End of feel-good factor?

The Aberdeen job, if it becomes available, is one of these strange jobs where the only place you can go is backwards.

Aberdeen continue to secure 2nd places in the league but couldn't complete with Ronnie Deila's Celtic for a title over a league campaign never mind the current mob. If Hearts, Hibs, Rangers get it together (big ifs) then you can only be sucked back towards the pack.

Ok

Lets put this to bed--- Here  is the way it pans out

2016-2017 JR Saves us picking up 35pts in 22 games and a Cup Final

2017-2018 JR wins Championship

2018-2019- JR Wins Premiership

2019- Rodgers SACKED

2019- JR Turns down Tic job and signs new 5 year deal , given budget of £8m and we qualify to CL Group Stages

IF TONY CARLSBERG FITZPATRICK DID FOOTBALL (OH HE DOES!!!)

42 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Ok

2019- Rodgers SACKED

2019- JR Turns down Tic job and signs new 5 year deal , given budget of £8m and we qualify to CL Group Stages

You forget if he is successful the St Mirren tradition is to sack him! (Fergie, Jim Clunie Alex Smith etc.) So it should read bagged in 2019 :P

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Ok

2019- Rodgers SACKED

Joking apart though, I would be very disappointed if our manager did not have ambition to take us to the Premiership and then bust his arse trying to win the title.

I hope he has that conversation with every player he tries to sign and that all players who are recruited come in with that attitude as well.

Otherwise what is the point?

Obviously would rather he didn't actually talk about that in public. Instead he should have his side demonstrate their intent on the pitch.

If Jack takes us up this season and has us challenging anywhere near the top of the Premiership, playing exciting football with our budget then he will be able to pick and choose his next club.

We might want to settle in and enjoy this next couple of seasons. It might be special. Very special indeed.

Edited by oaksoft

Totally Oak

Usually its one man that turns a club, a leader and others follow...

Fergie , Hendrie and Jack with us.... Rodgers at Tic and Conte at Chelsea....

We know what can be achieved if u get it right- Look at the Fakes- a perfect example of what good management, good recruiting and good tactics can do... that's our aim..

I just feel and see we are going in the same direction.... Jack was first to say we are not celebrating 7th.... its the lessons learned from Danny departure to Jacks recruitment..

Winning any championship is never easy, look at Sevco in 2015........ 

Be interesting to see if United can get up, if they don't I make them , Bairns, Caley favs for top 3...., however as long as we continue to improve, stop conceding soft goals and keep scoring lots of goals we have every chance of this being a cracking season

On ‎24‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 6:02 PM, Callum Gilhooley said:

I dont know what would attract anyone to the Sunderland job. Tin pot Club with delusions of Grandeur and debt that would drag down some small countries. They also attract some f**kin wierdo fans.

Oi!!!!  I hope that was only a reference to a certain fat pipe fitter.

This club is a disgrace - getting quality business done early - signing players with talent and a desire to get better - having a strong squad before June - a full pre season to get the new players to blend - not waiting to August just before the window closes.

this is not the St Mirren way - I demand to be miserable again !!!!

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 5:11 PM, northstbuddie said:

Was it too good to last?

Derek McInnes is the bookies favourite to take over at Sunderland.

If there is a vacancy at Aberdeen, what's the chance of JR doing a 'Fergie' and moving on to Pittodrie?

Can St Mirren do anything to stop this from happening or should we just accept the inevitable?

Far too soon as far as I can see. JR has done a fantastic job but I expect they will be wanting a bigger name (more fool them).

On 5/24/2017 at 5:11 PM, northstbuddie said:

Was it too good to last?

Derek McInnes is the bookies favourite to take over at Sunderland.

If there is a vacancy at Aberdeen, what's the chance of JR doing a 'Fergie' and moving on to Pittodrie?

Can St Mirren do anything to stop this from happening or should we just accept the inevitable?

The above comment would have made a decent post in the speculation thread.  Please read said thread and use it in future.

On 5/26/2017 at 4:38 PM, Liverpool Bud said:

This club is a disgrace - getting quality business done early - signing players with talent and a desire to get better - having a strong squad before June - a full pre season to get the new players to blend - not waiting to August just before the window closes.

this is not the St Mirren way - I demand to be miserable again !!!!

We are in a similar-ish position to the previous close season... we finished the season in the kind of form which would see us up in the play off places after spending the bulk of the season aiming to avoid relegation.  The team's resurgence was built around a more cohesive and attacking style of football and Jack Ross has galvanised the support with whom he has become a hero in contrast to how Alex Rae and his team performed their own great escape the year before.

We've sold another one of our best players in Mallan an d could also lose Morgan during this window once it opens.

So far our signings have been:

Ross Stewart, 22 year old goalkeeper signed from Albion Rovers - could be an improvement over O' Brien

Jordan Kirkpatrick, 25 year old midfielder signed from Alloa Athletic, nominated for League One Player Of The Year.

Gregor Buchanan, 27 year old defender signed from Dumbarton, stepping up to full time football quite late in the day (similar age to when Agnew tried the transition)

Ross Stewart, 22 year old forward signed from Albion Rovers and described by James Fowler as a "work in progress".

Evan Horne, 18 year old midfielder signed from Dunfermline U20s (possibly for our own U20s)

Cammy Smith,  22 year old striker, signed from Aberdeen after a good loan spell with us.

7 hours ago, Dave The Buddie said:

It will be extremely unlikely that McInnes will get the Sunderland job. If he did I have no doubt Tommy Wright at St Johnstone would be the overwhelming favourite to bag the job.

Which would leave the Fake's job open.................

Edited by Bud the Baker

Not sure if Aberdeen would be looking at someone like Jack IF McInnes was to leave as they would likely be looking at someone with more experience.

That being said, if Sunderland think McInnes would be the guy to take them back to the EPL then they'll deserve every moment of the continued slide toward Portsmouth-esque oblivion that seems to be coming their way.

Can I ask why you think that?

I believe he has a genuine affection for St Mirren and it would only enhance his growing reputation if he built St Mirren into an established top league team again. I expect that he'll leave in a few years time but will mean he's been successful with us in the meantime.

14 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

It's no longer speculation Tedious Tom.
Dundee are sniffing about.
Watch this space!

Well to be fair, speculation is precisely what it is at this point. Paper talk, much of it from a paper which is renowned for lying and making things up...