Manchester Explosion

shull

My daughter will be 14 next week. That's who was the target here, teenage girls. Not an enemy army but children. How brave do those attackers feel toaday. For all the families hurting this morning, you are in the thoughts of so many people.

It's at times like this that we need to let the b@st@rds know they can't invoke fear. My heart goes out to all affected by it. I have a real concern that the media are playing into the culprits hands by concentrating too much on the incident. Publicity is exactly what they want. Normality is their big fear.

Gaining access to an arena in possession of a bomb, massive security failure even if it was strapped to his body.

ETA seemed the bomber entered a foyer that was a waiting area for people to be picked up after an event which makes a bit more sense.

Edited by Ayrshire Saints

You have to wonder what goes through the minds of these people to walk among innocent people, many children, looking into their eyes, their smiling faces and detonate a bomb.

Such a tragedy for the people killed and injured and the families and friends, still trying to locate missing family members or friends.

Also such a shame that racists jump onto this to spread their version of things.

Just read a sickening post on Facebook, had to resist the urge to answer as their is no point.

No easy answer I'm afraid, absolute cnuts exist in every walk of life, the authorities can only do their best.

Sad, very very sad.

Answers???

lets see who the bomber is eventually linked to, but in the interim.

stop invading, influencing and backing regimes in the middle east. We (the west) have f**ked up everywhere we have left a footprint. We created ISIS in Iraq, we sponsored Various terrorist groups we are now fighting, we sowed the seeds of extremism.

those guilty of attrocities need to be identified, tried and held to account, whether dead or alive, their parents, children, brothers, sisters, cousins, neighbours need to be shown exactly what they have done, and the hurt, pain, and grief they have brought on innocent people. Make sure those closest to terrorists are fully informed, and captured terrorists need to be fully informed on the shame, hurt and bewilderment their actions have brought to their relatives.

7 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Answers???

lets see who the bomber is eventually linked to, but in the interim.

stop invading, influencing and backing regimes in the middle east. We (the west) have f**ked up everywhere we have left a footprint. We created ISIS in Iraq, we sponsored Various terrorist groups we are now fighting, we sowed the seeds of extremism.

those guilty of attrocities need to be identified, tried and held to account, whether dead or alive, their parents, children, brothers, sisters, cousins, neighbours need to be shown exactly what they have done, and the hurt, pain, and grief they have brought on innocent people. Make sure those closest to terrorists are fully informed, and captured terrorists need to be fully informed on the shame, hurt and bewilderment their actions have brought to their relatives.

Sorry?

Are you saying that innocent people should be "shown exactly" what a terrorist has done or are you assuming they were involved?

Don't you think they already know what has happened?

Don't you think they feel shame and hurt, more than Joe Public?

FFS! 

As a father of a 13 year old daughter who is a huge fan of Ariana Grande, wanted to go to this concert and has several friends who did go (all safe thankfully), I am heartbroken when I think of parents who will have lost their children, or children who will have lost parents. All so senseless and unnecessary.

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Sorry?

Are you saying that innocent people should be "shown exactly" what a terrorist has done or are you assuming they were involved?

Don't you think they already know what has happened?

Don't you think they feel shame and hurt, more than Joe Public?

FFS! 

It has been extensively established that those who perpetrate these attrocities do not take account of how it will affect their familes in the aftermath, and it is in many cases only then that the perpetrators show any remorse. When they see, feel the grief and hurt they have brought on their own, their extremeism diminishes.

And it is the words, actions and thoughts of those closest to these animals that help dissuade others from following suit. When i say 'shown exactly' i certainly do not mean grotesque images of an atrocity, I mean shown the effect their relatives actions has had on victims/survivors families and  communities.

to stop, prevent young people being radicalised to carry out this barbarism, we need to ensure they see the whole picture, the aftermath and everyone it affects, not just the pish some cowardly cleric has put in their head.

you might want, especially on a day like to day, pause and reflect before jumping to idiotic conclusions for some sick point scoring.

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

It has been extensively established that those who perpetrate these attrocities do not take account of how it will affect their familes in the aftermath, and it is in many cases only then that the perpetrators show any remorse. When they see, feel the grief and hurt they have brought on their own, their extremeism diminishes.

And it is the words, actions and thoughts of those closest to these animals that help dissuade others from following suit. When i say 'shown exactly' i certainly do not mean grotesque images of an atrocity, I mean shown the effect their relatives actions has had on victims/survivors families and  communities.

to stop, prevent young people being radicalised to carry out this barbarism, we need to ensure they see the whole picture, the aftermath and everyone it affects, not just the pish some cowardly cleric has put in their head.

you might want, especially on a day like to day, pause and reflect before jumping to idiotic conclusions for some sick point scoring.

You might care to explain your posts before showing, what came across as, a disturbing view.

Maybe in your head, your first post made sense, not to me.

Point scoring?

I'll leave that to you.

Again, the emergency services showed they are superb.

Very quick response time, the number of ambulances & police that were on the scene very quickly shows the bravery of all involved as it's not uncommon for further devices to be detonated in these scenarios.

Oh, also the people of Manchester have been superb.

Looking after people, taxis giving free lifts to people and getting on with life this morning despite the horror that happened.

Edited by faraway saint

15 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You might care to explain your posts before showing, what came across as, a disturbing view.

Maybe in your head, your first post made sense, not to me.

Point scoring?

I'll leave that to you.

Yeah thanks for the apology...

l am not unique, I have a sister who on her way to join the rest of her family at a funeral was on one of the 7/7 tube trains and was lucky to come out of that tunnel alive, I was minutes away, randomly 'not chosen' from suffering the fate two young soldiers did as they were almost cut in two by an IRA ambush in Germany several years ago. 

There will always be people who have evil intent, in any walk of life, religion, culture. What is important is to see the evil as an individual issue, not as something everyone of that ethnic, religious, cultural group supports. Did we tarnish everyone from Leeds who supports Brexit etc when Jo Cox was murdered by one sick individual? But we have to be able to convince others that targetting a community, culture, religion, political viewpoint as all being guilty is exactly what terrorists, and specifically the cowards who stay in the background and instigate these attacks want.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

You have to wonder what goes through the minds of these people to walk among innocent people, many children, looking into their eyes, their smiling faces and detonate a bomb.

Such a tragedy for the people killed and injured and the families and friends, still trying to locate missing family members or friends.

Also such a shame that racists jump onto this to spread their version of things.

Just read a sickening post on Facebook, had to resist the urge to answer as their is no point.

No easy answer I'm afraid, absolute cnuts exist in every walk of life, the authorities can only do their best.

Sad, very very sad.

This.

This is just horrible, when I read this first thing this morning my first thoughts were that this heinous terrorist attack was 'designed' for teenagers and children.

I have a 12 year old girl, who knows if this concert had been in Glasgow she may very well have been there.

I know this is what they (the terrorists) want but I am genuinely scared for the future.  

1 minute ago, RichardBuddie said:

This is just horrible, when I read this first thing this morning my first thoughts were that this heinous terrorist attack was 'designed' for teenagers and children.

I have a 12 year old girl, who knows if this concert had been in Glasgow she may very well have been there.

I know this is what they (the terrorists) want but I am genuinely scared for the future.  

Your reaction is understandable but the attached link, while aimed at children, provides a lot of good ways to look, discuss and deal with these issues.

https://uk.yahoo.com/style/talk-children-terrorism-manchester-attack-090356325.html

20 minutes ago, RichardBuddie said:

I completely understand the last sentence. There are people who are determined to bring the conflicts occurring in other countries to the towns and cities of the countries they perceive to be behind these conflicts. Unfortunately, there are far too many of these people for us to watch them effectively.

Declaring a war on terror was a boneheaded thing to do, no western power or coalition ever seems to back the right regime when they meddle in the affairs of others, there probably never is a "right" regime or cause in the first place. There are seeds already sown that guarantee these events will continue for decades.

I recall reading an article around 35 years ago that predicted that the troubles stored in the Arab region would boil over and consume the West, sadly this has come to be true and still the West stokes proxy wars in poverty stricken regions.  I don't see anyone learning.

9 minutes ago, thepaisleypanda said:

You have to wonder what security will be like at the 2 cup finals this weekend? Plus Cardiff on the 3rd of june.

Agree , however last night's attack was set off as kids were leaving so the scum was not inside the gig. How do security count for that.