Kenny McLean

Being reported in the papers that Rangers offered £300k for McLean. Aberdeen paid around £200k, have made him a better player and a Scotland cap and Rangers think they can get him for only £100k extra :lol:

Being reported in the papers that Rangers offered £300k for McLean. Aberdeen paid around £200k, have made him a better player and a Scotland cap and Rangers think they can get him for only £100k extra :lol:

They're dirty low life scum. Trying to undercut everyone because they're skint.

Really?
McLean was playing in the same league and was outstanding at the time.  Indeed, I am sure in the lead up to his transfer he was averaging more goals per game for a team fighting relegation than he has done for Aberdeen.
I can't see any argument that he is 5 or 6 times the player now than he was then. 

Will be happy if this is true, but its also another example of Saints getting shafted on transfer fees while others can manage to get a fair fee.  Hibs no doubt will do well out of McGinn too.

Here here very true bottom line like McGimn should never have been allowed to leave for pish money. Makes you wonder if there were other payments made directly to individuals bank accounts.....

43 minutes ago, weddy said:

Here here very true bottom line like McGimn should never have been allowed to leave for pish money. Makes you wonder if there were other payments made directly to individuals bank accounts.....

Anyone you would care to name?

7 hours ago, weddy said:

:wacko:

Pretty slanderous innuendo to be made in pubic. Hope you have something to back it up.

10 hours ago, weddy said:

Who did Wendy post under before ? Keep digging see where it lands you. 

The transfer fee stuff never ceases to amaze me.

McGinn was out of contract. We were hardly in the best negotiating position!

And it wasnt Barcelona he signed for. He went to a Championship club!

McLean had 6 months left on his contract. A contract he only signed because no-one was prepared to pay any transfer fee at all for him.

Yet folk still bang on as though Gilmour and co under sold our players!

2 minutes ago, mcdowell76 said:

The transfer fee stuff never ceases to amaze me.

McGinn was out of contract. We were hardly in the best negotiating position!

And it wasnt Barcelona he signed for. He went to a Championship club!

McLean had 6 months left on his contract. A contract he only signed because no-one was prepared to pay any transfer fee at all for him.

Yet folk still bang on as though Gilmour and co under sold our players!

McLean had 18 months left on his deal but I do agree with you. We had a duty to let him go as per what was agreed when he signed. If we had refused then no player would trust the clubs word again. 

39 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

McLean had 18 months left on his deal but I do agree with you. We had a duty to let him go as per what was agreed when he signed. If we had refused then no player would trust the clubs word again. 

ok, i stand corrected

but the fact is that he only stayed because no one else wanted him

we had a striker injury crisis, he played up front and started scoring goals and got noticed

up until that point, McLean was getting stick from folk on this board ffs

3 minutes ago, mcdowell76 said:

up until that point, McLean was getting stick from fuds on this board ffs

FIFY.

My issue with the McLean sale was the preposterous 'gentlemen's agreement' pish. This is the 21st Century, FFS. After the deal went through, I sent a telegram to Gilmour and challenged him to duel on account of him upsetting my sensibilities with the sale, but he declined, citing a bad case of tympany<_<

Oh, and the timing was absolutely horrendous. I'm guessing there might have been an option (gentlemen's agreement permitting) for McLean to have signed a PCA with Aberdeen and remain for the season - just as Broadfoot did. Hell, we might even have stayed up!

Anyway, all that is history....(albeit, some of it verging on pre-history).

FIFY.
My issue with the McLean sale was the preposterous 'gentlemen's agreement' pish. This is the 21st Century, FFS. After the deal went through, I sent a telegram to Gilmour and challenged him to duel on account of him upsetting my sensibilities with the sale, but he declined, citing a bad case of tympany<_> Oh, and the timing was absolutely horrendous. I'm guessing there might have been an option (gentlemen's agreement permitting) for McLean to have signed a PCA with Aberdeen and remain for the season - just as Broadfoot did. Hell, we might even have stayed up!
Anyway, all that is history....(albeit, some of it verging on pre-history).

Players can only sign a PCA once they enter the last 6 months of their contract.