ?

Nope , anyone should be able to buy tickets or season tickets online, but only some can.

That's not slagging the club, that is still all sadly factually correct.

Still, can't blame anyone yet, still honeymoon period :(

3 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

The online situation is a farce , it caters for a few not all. It offers some people the option to use it not all. The communication from the club remains poor. The'PR' from the club is selective and poor. 'Open days' closed to many open to a few.
Etc etc etc , tried to do ours online as live in England, could not do it with options we require, can't pop in to club so left with phone only ?

Nope , anyone should be able to buy tickets or season tickets online, but only some can.

That's not slagging the club, that is still all sadly factually correct.

Still, can't blame anyone yet, still honeymoon period :(

You'll be blacklisted with that patter. :rolleyes:

The "St Mirren can do no wrong" crew are watching. :lol:

1 hour ago, Oldfellow said:

I bought my season ticket a couple of weeks ago using Firefox with no problem. I went on to the ticket site 2 minutes ago, again with no problem.

Have been trying to access the seating plan for the last few days without success, from an iMac with Safari Browser updated to OS Sierra. Used to work with the old browser. I have just discovered that when you get to the select seats page, if you scroll down the "View" tab to "Reload with Plug-ins", the seating plan comes up and you can select, change blocks, etc. Might help some folk out!

Was swithering whether or not to buy 3 Tickets in W1, or would it be likely that more than 1000 will be sold once the existing straggler STH's renew, and the restricted half of W5 will then become available? Anybody got any idea if this will be the case? 

Edited by sally02

28 minutes ago, sally02 said:

Have been trying to access the seating plan for the last few days without success, from an iMac with Safari Browser updated to OS Sierra. Used to work with the old browser. I have just discovered that when you get to the select seats page, if you scroll down the "View" tab to "Reload with Plug-ins", the seating plan comes up and you can select, change blocks, etc. Might help some folk out!

Was swithering whether or not to buy 3 Tickets in W1, or would it be likely that more than 1000 will be sold once the existing straggler STH's renew, and the restricted half of W5 will then become available? Anybody got any idea if this will be the case? 

I can't see them opening up the other half of W5, W6 and W7 for season tickets as if they do that they'll basically need to keep the West Stand all for Saints fans forever more and they definitely won't want to do that. Can you imagine next season if someone had bought a seat in the other side of W5 and next season they got told to shift?!!

Meltdown central!

My advice to you would be to buy the best 3 seats you can in W1 right now, and once the season ticket exclusive period has expired if you find better seats have been released back into the pool you can ask to swap.

ETA; Good work getting the seating plan to load on a MAC!

4 minutes ago, div said:

I can't see them opening up the other half of W5, W6 and W7 for season tickets as if they do that they'll basically need to keep the West Stand all for Saints fans forever more and they definitely won't want to do that. Can you imagine next season if someone had bought a seat in the other side of W5 and next season they got told to shift?!!

Meltdown central!

My advice to you would be to buy the best 3 seats you can in W1 right now, and once the season ticket exclusive period has expired if you find better seats have been released back into the pool you can ask to swap.

ETA; Good work getting the seating plan to load on a MAC!

That's what I thought! Just hope they will swap at the same prices after the deadline.