Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Stu

Andy Ryan

Recommended Posts

I remember Gardner Speirs putting a penalty 'miles' wide of the post against Motherwell at the Love Street end in the 1980's. Something makes me think it might have been the game in which Aber got 3 red cards.
Andy Ryan? No thanks. I'd much rather try to get someone like Jack Aitchison on loan from Septic.

Yup it was that same game. Aber got sent off in the aftermath of the penalty being awarded after a set to with Stevie Kirk who was also sent off. Speirs had waited a long time to take the kick ........ And missed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, davidg said:

He's not good enough but in his mind he's clearly too good for Airdrie. 

Body language stinks, clearly not a team player. 

If he's on the money mentioned in this thread then there's something dodgy going on. 

Everything that was leveled at Stevie Mallan at the start of last season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, davidg said:

Do you think he's of the same quality as Mallan? Maybe needs a kick up the arse?

On yesterdays showing, he is a wee bit lazy and didn't impress me at all, we have enough players of his height as it is and they all worked much more than he did yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On yesterdays showing, he is a wee bit lazy and didn't impress me at all, we have enough players of his height as it is and they all worked much more than he did yesterday.

 

There's lazy and then there's some big time Charlie who thinks he's better than the level he's playing at and won't get his sleeves rolled up and fight for his teammates.

 

He struck me as the latter yesterday with a complete lack of effort both on and off the ball. Who knows what goes on behind the scenes that may impact that but yesterday was an opportunity for him to showcase his talent against better opposition and he missed that as badly as his penalty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't make the game, but I'm finding this confusing. If you were a young player trying to win a move to a bigger club, surely you would do it by giving everything you've got and trying to impress, not taking the huff and half-arsing it. Doesn't sound like the kind of attitude we want at the club. I think Jack is very focused on the personalities in the squad, not sure Ryan would be a good fit given reports from yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Sounds like he blew his chance. 

To be fair, he did have a bad day at the office. That being said, if he was to sign and Sutton went, I'd still be hoping for another forward as we're currently requiring a forward with Sutton in the squad. Sutton being moved on means for my liking we need two. Especially if we're going on the basis that Reilly needs someone to work up top with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Saint Garf said:

Didn't make the game, but I'm finding this confusing. If you were a young player trying to win a move to a bigger club, surely you would do it by giving everything you've got and trying to impress, not taking the huff and half-arsing it. Doesn't sound like the kind of attitude we want at the club. I think Jack is very focused on the personalities in the squad, not sure Ryan would be a good fit given reports from yesterday.

You would think he would at least miss the penalty . . no wait. .:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not saying I approve, but I wonder if he's huffing because they've slapped a slightly unrealistic price tag on his head and he wants out. Now, throwing your toys out isn't the answer, but it's a plausible explanation.

Of course, playing badly against one of your rumoured suitors would surely help to drive your price down :ph34r: (but would also put that suitor off buying you.)

 

Completely agree with all of the above, however: he should have played out of his skin and made us find a way to get that cheque written. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

To be fair, he did have a bad day at the office. That being said, if he was to sign and Sutton went, I'd still be hoping for another forward as we're currently requiring a forward with Sutton in the squad. Sutton being moved on means for my liking we need two. Especially if we're going on the basis that Reilly needs someone to work up top with. 

At the moment we have Sutton, Reilly, Hilson and Smith who are all strikers, although Smith is more of a second striker and Hilson looks more of a wide option. Depends on whether Jack is going with two up front or just the one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Soctty said:

At the moment we have Sutton, Reilly, Hilson and Smith who are all strikers, although Smith is more of a second striker and Hilson looks more of a wide option. Depends on whether Jack is going with two up front or just the one. 

If Reilly is playing , it has to be 2 up top. On what I've witnessed so far , I doubt he can play the loan striker role.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Reilly will score goals, but as has been said many times, he isn't the type to thrive in a lone role. Needs someone beside him or at least in the same area, to give support.

A younger, more mobile version of Sutton perhaps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...