Evan Horne signs

Hi lads, dont usually post on this forum just like to give it a read but ive been reading this discussion today about this young lad, i think all of you are being very very harsh, nobody is giving this young boy a chance what so ever comparing him to his older brother and his experience at the club, fair enough the young lad shouldve probably just kept his views to himself about lastnights attack but i really think what he tweeted has been took far far out of context by most of you as ive seen from various sources hes apologised as he did not mean for it to come across like that he simply used the words wrong and did not once mention the EDL, definetely think this young lad should be given more of a chance as at the end of the day JR wouldnt have signed him if he wasnt a talent, far to harsh to compare him to his older brother as ive looked through his twitter and doesnt seem to be anything like him. Heard he is a very very level headed young man who is local from renfrew also so is now at his local team so lets give the lad a chance eh? He's young and has probably realised now he made a small mistake, let him learn.

3 minutes ago, GWPanda said:

Hi lads, dont usually post on this forum just like to give it a read but ive been reading this discussion today about this young lad, i think all of you are being very very harsh, nobody is giving this young boy a chance what so ever comparing him to his older brother and his experience at the club, fair enough the young lad shouldve probably just kept his views to himself about lastnights attack but i really think what he tweeted has been took far far out of context by most of you as ive seen from various sources hes apologised as he did not mean for it to come across like that he simply used the words wrong and did not once mention the EDL, definetely think this young lad should be given more of a chance as at the end of the day JR wouldnt have signed him if he wasnt a talent, far to harsh to compare him to his older brother as ive looked through his twitter and doesnt seem to be anything like him. Heard he is a very very level headed young man who is local from renfrew also so is now at his local team so lets give the lad a chance eh? He's young and has probably realised now he made a small mistake, let him learn.

No kidding Evan?

17 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

No kidding Evan?

Haha Lol im sure the lad has never heard about this forum never mind posting on it, i infact know an ex school teacher of his very well and got in touch with him after reading this discussion all day, give him benefit of the doubt.

6 minutes ago, GWPanda said:

Haha Lol im sure the lad has never heard about this forum never mind posting on it, i infact know an ex school teacher of his very well and got in touch with him after reading this discussion all day, give him benefit of the doubt.

Every new signing gets a fair go. New signings don't generally post shite on Twitter before the ink has dried on their contract though. 

30 minutes ago, GWPanda said:

I for one won't judge on him his brother's actions/views (bit like the view all muslims are terrorists)  his views todays didn't go down well, I'm assuming it's been dealt with. Saints don't do extremist views on anything we live in shadow of the sectarian divide up the road.....we hate it....we just worry about the fitba...except we don't now so much cos we have Jack Ross. I can only imagine you are a pal of Evan's and fair enuff you sticking up for him.

ye cannae fight hate with hate.

Robinson is a cancer, and anyone espousing his bigoted, hate-fueled bile deserves to be called out. If this lad hopes to have a decent future in the game, and in life in general, I'd suggest we are doing him a favour by pointing out the very grave error of his ways on this one.

Edited by Drew

I just felt that that most post about this were very very harsh and blown out of proportion thats all, i dont have twitter personally but going with the original post about the tweet it generally does look worded wrongly, seems to say the guy tommy roberston has been warning us for years not that he supports the EDL jesus christ, let the boy talk on the pitch dont let one daft view on twitter create your opinion on him before he's kicked a ball for us he's 18

I'd like to think when we sign anyone, we remind them that they are now a representative of our club and should consider that anytime they post anything on social media.

Especially when your brother has been sacked for basically the same thing though. What a complete idiot.

6 minutes ago, JM1 said:

I'd like to think when we sign anyone, we remind them that they are now a representative of our club and should consider that anytime they post anything on social media.

Especially when your brother has been sacked for basically the same thing though. What a complete idiot.

All im saying is, its deleted from his account so you guys are saying, it was one silly small mistake the young boy put up, ive been on my wives twitter through his and theres nothing else in the slightest that shouldnt be there in my opinion, now give the lad a chance and dont let this take over your opinion. Now lets see what he can do for us hopefully another young star to come through under jr

Easy to get annoyed and come out with crap knee-jerk comments when something like the Manchester atrocity happens. In saying that the link to Robinson doesn't look too healthy, needs a watchful eye as well as a good talking to. Very poor start to his sainthood though. Leave it to the club to sort.

1 minute ago, buddiecat said:

Easy to get annoyed and come out with crap knee-jerk comments when something like the Manchester atrocity happens. In saying that the link to Robinson doesn't look too healthy, needs a watchful eye as well as a good talking to. Very poor start to his sainthood though. Leave it to the club to sort.

I agree Buddiecat. I actually said a few things this morning that I'm already not proud of. Only difference is that being an auld fud I pretty much only said them to myself and didn't broadcast them on social media. The comment about the fascist guy though does suggest a worrying level of knowledge. 

I've never heard of the guy, but then I know eff all about the EDL.

6 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I agree Buddiecat. I actually said a few things this morning that I'm already not proud of. Only difference is that being an auld fud I pretty much only said them to myself and didn't broadcast them on social media. The comment about the fascist guy though does suggest a worrying level of knowledge. 

Had the exact same morning thoughts as me i'd expect. Someone posted earlier that "you can't fight hate with hate" very profound statement that, and worth keeping at the front of the mind.

FFS, every one of us would have said or done something at age 18 that we've since regretted.

In this day and age, unlike 10-20-30-whatever years ago, everything now is there for all the world to see through social media.

I'm not condoning  his tweet but we have to cut the boy  some slack now that he's a St. Mirren player and hope TF, GS and JR offer some sage advice to prevent any repeat.

1 hour ago, GWPanda said:

I just felt that that most post about this were very very harsh and blown out of proportion thats all, i dont have twitter personally but going with the original post about the tweet it generally does look worded wrongly, seems to say the guy tommy roberston has been warning us for years not that he supports the EDL jesus christ, let the boy talk on the pitch dont let one daft view on twitter create your opinion on him before he's kicked a ball for us he's 18

You want to know who else is 18?

Kyle Magennis.

You wont find him posting stuff like that.

At 18 he is not a child.

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

They actually have a Scottish offshoot, the SDL.  These are guys who wish to 'defend' Scotland but at the same time hate it and want it subsumed into Greater England. :wacko:

Big decision time for the club!

Is this lad worth trying to correct? Or will they forever be making excuses/cover ups etc if he continues in the same vein?

Sunderland decided to offload a good player, but liability in McLean who made his views on Irish republicanism very clear, now West Brim seem to be constantly covering for him and his views.

i get that he is relatively young, and maybe a bit hard of thinking, he has however tweeted and referenced a political/racist agenda, not tweeted about a sexy looking young woman etc... the reputation, and need to keep the club's name from falling into disrepute is paramount.

a young saints fan was recently looking at a lifetime ban for something he was never prosecuted for "running onto the pitch".

7 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

FFS, every one of us would have said or done something at age 18 that we've since regretted.

In this day and age, unlike 10-20-30-whatever years ago, everything now is there for all the world to see through social media.

I'm not condoning  his tweet but we have to cut the boy  some slack now that he's a St. Mirren player and hope TF, GS and JR offer some sage advice to prevent any repeat.

I'll leave it at that, but the lad is effectively on probation in the eyes of some in our support, and he has put himself in that position.

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Big decision time for the club!

Is this lad worth trying to correct? Or will they forever be making excuses/cover ups etc if he continues in the same vein?

Sunderland decided to offload a good player, but liability in McLean who made his views on Irish republicanism very clear, now West Brim seem to be constantly covering for him and his views.

i get that he is relatively young, and maybe a bit hard of thinking, he has however tweeted and referenced a political/racist agenda, not tweeted about a sexy looking young woman etc... the reputation, and need to keep the club's name from falling into disrepute is paramount.

a young saints fan was recently looking at a lifetime ban for something he was never prosecuted for "running onto the pitch".

Unfortunately we're in an era where the young and stupid use social media to air their views without censor. 

Back in the olden times, Young Evan would have said something of this ilk in training and been slapped down by someone older and wiser. That was a young person's filter. There's no filter now to moderate or educate on idiotic comments before they go public. 

In this instance I'd imagine the club will haul him in and give him a good talking to. Make it clear that any future conduct won't be tolerated. There's no way we should habitually cover for him but then this is not a habitual problem yet.