Craig Samson

27 minutes ago, davidg said:

Great signing at our level. 

Miles better than Billy the fish. 

Here is the question, would I rather have Billy back than Samson?

I can't say that I would, or certainly couldn't say I'd feel strongly either way.

7 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

The only thing that worries me is that Well have replaced him with the worst goalie on the ELF. They've just signed Hartlepool's keeper after they were relegated from League 2!

Shouldn't  that worry Well supporters more?

Just now, Luther G. Presley said:

I would have Ross Stewart as number 1 from the off, he is good enough.

I'd be happy with this. I'd be disappointed if we've signed Samson with a cast-iron guarantee of starting. When two new keepers come in it should be a straight fight for the starting place rather than one being handed it.

If Ross Stewart is better, he should start. Simple as that, really.

A little bit "meh" for me this one.
I grew to like Samson during his last spell with us, and he was an integral part of the 2013 cup winning team, but for me that ship has now sailed.
He had a poor season at Motherwell last term and is another one who doesn't take command of his area enough. Another puncher.
Perhaps at this level he's as good as we're going to get and I'm being a bit grumpy and unreasonable.

Never seen you so pessimistic about a Saints player. Has Elvis hacked your account.

25 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

Billy, he played 4 games. 

I'm well aware of that , 8-3 v Accies , 3-0 v 'Well ,1-0 v RFC and 0-1 v 'Well. He was terrific in the win at Ibrox , is what I said ! He went to Thistle as part of the Thomson deal !

8 hours ago, barrhead saint said:

Every time I watch the final, which is quite a lot, I keep expecting him to save Hearts second goal.

There was a goal in pretty much every round he could have done better with. Have to be honest I have trust in JR but i'm not convinced by the signings so far a lot of gambles that I hope pay off for us.

I'm sorry but if this is true I'm far less than Meh. You need to look at recent performances. Not reminisce on past glories. I will be forever in awe of Samson's performances inn the 2013 semi final and final but, unfortunately, he was released by Motherwell because he was very poor.

10 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I'm sorry but if this is true I'm far less than Meh. You need to look at recent performances. Not reminisce on past glories. I will be forever in awe of Samson's performances inn the 2013 semi final and final but, unfortunately, he was released by Motherwell because he was very poor.

He was playing for Ayr United before he signed for us the first time, due to a down turn in his form.

Who knows, maybe coming back will see his form improve.

Anyway, I'm sure we'll see Stewart being our first choice 'keeper and Samson as an able back up.

Yes I liked Hinchy.

And you're probably right.

No Saints goalkeeper has ever come close to Dibble for me though, he really was the best. Ridiculous he never got capped for the full national team.

Billy Thompson was the best I have seen followed by Dibble and Denis Connaghan.

Sorry NED: I think you got that list arse about t*t, surely it should be Denis Connaghan, then Billy Thompson and and then Dibble , however for stickability ; yes Dibble is in there