Gary Mac - Year Extension

He may be more inclined to sign for another year when we win the Championship. Great news indeedy. To win anything you need a few exceptional players in the squad. Gary is one of them.

Welcome back Gary!

10 minutes ago, div said:

Great to have the big man back for another year.

I'm going to put a fiver on him to score anytime every single week next season :D

We could put the £2 SMiSA spend on him every week :)

From OS ...

St Mirren Football Club is delighted to announce that Gary MacKenzie has signed a one-year contract extension.

The defender became a fans favourite after signing last summer - making 37 starts for the Buddies.

As well as proving to be a solid defender, the 31 year-old showed he was a threat up the other end of the park also as he scored 5 goals.

Speaking to stmirren.com, Gary said: "I think the way that the club is going, particularly the second half of the season, it was an easy decision to make in that way.

I wanted to be here, the club wanted me to be here and we just had to brush up on a few things. It was never in any doubt in my mind. 

"I'm delighted that it is done and I'm hoping we can continue the momentum from the second part of the season. 

"I believe that we should be looking to get promoted. Simple as that.

"I said towards the end of last season with the belief and the quality within our team we didn't fear anybody and there's no reason why can't go into next season with that mentality."

Very pleased about GMac re-signing, had a real fear a premiership club would make him an offer he couldnt refuse. Sounds like he got the club to sharpen their pencil a bit on the deal, good man. Again though at age 31 i would have thought any player would bite your hand off for a two year deal? But at least he will be there at the heart of the defence next season.