Andy Ryan

Stu

Ignoring his goalscoring record for us his performances haven't been outstanding

Performances have been fine in the main. Thought he looked sharp in the friendlies I seen, as sharp as you can be when the games are being played a half pace, with little intensity. Goals make a striker, and he'll have gained confidence from his double last week.

If given the choice, I'd take Graham over Ryan.

He still has a year on his contract at Hibs, though, and they have a few quid so might hold onto him as cover for injuries and suspensions.

Loan deal a possibility, however.

55 minutes ago, Transfer news said:

Ignoring his goalscoring record for us his performances haven't been outstanding

He's a striker - he's paid to score goals not put on fancy dan performances. Why the hell would anyone "ignore the goalscoring record" when assessing a striker ????

Strikers are judged by their goal scoring record that's the harsh reality

20 minutes ago, Drew said:

If given the choice, I'd take Graham over Ryan.

He still has a year on his contract at Hibs, though, and they have a few quid so might hold onto him as cover for injuries and suspensions.

Loan deal a possibility, however.

Loan deal would do me. Would be cheaper as well, which is always a bonus.

26 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Loan deal would do me. Would be cheaper as well, which is always a bonus.

Aye, would be fine with that. We've yet to bring anyone in on loan, so there's every chance we could see some business via that route.

1 hour ago, Transfer news said:

Ally McCoist is one of the best goal scoring forwards Scotland has ever produced and i think you could count on one hand the amount of times he put in an outstanding performance. Still managed to stick away 300 odd goals for Rangers.

Strikers are judged on scoring goals and not their work rate, especially if it's outside of the box. If the lad scores goals, i couldn't care if he sat on a deck chair in the 6 yard box for 90 minutes a game.

He's impressed me in pre-season but as others have said he needs a partner up front to play off of.

Edited by Spam_Valley

4 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Not a stupid post. No way is Reilly good enough to play a lone striker role. he needs to play off a big striker. JR prefers 4.2.3.1 be tough for Reilly to play in that system

This is my main concern with Reilly. He's going to prove a very good option in the days when we go two up top but lone forwards these days have so much more to do than just put the ball in the net.

Not a stupid post. No way is Reilly good enough to play a lone striker role. he needs to play off a big striker. JR prefers 4.2.3.1 be tough for Reilly to play in that system

I think he is good enough, but I agree to get the best out of him we should play 2 up top, or at least a Scotland style 4-4-1-1. All the attributes are there, he's intelligent, quick, 2 footed, better in the air than he should be for his height. For some reason, lots of people don't seem willing to give him a chance.

31 minutes ago, Saint Garf said:

I think he is good enough, but I agree to get the best out of him we should play 2 up top, or at least a Scotland style 4-4-1-1. All the attributes are there, he's intelligent, quick, 2 footed, better in the air than he should be for his height. For some reason, lots of people don't seem willing to give him a chance.

I think Reilly will score at least 15 league goals this season.

13 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

The link up with Sutton on Saturday for the second is a prime example of what can be achieved.

Edited by kevo_smfc

16 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

Love these "sitting" managers..................

Maybe Jack has a plan? And who ever said Reilly as lone, not me, we never played that way yet under Jack. Obviously you don't go to games to be able to see that Jack , since he got shot of Raes team,plays, high forward lines, which is why our defence gets caught out.... but also why we score lots of goals when it works...

Game tomorrow if you can make it :whistle 

• 2 weeks later...