Magennis Extension

19 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

If the agreement you make with the club you sell to stipulates that you receive x% of all the profit they make from the player then, if that club then has a sell on clause when they sell the player, you are due to receive x% of whatever they get from that sell on clause on top of the x% you received when they originally sold the player - assuming they sold for a profit. If the agreement states that you receive x% of their initial sale profit then that's all you get. It all depends on how it is worded. Do you know how it was worded in any of these cases?

Thank you for cutting to the chase. Now that you have posted something that he can have no response to, he’ll do one of two things. He’ll either go off to talk pish on another topic, waiting for this post if yours to slip a few pages down the thread before coming back and spouting the same pish again on this thread. Or, depending on how twatish he’s feeling, he might just continue to post shite on this thread pretending that your post doesn’t exist. The one thing he won’t do is respond saying, “that’s a good point Slarti. I hadn’t thought about it that way and given that neither of us know the details of his contract I guess we’ll just need to wait and see what happens.”.

21 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

There is no Fellelon, fellelon, fellelon free.   That would just be bonkers. You can only agree a fellelon with the club you fell to!
Apparently there may be a small development free in McGinn's case if he moves again, but even that is something no one has conclusively confirmed.

But fellel free to keep looking a diddy.

I really should put a check on my unmitigated childishness...  :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I think it's getting to the point where we have to accept that Kyle might be one of those players whose career is going to be plagued by injury.

LPM will be on shortly to say the board were wrong to extend his contract.

Smashing young footballer. Hope he makes a full recovery and goes on to play for Saints for many more seasons. 

Really bad news, gutted for him.

We seem to be having a season where all our injuries come in the one area of the pitch, central defence before the break, and now wide midfield, with the two Kyle's and possibly Durmus out, and McGrath also not playing on Wednesday. At least the transfer window is still open if we need to strengthen.

Edited by Hendo

Guest TPAFKATS
We seem to be having a season where all our injuries come in the one area of the pitch, central defence before the break, and now wide midfield, with the two Kyle's and possibly Durmus out, and McGrath also not playing on Wednesday. At least the transfer window is still open if we need to strengthen.
I blame junior mendes

3 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Shows the benefit of having a decent size squad. I also think the guys are putting in a tough physical shift every game just to stay competitive.

6 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I think it's getting to the point where we have to accept that Kyle might be one of those players whose career is going to be plagued by injury.

LPM will be on shortly to say the board were wrong to extend his contract.

Sadly that does seem to be the case with the amount of games he has missed in the last 2 seasons. 

On the bright side, he will likely be our player for as long as we want now since other teams may well be wary of signing him in the future. 

I wish him well and hopefully he gets a injury free pre season. 

2 hours ago, Tommy said:

Sadly that does seem to be the case with the amount of games he has missed in the last 2 seasons. 

On the bright side, he will likely be our player for as long as we want now since other teams may well be wary of signing him in the future. 

I wish him well and hopefully he gets a injury free pre season. 

A cruciate injury probably means he'll be out at least 9 months, reckon it'll be the autumn before he's back.

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

That's a bit sick really ffs.
Probably our best player over the last few seasons. He will he a big miss

To be fair LPM, you may be miss reading what the previous poster said. Magennis is a quality player and shows the potential to be a top class one. He has suffered his share of injuries though and I think that the point being made is that perhaps we need to accept that he might be prone to injury. I hope not for his sake and the club. 

Guest TPAFKATS
I worked with his dad offshore on the Aoka Mizu FPSO John is a staunch Celtic man so I assume Kyle might be too,irrelevant really but a big loss to the club and a big impact on the young lads career,hopefully he’ll come back stronger
Don't think he'll be a "staunch" celtic man [emoji1]