Gregor Buchanan and the other Ross Stewart Sign

20 minutes ago, paulsmfc said:

Is it possible Buchanan was part of the Mullen deal? Surely if he's training with Livi, that would have made more sense than letting him go for hee haw?

For hee haw? We weren't likely to get a fee for someone who hasn't held down a place and only had a few months left on his one year deal. Wage taken off our wage bill and put onto Livi's, 

For hee haw? We weren't likely to get a fee for someone who hasn't held down a place and only had a few months left on his one year deal. Wage taken off our wage bill and put onto Livi's, 
I'm not suggesting we should have gotten a fee. What I'm questioning is could he have been used as part ex in Mullen deal, reducing the fee we were required to pay them.

They would likely be paying a % not all eg it's unlikely that Alloa would be able to afford 100% of Ross Stewart's wage.
That's fair enough but Stewart is playing at a lower level with a p/t team. Livy are f/t like us. Either way it no big deal as long as he doesn't score against us [emoji460]

13 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Is that the whole load of part time players signed in the summer punted yet? It’s almost the third week in January after all emoji28.png

Or is Kirkpatrick and what’s his face still here? You wonder why we bother signing them in the first place.

Like every other club we signed a variety of possibles & probables during the summer - I actually think it's quite impressive how JR has managed to move on those who haven't established themselves as first picks.

Looking forward to finding out who's coming in!

Edited by Bud the Baker

5 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Like every other club we signed a variety of possibles & probables during the summer - I actually think it's quite impressive how JR has managed to move on those who haven't established themselves as first picks.

"Moved them on" or "gave them away"...?

i would imagine Buchanan got some sort of payoff to end his contract (why go somewhere else for less wages). And also expect we are picking up a percentage of the loanees wages too. Costly exercise.

9 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

"Moved them on" or "gave them away"...?

i would imagine Buchanan got some sort of payoff to end his contract (why go somewhere else for less wages). And also expect we are picking up a percentage of the loanees wages too. Costly exercise.

Football in 2018.

Edited by Bud the Baker

11 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Live and learn, onwards and upwards!

Nothing to learn - every club in the country is trying to shift players who are not first pick, juggle the budget and bring in others who will improve the team.

If you & TC want to interpret JR's wheeling & dealing as a sign of ineptitude then I suspect you'll be in a very small minority.

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

Is that the whole load of part time players signed in the summer punted yet? It’s almost the third week in January after all emoji28.png

Or is Kirkpatrick and what’s his face still here? You wonder why we bother signing them in the first place.

Maybe it's because we fared much better than we had expected too.  Now we have to bring in a couple of heavy guns.