Craig Samson

21 minutes ago, Big Yards said:

He let in a goal against Celtic which looked very saveable then let a hearts goal in the final trundle past him when a 10 year old could’ve kicked it away. He was just lucky those goals didn’t affect the outcome

Goalkeepers are the most exposed in a team and mistakes pounced upon whereas strikers don't get half the venom if they miss good chances. Every goalkeeper in history has fecked up big time including the best, Clements, Banks, Gordon, Hart and De Gea.  CS has made mistakes but I feel less than the great saves that won us the LC and gain promotion. There is no such thing as a faultless keeper and if ours was better he wouldn't be playing for a club our size.  

27 minutes ago, Big Yards said:

He let in a goal against Celtic which looked very saveable then let a hearts goal in the final trundle past him when a 10 year old could’ve kicked it away. He was just lucky those goals didn’t affect the outcome

Remember Rob Green and Joe Hart's trundlers? Both rated top international keepers and both in the EPL.  No point in considering what it's when we won the bloody cup.  You may as well add, what if he had not slipped, missed an open goal, didn't get sent off,  hadn't given away a penalty etc?

Having attended every match this season and watched the big man make penalty saves that helped get us through our league cup group and ensure we got 3 and not one point against Dundee in the League,  I'm not getting on his back now for his howler

Don’t think many are getting on his back , the suggestion is that Stubbs may use his howler as a reason to get Rogers in the team .

20 minutes ago, helpmaboab said:

Stubbs said in his post match that sure Sammy made a blunder but he made many fine saves too and that overall he was happy with Sammy. If every player in our team rated the same as Sammy for attitude, skill, effort and loyalty, we would be a much better team than we currently are. So Sammy is the least of our problems. Get off his case........I reckon he averages 7/10, which is far better than most in the squad. 

And it's  also this attitude which is vital. Even when we are getting humped Sammy doesn't just sit back and give up, he does all he can to keep the score where it's at. The man's passion for the club and desire to do his best is important. You can have 11 quality players but if the attitude isn't right then you have problems. If our whole XI had Sammy's passion and attitude we would be better for it.

4 hours ago, billyg said:

I reckon Stubbs is just giving Sammy enough rope , another couple of glaring errors for the pundits to pick through , and Rogers will be 1st choice .

3 hours ago, JJ McG said:

I have a feeling Rogers will be in goals against Livingston.

Memories on here are pretty short. I too have been at every game this season and in the early appearances Rogers was far from convincing. Every time he got the ball we wondered what would happen next. No one was happy at the howlers he gave away. Remember the spartans game he didn't exactly fill us full of confidence with that excuse for a clearance when Spartans scored the second. Everyone was screaming for Sammy then and most of us felt safer with him in goals. 

Roll on a couple of weeks and everyone is screaming for blood. "Stubbs must go, Sammy must go. Gary Mac is the messiah. Oh Gavin why did you leave us. If only Jack Ross was still sporting those fetching cardigans at the SDA we'd all be fine."

Fecking man up guys and Gals. It's the big league we're in now. JR has gone. Gary Mack is injured, Gavin Fecked off and we've lost to the two teams who will finish second and third in the league.

While we're learning how to survive in this league there will be a few more drubbing's I'm sure. Let's judge Stubbs and the players by what they do against the Dundee's. Livingstons etc and maybe next season we can raise our expectations.

If we perform shit on Saturday. I might start knicker wetting but just calm down folks. It's too early to lose the plot.

Now where's my clean knickers.

:booty

The deal for Rodgers was a long time in coming to fruition. I suspect he was a loan deal that the previous manager had looked to set up. As such, I'm not sure that Stubbs will necessary be looking for the first opportunity to start him over Samson.

20 minutes ago, Drew said:

The deal for Rodgers was a long time in coming to fruition. I suspect he was a loan deal that the previous manager had looked to set up. As such, I'm not sure that Stubbs will necessary be looking for the first opportunity to start him over Samson.

But that doesn't fit in with he conspiracy theories, ya dafty.  :wink:

Just now, santaponsasaint said:
2 minutes ago, Drew said:
I'm willing to bet my house that Samson will be in goal on Saturday.
Anyone willing to match?
£50 charity bet if not. Any takers?

Rodgers stretchers off in reserve game. So safe bet lol

Damn - I would have got away with it if it wasn't for that pesky SPS! :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Drew said:

I'm willing to bet my house that Samson will be in goal on Saturday.

Anyone willing to match?

£50 charity bet if not. Any takers?

I’ll match.

OK forum, I’m also willing to bet Drew’s house on Samson being in goal on Saturday.

Any takers?