Craig Samson

1 hour ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Kilmarnock supporting mate of mine says Samson was on of the worst keepers he’s ever seen play for Killie.

I told him I’ve seen a lot worse play for Saints.

In turn, I said that Alan Combe was one of the worst keepers I’ve seen play for Saints.

He reckoned that Combe was one of Killie’s best!

Motherwell supporting neighbour said the same thing to me when we resigned him. Told him to worry about them signing Sammon and I would worry about Samson  :D 

2 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Motherwell supporting neighbour said the same thing to me when we resigned him. Told him to worry about them signing Sammon and I would worry about Samson  :D 

A lot of our own support questioned the sanity of it. Me included. Even after his heroics, some still think this.

• 2 weeks later...

Seen some highlights of the game against Aberdeen and he was a bit iffy, although our inept defending didn't help, and during the Rangers game, I don't know why he came out miles away from his line when there was no hope he would get the ball.  Sometimes we pulls amazing saves out of the hat, but feel he then sometimes gets really clumsy and gives away goals.  Am I alone in thinking this or does anyone else see the same?

15 minutes ago, Deekthebuddie said:

Seen some highlights of the game against Aberdeen and he was a bit iffy, although our inept defending didn't help, and during the Rangers game, I don't know why he came out miles away from his line when there was no hope he would get the ball.  Sometimes we pulls amazing saves out of the hat, but feel he then sometimes gets really clumsy and gives away goals.  Am I alone in thinking this or does anyone else see the same?

Just you dude. :zipit

34 minutes ago, Deekthebuddie said:

yes

46 minutes ago, Deekthebuddie said:

Deek.  Every keeper makes mistakes but I am a fan of the big guy.  He has been invaluable to us this season and last. 

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Deek.  Every keeper makes mistakes but I am a fan of the big guy.  He has been invaluable to us this season and last. 

Our defence was so shit hot last season, Sammy only touched the ball about twice.

2 hours ago, Deekthebuddie said:

No you’re not alone. We need a new first choice keeper for this league and have been saying that since we won promotion 

The more our defence allow pressure, the more likely our keeper (whoever it is) is likely to make a mistake. Samson will be fine, every keeper makes errors ffs. He gains us more points than he loses. Danny Rogers (a decent signing based on his previous) had his chance and f**ked it up in style.

Priority should be another full back/centre back/winger/striker. Our keeper is decent. 

17 minutes ago, munoz said:

So it's now Sammy's fault. At least Jack Baird /Stubbs/us not signing Smith will take a back seat for an hour or 2.

Some folk are just never happy.

Ignore them. 

41 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

The more our defence allow pressure, the more likely our keeper (whoever it is) is likely to make a mistake. Samson will be fine, every keeper makes errors ffs. He gains us more points than he loses. Danny Rogers (a decent signing based on his previous) had his chance and f**ked it up in style.

Priority should be another full back/centre back/winger/striker. Our keeper is decent. 

Disagree he’s not good enough for the premier league and he’s proving it not for the first time 

4 hours ago, W6Saint said:

Ask fans from other clubs in the Premiership and Championship what they think of CS and you’ll find out the reality of his ability...

No you won't- you'll find out that other fans have as much of a clue as some of our fans. Limited. 

I reckon Stubbs is just giving Sammy enough rope , another couple of glaring errors for the pundits to pick through , and Rogers will be 1st choice .

I would agree with this, and I think it’s harsh on Sammy but feel Stubbs has been waiting for Sammy to drop one or two before he puts in Rogers.

6 minutes ago, foxbar_bud said:

I would agree with this, and I think it’s harsh on Sammy but feel Stubbs has been waiting for Sammy to drop one or two before he puts in Rogers.

Having attended every match this season and watched the big man make penalty saves that helped get us through our league cup group and ensure we got 3 and not one point against Dundee in the League,  I'm not getting on his back now for his howler at Aberdeen when he gave the ball straight to the opposition.  Aberdeen had 23 shots on Saturday,  12 of them on target and scored with 4. Other than his daft moment he played well and had as much of a claim as anyone else to be our man of the match in a poor team performance. 

9 hours ago, Big Yards said:

Disagree he’s not good enough for the premier league and he’s proving it not for the first time 

Utter nonsense.

A goalie makes a mistake it stands out more than any other player on the park as it's the last line of defence .

Samie is one of the best goalkeepers we have had in the last two decades. No Samie no league cup trophy 

Sir Samie. 

10 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Utter nonsense.

A goalie makes a mistake it stands out more than any other player on the park as it's the last line of defence .

Samie is one of the best goalkeepers we have had in the last two decades. No Samie no league cup trophy 

Sir Samie. 

He let in a goal against Celtic which looked very saveable then let a hearts goal in the final trundle past him when a 10 year old could’ve kicked it away. He was just lucky those goals didn’t affect the outcome