Kenny McLean

11 hours ago, renfrew said:

Aberdeen may try and sell him in January but they may find he might just run down his contract, so ensuring a bigger signing on fee from his new club. Sadly the same could happen to us with Morgan :(

The same can't happen with Morgan as any club agreeing a PCA with Morgan would need to pay us compensation due to his age. The value of that is worked out against a table set by FIFA, so clubs will have to pay us irrespective (think the figure is circa £300k). I don't think clubs will want to leave it to chance on Morgan as he won't be short of suitors and would probably like him signed up quickly, which is why I think that we might get an offer in January for amount similar to compensation due, but with clauses that suit us around sell-ons/appearances etc

53 minutes ago, madball said:

The same can't happen with Morgan as any club agreeing a PCA with Morgan would need to pay us compensation due to his age. The value of that is worked out against a table set by FIFA, so clubs will have to pay us irrespective (think the figure is circa £300k). I don't think clubs will want to leave it to chance on Morgan as he won't be short of suitors and would probably like him signed up quickly, which is why I think that we might get an offer in January for amount similar to compensation due, but with clauses that suit us around sell-ons/appearances etc

You are right of course about us getting compensation for Moran but don't think it will be any where near 300K since he had only been with us a few years after leaving Rangers. Even if we were to get a dozen offers for him in January, he might not fancy any of the clubs that want him and like McLean could just run his contract down.

5 minutes ago, saintargyll said:

Did McInnes not sign a new deal at the beginning of this season?

Dont think Rankgers can afford to pay off pedro and pay aberdeen for McInnes

Probably not, but any club would want ALL monies up front.  No Tic for that mob.

I don't get this indignation that Kenny McLean is doing Saints out of a sell on fee.

What is he supposed to do? Accept less money to stay at Aberdeen when he can get more somewhere else.? Refuse to move to a bigger club or even league and further his career?

The lad did well for us stayed on when he didn't have to and we agreed to sell him. We got some dosh for him. End of. He owes saints nothing more.

I wish him all the very best and will always remember a good player who gave his all for Saints when he was here.

Edited by Danny

You are right of course about us getting compensation for Moran but don't think it will be any where near 300K since he had only been with us a few years after leaving Rangers. Even if we were to get a dozen offers for him in January, he might not fancy any of the clubs that want him and like McLean could just run his contract down.

Exactly. Did people not learn from the the McGinn saga? Even with development fees and him being with us since he was 6 we can still get shafted!

Kenny and his whole family massive newco fans,so wouldn't be surprised he runs down contract and his beloved club get him for nowt,his agent and newco probably done deal already,and if anyone thinks that's not allowed and doesn't happen,they away with fairies,mcginn a personally think will go in January for over a million so get wee pay day there

Is it just me who thinks he’s turned out to be not much cop?

From what I can gather, not many Aberdeen fans will be shedding tears about his departure.

To me a sell on clause is a protection for the sell g club against the player turning out to be brilliant and the club who bought him coining it in.

If the player turns out to be not all that, then no one can complain about a sell on clause going up the pictures. 

Just now, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Is it just me who thinks he’s turned out to be not much cop?

From what I can gather, not many Aberdeen fans will be shedding tears about his departure.

To me a sell on clause is a protection for the sell g club against the player turning out to be brilliant and the club who bought him coining it in.

If the player turns out to be not all that, then no one can complain about a sell on clause going up the pictures. 

McInness has been quoted saying: "He's been hugely influential and his commitment to us has been clear. His running stats and high-intensity work, he has been hands down better than any other player."

The above to me sounds like a huge loss to their team. The only thing i would say about Kenny since moving to Aberdeen is that the goals have dried up and it was probably a major part of his game that he was signed for, though not having a settled consistent position in the team has probably been a major factor for that.

17 hours ago, Herbie said:

If he signs for Deadco I will personally laugh myself into an early grave at his lack of ambition and his disdain for the club that made him. He'll be Fergie to me. .....

I wait with baited breath as his career goes arse over tit and he plays a season at Oxford Utd on loan before becoming Hamilton Accie's midfield general...

^^^^^^Joke of a post from a supporter who's not all there.

4 hours ago, Danny said:

I don't get this indignation that Kenny McLean is doing Saints out of a sell on fee.

What is he supposed to do? Accept less money to stay at Aberdeen when he can get more somewhere else.? Refuse to move to a bigger club or even league and further his career?

The lad did well for us stayed on when he didn't have to and we agreed to sell him. We got some dosh for him. End of. He owes saints nothing more.

I wish him all the very best and will always remember a good player who gave his all for Saints when he was here.

^^^^^^^Good post from a supporter with common sense.

Get out of here with your reasoning and sensibility.

Good post, absolutely spot on.

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

This note turned up in my Facebook memories...

Four years ago today.

Saints at home to Dundee United.

Marian Kello makes his St Mirren debut today - St Mirren line-up: Kello, van Zanten, Kelly, McGregor, Mair, Goodwin, Newton, McGinn, McLean, McGowan, Thompson.

How we've improved. :rolleyes:

Good luck to Kenny, whatever he decides to do. He owes us absolutely nothing. I would hope he steers clear of Ibrox - a club still in a real mess. If he must fulfil a dream, do it once he's earned his money and made his name elsewhere, down south, the way others have done such as Dorrans and that c#nt R@€ - catch them on the way back down, if they're still here...

Kenny probably has regressed as a player in his years at Aberdeen from the one we knew and loved but this is down to McInnes playing him in a deeper role and having him do the dirty stuff in the midfield.  Unfortunately, we all know that is not Kenny’s strengths as we witnessed during the horrible Tommy Craig era. He just cannot be a combative midfielder.  His ideal position is in behind the striker that allows him to be on the front foot in the final third, making runs into the box, contributing to the attack and getting beyond the striker. Very rarely have Aberdeen played him there & with the arrival and form of Christie from Celtic, the likelihood of getting played in ‘the hole’ would be slim.

Anyway, all the best to Kenny & i hope he gets a decent move on from Aberdeen.