Welcome on board Jordan

From OS. (I like the comments from both guys).

St Mirren are delighted to confirm the signing of goalkeeper Ross Stewart and midfielder Jordan Kirkpatrick.

The pair have signed two-year deals with the Buddies and become the latest to join Jack Ross’ side.

22 year-old Stewart began his career at Motherwell before spending the last two seasons with League One side Albion Rovers.

He has been capped by Scotland at U17, 18 and 19 levels and makes the move back to full time football.

Speaking on the move, Stewart said: "I’ve been looking forward to this for a while. There were talks with Albion, the gaffer and myself and I’ve been dying to get it done and get in.

"It’s a great club. Seeing how hungry the gaffer and the coaching staff are for success and where they want the club to be sold the move to me as well.”

Meanwhile, Kirkpatrick joins from Alloa Athletic where he has impressed last season.

The 25 year-old scored 17 goals from midfield during the 2016/17 campaign and earned a nomination for League One Player of the Year.

Kirkpatrick said: "I’m on cloud nine right now. To get back to a full time environment and work like a manager like Jack is brilliant.

"It was really the only club I wanted to come to. If I had the chance to get back with Jack I was going to take it in a second."

6 minutes ago, pod said:

Think Jordan has worked along side Jack before.

At both Dumbarton and Alloa where he had arguably his best two seasons. He lost form when Jack moved on at the sons. 

Dumbarton fans on pie and bovril saying he'll fit in well to an attacking side. 

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

At both Dumbarton and Alloa where he had arguably his best two seasons. He lost form when Jack moved on at the sons. 

Dumbarton fans on pie and bovril saying he'll fit in well to an attacking side. 

He was featured on Alba's half time slot in the game against Brechin. From memory he was highly regarded and then almost drifted out the game. He came across as a young man that appreciated he had been given another chance. Described himself as a defensive midfielder that knew he should score more. Welcome on board Jordan.

7 minutes ago, magnus said:

He was featured on Alba's half time slot in the game against Brechin. From memory he was highly regarded and then almost drifted out the game. He came across as a young man that appreciated he had been given another chance. Described himself as a defensive midfielder that knew he should score more. Welcome on board Jordan.

You sure? He bagged 17 goals last season. 

Maybe you couldn't understand his gaelic! :lol:

Judging by the stats he was terrific last season and was on the shortlist for League One player of the year. From that it looks a good move :)

There is talent in the lower leagues and I'm glad to see us bringing some if it on board.

Under Murray and Rae so many signings were past-their-best Premier League players: Webster, Langfield, Clarkson, Quinn etc.

It's nice to see that, with JR, there's much more of a focus on players who are hungry to succeed and whose careers are on upward trajectories. It started with Magennis and McAllister getting a chance and continued with the likes of O'Brien, Smith and Todd. Stewart and Kirkpatrick are in that bracket as well.

1 hour ago, magnus said:

He was featured on Alba's half time slot in the game against Brechin. 

.... in which Jack Ross was providing analysis. At the start of the game, he picked out Waters rather than Kirkpatrick as Alloa's player to watch. Obviously, he didn't want to point anyone in Jordan's direction!

36 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

Under Murray and Rae so many signings were past-their-best Premier League players: Webster, Langfield, Clarkson, Quinn etc.

It's nice to see that, with JR, there's much more of a focus on players who are hungry to succeed and whose careers are on upward trajectories. It started with Magennis and McAllister getting a chance and continued with the likes of O'Brien, Smith and Todd. Stewart and Kirkpatrick are in that bracket as well.

Spot on.