In The Name Of The Wee Man

The trouble with merging is that there are always some eejits who head for the front of the queue and try to force themselves in, this is a particular problem at the charing cross junction westbound where the outside lane is for cutting off to charing cross, it's often blocked by the queue jumpers trying to force themselves in to the queue at the very last opportunity. This used to boil my blood when i was trying to get back to Paisley after working anywhere east of junnction 17. I did, on more than one occasion, purposely leave a gap in front of me then watched the queue jumpers coming up in my mirror, just as they got about 2 cars behind me i shut the gap and they had to head off to charing cross, pretty stupid now that i think of it but gave me a laugh at the time.

4 hours ago, buddiecat said:

The trouble with merging is that there are always some eejits who head for the front of the queue and try to force themselves in, this is a particular problem at the charing cross junction westbound where the outside lane is for cutting off to charing cross, it's often blocked by the queue jumpers trying to force themselves in to the queue at the very last opportunity. This used to boil my blood when i was trying to get back to Paisley after working anywhere east of junnction 17. I did, on more than one occasion, purposely leave a gap in front of me then watched the queue jumpers coming up in my mirror, just as they got about 2 cars behind me i shut the gap and they had to head off to charing cross, pretty stupid now that i think of it but gave me a laugh at the time.

Very seldom would that work as most times it leaves a gap behind which the offending driver utilises. In fact I think a lot of offenders hope for that outcome.

ETA. Thanks if it was you that allowed me in by doing this. Works everytime.

(only kidding.)

Edited by stlucifer

Just now, stlucifer said:

Very seldom would that work as most times it leaves a gap behind which the offending driver utilises. In fact I think a lot of offenders hope for that outcome.

All about timing, check that they are indicating to get into your lane, when they are 2 cars back start closing the gap, by the time you have halved the gap (or reduced it to be too small for a car to cut in) they have already passed the gap you left behind, it's then up to the driver behind to choose to close the gap to you or let the jumper in. Either way they didn't get in front of me. So it worked every time.

Just now, buddiecat said:

All about timing, check that they are indicating to get into your lane, when they are 2 cars back start closing the gap, by the time you have halved the gap (or reduced it to be too small for a car to cut in) they have already passed the gap you left behind, it's then up to the driver behind to choose to close the gap to you or let the jumper in. Either way they didn't get in front of me. So it worked every time.

A wee bit churlish and potentially dangerous.

I am paid from the house to the house, and driving between sites is part and parcel of my day, so maybe my attitude is different because of that but I tend to just slow slightly and tut at their inconsideration for others. Your way obviously doesn't stop them from doing this so why endanger innocent folk behind when it adds no more than a second or two to your journey?

2 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I am paid from the house to the house, and driving between sites is part and parcel of my day, so maybe my attitude is different because of that but I tend to just slow slightly and tut at their inconsideration for others. Your way obviously doesn't stop them from doing this so why endanger innocent folk behind when it adds no more than a second or two to your journey?

Okay Mr, Perfect.If you read back you will see that i now consider it to have been a stupid thing to do.

1 minute ago, buddiecat said:

Okay Mr, Perfect.If you read back you will see that i now consider it to have been a stupid thing to do.

I wasn't meant as a criticism of you as I understand the frustration. I expect my attitude would differ if I was sitting in the queue trying to get home in my own time. And I'm not condoning the idiots who do this to save themselves a few seconds.

19 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

The M8 is busy at peak times as too many people want to use it then. The solution is staggered working hours and home working,

Yep. Until people realise that there is no solution which will allow half the country to go to work at the same time on the same road without traffic building up we will continue to suffer like this.

4 hours ago, buddiecat said:

Yeah and people who do what you did are part of the problem as well.

Our country is full of idiots, most of whom either cannot drive or believe that it is ever justifed to use their car as a weapon like you do.

25 minutes ago, buddiecat said:

This is just brainless.

How can you not see that?

22 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

And this is the point. Imagine endangering the lives of innocent people both in front and behind you just to teach some c**t a lesson.

1 hour ago, cockles1987 said:

I'm going to disagree with yourself now. You did nothing wrong. Seen so many trying to cut/barge in with them braking and having to stop in the outside lane resulting in others getting delayed because of there impatience.

Yep I have changed my mind as well.

It is definitely worth the risk of killing other innocent people just to stop these inconsiderate bastards from stealing ahead in a queue.

Those guys obviously need taught a lesson and no price is too high.

I certainly think that is the line we should be sticking with when explaining to bereaved families why some c**t drove into the back of them in a queue.

5 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

He was driving in the lane that was sign posted for where he was travelling to, he never said he was speeding or braking excessively. He wasn't tailgating.

He may have pissed off someone, but last time I looked that wasn't a crime.

Well if it was, I'm presuming that you're using a smuggled in phone to one of Her Majesties lodging homes. emoji14.png

He was using his car to deliberately bait other drivers and block them off.

That is driving without due care and consideration and people who do this sort of thing cause accidents all the time.

It really is time we stopped making excuses for this sort of driving.

People using their cars as weapons to bully others should not be allowed a licence.

Edited by oaksoft

10 hours ago, oaksoft said:

That is driving without due care and consideration and people who do this sort of thing cause accidents all the time.

People using their cars as weapons to bully others should not be allowed a licence.

Surely that applies to the idiot who was using the wrong lane and then trying to cut in.

11 hours ago, oaksoft said:

It certainly seems to be why certain people buy certain types of cars

Guest TPAFKATS
A tad unfair. Oakie claims to be a lot of things but, as far as I've read, a psychic or soothsayer isn't on the list.

Aye, but it was posted in the early hours of Sunday morning.

5 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Bit of a poor choice of words above, given last night's events in London.

You can f**k right off with that nonsense. :angry:

It's not often I get angry on here.

It's not often I get even mildly irritated but you pressed my button on this.

Well done! You have sunk to new depths. Using a disaster to score cheap points on a football forum discussion and then frame it to make it look like I am the one at fault.

Edited by oaksoft

Guest TPAFKATS
I didnt ask you to.
In fact I specifically advised you to go to the P and B site to find others who are at your level of discussion.

On a different thread, at a later time.
What a twat you are.
Looking on the brightside, well have a week or so peace after your impending meltdown.
I predict Monday