Saint Mirren top 11 legends. .

From what I heard , he forced their hand. .

I'm sure there are many versions of what happened. I'm sure he did force their hand. He also took control of the club and Willie Todd and his cronies didn't like it and sacked him for claiming expenses and giving players bonuses that weren't previously agreed. The board were in the right. Fergie no doubt thought he came here to crowds of 1k and now we are getting 15-20k and he was gonna do things his way. He was sacked.

14 hours ago, jpmslither said:

I'm sure there are many versions of what happened. I'm sure he did force their hand. He also took control of the club and Willie Todd and his cronies didn't like it and sacked him for claiming expenses and giving players bonuses that weren't previously agreed. The board were in the right. Fergie no doubt thought he came here to crowds of 1k and now we are getting 15-20k and he was gonna do things his way. He was sacked.

Like a big fish in a small tank . It did dramatically demonstrate the difference a good manager can make to the entire Club , which now , a few years later , I feel we are experiencing  again , which is good . Jack Ross has created a feel good factor that has been missing for a long time . What happened to Fergie , happened . . As you say the board were in the right but in other ways they were wrong too. .

10 hours ago, Stoobs said:

Chris Smith
Robert Dawson
Mo Camara
Cheesy
Chris Innes
Sonupe
Scott Agnew
Stuart Carswell
Paul Kinnaird
Jens Paeslack
Steve Galloway

Not good or bad but certainly interesting , l reckon Calum Ball would slot right into that selection , maybe have him on the bench with say , James Gardener. .

Edited by saintnextlifetime

On 5/19/2017 at 6:55 AM, St.Ricky said:

Favourites are strikers McGarvey, Sumner and Torforson.  Wingers Scanlon could be a genius. Midfielders have to include Tony F, Abba and Lambert.  Half backs include Jackie Copland and Norrie McWhirter. Full backs include Becket and Young. Goalkeepers include Thomson.

Abba were alright if you like that kind of thing. That Agnetha couldnae tackle a fish supper. But ah wid.

On 18/05/2017 at 7:55 PM, St.Ricky said:

Favourites are strikers McGarvey, Sumner and Torforson.  Wingers Scanlon could be a genius. Midfielders have to include Tony F, Abba and Lambert.  Half backs include Jackie Copland and Norrie McWhirter. Full backs include Becket and Young. Goalkeepers include Thomson.

It is interesting how position names have changed over the years , when I was a kid Jackie Copeland was regarded as a sweeper. .

On Sunday, May 21, 2017 at 1:06 AM, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Campbell Money

Steve Clarke  Jackie Copeland  Norrie McWhirter Iain Munro

Paul Lambert Billy Abercromby   Billy Stark  Peter Weir

Frank McAvennie  Frank McGarvey

Subs: Billy Thomson, Kenny McLean, John McGinn, Alan Logan, Tony Fitzpatrick, Frank McDougall, Doug Somner

What a squad these would have made

14 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

It is interesting how position names have changed over the years , when I was a kid Jackie Copeland was regarded as a sweeper. .

Not just position names, but surnames also.

Used to be called Copland.

• 1 year later...
On 5/20/2017 at 10:47 AM, saintnextlifetime said:

Like a big fish in a small tank . It did dramatically demonstrate the difference a good manager can make to the entire Club , which now , a few years later , I feel we are experiencing  again , which is good . Jack Ross has created a feel good factor that has been missing for a long time . What happened to Fergie , happened . . As you say the board were in the right but in other ways they were wrong too. .

And now we move on again from another good manager who helped build the fan base.  No Willie Todd this time.  GLS is the man of the moment. 

6 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Indeed , met a few Saint Mirren stars over the years but Jackie Copland still my all time favourite , as much a fan as any of us too . .

He used to pop into Ferguslie CC regularly where me and my pals played endless football kickabouts and was always great to us despite us pestering him.  Met him  few times as I got older and he was always happy to have a chat.  Is he a Hall of Famer?  Scandal if he isn't.

Edited by Barney63
Inserting preposition