Kenny McLean

On 10/26/2017 at 3:41 PM, TopCat said:

Kenny's a good Scottish Premiership player. Nothing more nothing less.

I imagine he will end up at his boyhood club, along with his current manager.

I always thought Kenny was going to be a bit special, unfortunately the Aberdeen move does not appear to have done him any favours. Now at 26 (almost) i cant see a queue of Championship clubs forming to bid for him and agree he will end up at Sevco to start their latest rebirth and assault on the premiership top six . :(

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

By a mile Kenny's best form with us was under Teale when Gary pushed him forward and he could start shooting from outside the box and attack defences. But Aberdeen have apparently mostly played him deep midfield which is not his strength in my opinion. Play him in the right position and you have a well above average Premiership player. Play him deep and he is average.

By a mile Kenny's best form with us was under Teale when Gary pushed him forward and he could start shooting from outside the box and attack defences. But Aberdeen have apparently mostly played him deep midfield which is not his strength in my opinion. Play him in the right position and you have a well above average Premiership player. Play him deep and he is average.

Very much agree although I think his ability to read the game and spot a pass is way above average and probably why McInnes plays him in a deeper role.

• 2 months later...

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1406361-transfer-talk-norwich-want-mclean-leeds-after-windass/ 

Reported £500,000 for McLean. If goes ahead £50k for saints based on previous comments about a 10% sell-on. Imagine some of the transfer would be performance based though and we wouldn't get it all at once. better than a kick in the teeth.

Also makes a mockery of Sevco bidding £300k for him last summer. 

3 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1406361-transfer-talk-norwich-want-mclean-leeds-after-windass/ 

Reported £500,000 for McLean. If goes ahead £50k for saints based on previous comments about a 10% sell-on. Imagine some of the transfer would be performance based though and we wouldn't get it all at once. better than a kick in the teeth.

Also makes a mockery of Sevco bidding £300k for him last summer. 

Sadly I fear that the lure of the blue bigot cheat pound will be too much for him, and he'll end up at their shithole in the summer for hee haw.

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Reported £500,000 for McLean. If goes ahead £50k for saints based on previous comments about a 10% sell-on.

Are sell-on payments based on an agreed percentage of the full fee paid or would it be just the incremental amount received by Aberdeen beyond what was originally paid to us ?

Kelvin McKenzie disnae do Aberdeen/St Mirren football stories.

Some think K.K writes every in word in the Super Soaraway Sun

The great Kyle Gunn does Saints stuff and does it very well.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2107266/st-mirren-aberdeen-kenny-mclean-sell-on-clause-cash-injection-norwich-city/

500k from an English premiership club who just sold a midfield player for 12 million. Are they taking the piss ? 

He has under 6 months left on his contract how much do you think they should pay?

I don't understand why we go through this everytime someone who's contract is about to run out goes for a nominal sum. The buying club are just paying enough to stop the player going onto the open market.

Aberdeen will bite their hand off to get £500k for a player they got for £175k unless they think having him in the team will earn them greater prize money which it probably won't.

Hope he goes before Saturday.

Stand corrected , To be honest I'm not a Scott who has an English team never quite understood that also don't take much interest in it ether you have four or five teams who are out of reach finically to the rest it's a bigger version of what goes on up here money wise.

16 hours ago, FTOF said:

Sadly I fear that the lure of the blue bigot cheat pound will be too much for him, and he'll end up at their shithole in the summer for hee haw.

Doubt he is that stupid, logical step is going to the English Championship where I am sure he will be paid quite well too.

17 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Stand corrected , To be honest I'm not a Scott who has an English team never quite understood that also don't take much interest in it ether you have four or five teams who are out of reach finically to the rest it's a bigger version of what goes on up here money wise.

What is your name then.

20 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Are sell-on payments based on an agreed percentage of the full fee paid or would it be just the incremental amount received by Aberdeen beyond what was originally paid to us ?

Can be either. Can be percentage profit or percentage of full fee. From all available news stories it seems percentage of next fee as stories are saying £50k (although may not be accurate)