Josh Todd signs 1 year extension

From OS ...

St Mirren Football Club is delighted to announce that Josh Todd has agreed a one-year contract extension. 

The midfielder joined the club in January after leaving Dumbarton and went on to make 11 appearances scoring once. 

He joins Adam Eckersley and Jack Baird in extending their stay at the Buddies.

Speaking to stmirren.com, Todd said: "It's good that the manager has seen something in me over the last six months. I'm happy to get it done and ready to kick on.

"The way we finished the season - staying up - I just can't wait to get started and try to get in the team and stay in the team. 

"I want to put my stamp on the game, try to get goals for the team and hopefully be a part of something special."

Really pleased about Todd signing on for another year.

His performance's off the bench were quite good especially (obviously) setting up 6th goal v Ayr & took his goal at Tannadice brilliantly.

Not sure where his best position is as he is a midfielder but sort of looks good as a striker too.

42 minutes ago, scrappy coco said:

He's a left sided player is he not?... Anyway I'm pleased with this, showed good potential at times, Good luck Josh.

I was told by one of his old team mates (Annan) that his favoured position was through the middle . 

Anyway , good luck to him next season . 

Easily worth another year - might turn out to be a hidden gem.

On the subject of the overall squad it's nice to see us getting business done early. Hopefully each deal completed will allow JR more time to focus on getting the right players in to complete a strong squad for next season. We're ahead of where we've been the past coupla seasons IMO, we just need to find the mythical beast that all lower league teams are chasing, the Loch Ness Monster 20 goal a season striker - would love to see another of those in the B&W stripes.

Edited by Bud the Baker

15 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

On the subject of the overall squad it's nice to see us getting business done early. Hopefully each deal completed will allow JR more time to focus on getting the right players in to complete a strong squad for next season. We're ahead of where we've been the past coupla seasons IMO, we just need to find the mythical beast that all lower league teams are chasing, the Loch Ness Monster 20 goal a season striker - would love to see another of those in the B&W stripes.

I know where one is.... 

42 minutes ago, RossCSmfc said:

Why are so many people suggesting Magennis will move to central midfield? Speculation or has anything been confirmed?

Because that is where he had always played until we switched him wide?

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

Because that is where he had always played until we switched him wide?

Not that you'd know - he was tremendous wide right. Wouldn't be the end of the world if that's where he played next season. Was John McGinn's preferred position not in the middle? Seem to remember he spent a lot of his time on the left and it didn't do him any harm.

Wasn't fussed either way with Todd. Hopefully a full-time pre-season will help him.

Edited by Stu

Yes, hopefully he's adjusted to full-time training now and will push on after pre-season. It seems to have taken Nathan Austin a while to adjust to full-time training at Falkirk but he looks ready to make an impression whether in the play-offs or next season. Hopefully Josh Todd will make an impact and chip in with 6-10 goals next season.

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Happy to see decent players like Josh, Adam and Jack stay with us. And I agree --- the 20 goal a season striker wouldn't go amiss.

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

IMO, we just need to find the mythical beast that all lower league teams are chasing, the Loch Ness Monster 20 goal a season striker - would love to see another of those in the B&W stripes.

I'm pretty sure the last time we had one of those, in the league anyway, was THIRTY SEVEN years ago.