Magennis Extension

14 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
35 minutes ago, munoz said:
He's contracted till June 2021. Hibs better get their cash out if this is to happen.  

I reckon they'd get him for around £250 - 300k plus sell on. Which could be worth £1.5 - 2m I time. Emphasis on the word 'Could'

There's absolutely no danger they would accept £300k for him at this stage but I do believe they could get him on the relative cheap. I think £750k - 1 million with a sell-on would do it. 

In saying that, I think that would price a team like Hibs out right now. They likely have a fair rebuild in front of them and that money on one player would be too much I'd say. 

At 21-y-o Magennis is already past the prodigy stage in footballing terms, if he goes the fee will be determined on whatever his current form demands - just a speculative filler story during an international break.
The stats websites value him around £300k. Not much to go on, but it reflects the standard that a player has played at so far.
Not what standard he might achieve in the future.

On 5/23/2017 at 9:23 PM, foxbar_bud said:

Reckon there's even more to come from Kyle next year. Can't wait to see him developing into a top player.

I do like Kyle as a player...  but he must become more effective if we are to kick on over the rest of this season. I am not saying he is playing rubbish, just that he can play better and we need that more often. 

The down side of that would be that more clubs would look at him. The up side is his value would increase.

19 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:
Can’t see Kyle being here past the summer, so a January move is possible if the price is right.

Might be pressure to accept a seeming low ball offer after the accounts come out at the agm?

Possibly. The thing is Kyle hasn’t exactly been brilliant so far this season, so if anything like 250K-300K comes in the board may be inclined to take it while they can. 

Kyle is on a decent contract and that will price the likes of Hibs out of it for him this coming window even if we wanted to sell (we clearly don't). I'm not sure Kyle is in a rush to move on either. He hasn't exactly been in sparkling form this season. Why some folk are so permanently pessimistic when it comes to anything connected to the club is beyond me.  I assume they must just be like that is all aspects of their life !

Kyle is on a decent contract and that will price the likes of Hibs out of it for him this coming window even if we wanted to sell (we clearly don't). I'm not sure Kyle is in a rush to move on either. He hasn't exactly been in sparkling form this season. Why some folk are so permanently pessimistic when it comes to anything connected to the club is beyond me.  I assume they must just be like that is all aspects of their life !
I would imagine Hibs could and would pay him more than us. They have a wealthy backer as well as a very strong fan support/funding group.
As always it's not what the club does or does not want... its the player who is control of who he plays for.
If Kyle wants to go to Hibs, he will and the club, like any club will have to make the best of it.

Re your last line... so now football fans on a football fans forum cant talk about the bleeding obvious possibility that a player who has been watched by several clubs may go elsewhere because that's negative???

Well I guess Goody and Tony F are S negative as me then. Lol

4 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:
4 hours ago, munoz said:
He's contracted till June 2021. Hibs better get their cash out if this is to happen.  

I reckon they'd get him for around £250 - 300k plus sell on. Which could be worth £1.5 - 2m I time. Emphasis on the word 'Could'

If (BIG) he was to leave in the January window,  I'd hope for a deal with add ons  similar to the John McGinn deal. 

I know Kyle hasn't hit the heights consistently this season,  but still looks like a very good prospect with far more to come with age. 

If (BIG) he was to leave in the January window,  I'd hope for a deal with add ons  similar to the John McGinn deal. 
I know Kyle hasn't hit the heights consistently this season,  but still looks like a very good prospect with far more to come with age. 
Maybe it his teammates and club that are the problem? He is still be picked for the u21's national side.
He has seen Ross come & go then the clusterf**k appointments/sackings of Stubbs then Oran. Now Goody is coming up short.
Might feel for his own development it's time to move on? Could anyone blame him?

20 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

I would imagine Hibs could and would pay him more than us. They have a wealthy backer as well as a very strong fan support/funding group.
As always it's not what the club does or does not want... its the player who is control of who he plays for.
If Kyle wants to go to Hibs, he will and the club, like any club will have to make the best of it.

Re your last line... so now football fans on a football fans forum cant talk about the bleeding obvious possibility that a player who has been watched by several clubs may go elsewhere because that's negative???

Well I guess Goody and Tony F are S negative as me then. Lol

In this instance the player will only go if a) he wants to (no indication from anyone bar you he does)  b) if a buyer matches our valuation which should be considerable given his contract and c) if we choose to sell.

We will see who's right come the end of January but I am pretty confident Kyle will not be a Hibs player then although you seem confident he will be.

On 11/21/2019 at 7:17 AM, Cornwall_Saint said:

Possibly. The thing is Kyle hasn’t exactly been brilliant so far this season, so if anything like 250K-300K comes in the board may be inclined to take it while they can. 

Agreed. Hasn't been on top form since coming back from injury. Plays better in his own position though and when a good wide player is in the team.

Wouldn't sell him until he returns to form and would hold out for a better offer.

Edited by magnus

Like any young player looking to build a career playing football, Kyle will be looking to raise his profile. A move to Hibs would do that for him. Unfortunately his form this season hasn't been the best, but Jack Ross may be thinking that he can turn that round, as he got good performances from Kyle when he managed him previously.

The fly in the ointment for Hibs is Kyle's lengthy contract. How much could they afford to pay for him? I think they'd be happy to get him for around £300k, as someone has suggested above. So, it would be down to our board to reject or accept such a bid. I think they'd take it rather than have an unhappy player on their books.

11 minutes ago, pondsman said:

Like any young player looking to build a career playing football, Kyle will be looking to raise his profile. A move to Hibs would do that for him. Unfortunately his form this season hasn't been the best, but Jack Ross may be thinking that he can turn that round, as he got good performances from Kyle when he managed him previously.

The fly in the ointment for Hibs is Kyle's lengthy contract. How much could they afford to pay for him? I think they'd be happy to get him for around £300k, as someone has suggested above. So, it would be down to our board to reject or accept such a bid. I think they'd take it rather than have an unhappy player on their books.

Is Kyle unhappy? He is a Saints supporter. He can do way better than Hibs. Paper talk.

Edited by magnus

In this instance the player will only go if a) he wants to (no indication from anyone bar you he does)  B) if a buyer matches our valuation which should be considerable given his contract and c) if we choose to sell.
We will see who's right come the end of January but I am pretty confident Kyle will not be a Hibs player then although you seem confident he will be.
Didn't I say he'll go if he wants to?
And the club will take the offer on the table as they will need the cash to balance the books. Yes it will ge sweetened by the prospect of a healthy sell on clause, but the leverage is with Kyle.
If he believes that smfc in its current state is not going to help his career flourish then he'll take a move to Hibs or whoever comes in with a higher profile.
The Hibs board would love to repeat the business they did with MMcGinn.this is realty.
Bigger worry would be if Vaclav is tempted to go early to sevco after signing his pca, that could mean the difference between survival and the drop.

And the club will take the offer on the table as they will need the cash to balance the books. Yes it will ge sweetened by the prospect of a healthy sell on clause, but the leverage is with Kyle.
If he believes that smfc in its current state is not going to help his career flourish then he'll take a move to Hibs or whoever comes in with a higher profile.
The Hibs board would love to repeat the business they did with MMcGinn.this is realty.
Bigger worry would be if Vaclav is tempted to go early to sevco after signing his pca, that could mean the difference between survival and the drop.
The bit about a "considerable offer" doesn't stack up. Bit like McLean, McGinn, Mallan, McAllister etc.... arguably they all showed more potential than Kyle, but we didn't pass £300k on any of their initial fees, and it would appear there is no sell clause coming for any of them.

11 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
15 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

The bit about a "considerable offer" doesn't stack up. Bit like McLean, McGinn, Mallan, McAllister etc.... arguably they all showed more potential than Kyle, but we didn't pass £300k on any of their initial fees, and it would appear there is no sell clause coming for any of them.

The players mentioned, leaving the club was heavily controlled by the expiry of their contracts/ agreements in place. 

McLean - Gentleman's agreement regarding value of incoming bids

McGinn - Contract expired, the deal with a hefty sell-on stopped a tribunal getting involved, we risked losing him for nothing if we priced Hibs out & he decided to go to USA

Mallan - Would have been able to leave for nothing the following summer

McAllister - Didn't sign a new contract, we ran the risk of getting very little for him if we kept hold & the development fee wouldn't have been massive for a player at his age

Don't get me wrong, if we are talking about him in the summer, I can see him going for a Mallan level fee because we'd get nothing the following summer. But with three full windows before that scenario, there is no danger he'll go for £300k in January. 

Edited by bazil85

8 hours ago, magnus said:

Is Kyle unhappy? He is a Saints supporter. He can do way better than Hibs. Paper talk.

Maybe he can do better than Hibs, but it didn’t work out too badly for John McGinn.

7 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Depends on two things really.

- What price outbids our survival according to the board

- How much longer can Vaclav handle playing brilliantly and getting so little reward for it when he’s let down by the players in front of him. Perhaps doing it for just another 20ish games will be okay, or perhaps he’ll have had enough of it.

I think Kyle has been unlucky this season so far. He has had a number of efforts of posts and crossbar. Just needed a few of them to go in. In my opinion on his day he is the best player we currently have at the club and should be doing everything to try and keep him just now. Hopefully he hits a J McGinn run of luck/form if played in a similar position with a bit more freedom and then we could be looking at a healthy transfer fee in the future.

How dim are you? Do you work for the tory party pr machine shitting out fake news?

It may have escaped your dimwittery but I'll let you into a secret to try and help you out. everyone knows we got a sell on for McGinn. But keep it under your hat!

You went to all that trouble to find articles to try and disprove something LPM just made up to wind folk up?

He’s making a right mug out of you cockless!

One born every minute

:1eye

Here’s laughing at you! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Oh no, loon ball and #thichasfcuk are ganging up on me. [emoji23]

Just to clarify as obviously some folk can't read, the stories are about the sell on fees we will receive.

Please note the word fees, yeah the stories mention not just the initial payment but the future payments we'll receive.

The ones that some folk have written don't exist.

There is no Sell on, sell on, sell on fee. That would just be bonkers. You can only agree a sell on with the club you sell to!
Apparently there may be a small development fee in McGinn's case if he moves again, but even that is something no one has conclusively confirmed.

But fellel free to keep looking a diddy.